PDA

View Full Version : HTFR Raided

TechMouse
25-05-2006, 02:49 PM
From elsewhere on the information superhighway...

WICKED

just heard on the grape vine the wakers at HTFR have been raided for sellin boot legs

aparently the 'disco police' are there loading vinyl on to trucks as we speak

serves em right!

result!!! Very Happy

Probably fair.

Si the Sigh
25-05-2006, 02:51 PM
HTFR are skanking fu*ks.

The kings of represses and bootlegs with stupidly high prices.

dirty_bass
25-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Oh dear.
I quite like the place. I`ve got some great hard to find vinyl from them.

I don`t really think we can afford to gloat at the downfall of any record shop these days, and as far as I know, they always pay up to distributers and stuff.

eyeswithoutaface
25-05-2006, 07:18 PM
well there's some confusion already. When you say bootlegs, do you mean HTFR have actually been pressing and cutting their own bootlegs of releases that have come through their warehouses? If so, that is pretty shocking behaviour from a record store, but i think the full facts should be harnessed. Look at the source here, a quote from "somewhere else on the information superhighway".... talk about vague, and that was heard "on the grapevine"

anyone with any solid information about this?

and in this day and age we really shouldnt be laughing at the potential closure of a business that will probably one day be selling records from alot of people on these forums, or any record store going under for that matter, as there really are a distinct lack of record stores, never mind good record stores

Stretch
25-05-2006, 11:43 PM
It's been brought up before on other boards that they've been pressing up copies of rare records. It wouldn't suprise me if it was true. I have a friend who works there, I'll ask him tomorrow.

Electrictribe
26-05-2006, 10:26 AM
they been skanking people passing of booties as originals for over 10 years. About time they got in the shit for it.

Traxx
26-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Not arsed if they go under one bit.

Jay Pace
26-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I inadvertently bought a bootleg from them before.

And sent it straight back because the pressing was shit.

And they refunded my money without so much as a peep.

No sympathy. Shouldn't sell stolen goods, just like any other shops.

You wouldn't expect HMV to sell you pirate DVDs or copied CDs.

slimboy
26-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Hope the twats get shut down for good. Never once had anything resembling a positive experience buying records from HTFR.

RDR
26-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh dear.
I quite like the place. I`ve got some great hard to find vinyl from them.

I don`t really think we can afford to gloat at the downfall of any record shop these days, and as far as I know, they always pay up to distributers and stuff.

Agree about the record shop thing, but to be honest they can F U CK right off, i couldnt care bloody less.

They're a bunch of rip off merchants who dont care AT ALL... im still waiting for 3 scratch records i ordered off them 6montsh ago and have given up phoning.

they should have gone down from disgusting customer service and rude shop assistants.

Screw em.

TechMouse
30-05-2006, 12:28 PM
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9175/purdysurprisecopy9dl.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1685/7600a3267is.jpg

Jay Pace
30-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Music boards across the UK are happily chortling at their demise.

Funny how one shop can generate so much bad will.

TechMouse
30-05-2006, 01:18 PM
I think they've dug their own grave somewhere between being elitist moody buggers to all and sundry in their shop, and generally being rip off merchants with their rumoured vinyl cutting lathe.

Kid Lego
18-06-2006, 02:45 PM
yeah really grumpy staff,shit website,high prices and keep hearing bad stuff all the time............. well u know wot they say "what goes around comes around" !

Francisco Scaramanga
18-06-2006, 05:28 PM
I have heard some of the truth behind the stories after speaking to a longtime employee (but exemployee for the past few years), and by all accounts their downfall is deserved, and he wouldent even tell me the proper juicy stuff. Hopefully someone good can take their place!

trip_out
18-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Dunno what happened but tis still open. I've been past there several times this week. Wish they'd have impounded the porsche!

mrchristian
22-06-2006, 03:10 AM
once i woke up in the morning to find a package from htfr ... strange i thought as i had not orderd anything .
it was a quite big package so i was intrigued to find out what was inside ... i opened it a lo and behol there was a ortofon concorde needle and a shure microphone all paid for in a credit card in my name ... the funny thing was i didnt own any credit cards and never had at that point in my life ????

needless to say i kept em both and didnt bother contacting htfr lol

RDR
22-06-2006, 11:50 AM
hahahahaha

hahahaha

nice one.

Electrictribe
22-06-2006, 02:16 PM
once i woke up in the morning to find a package from htfr ... strange i thought as i had not orderd anything .
it was a quite big package so i was intrigued to find out what was inside ... i opened it a lo and behol there was a ortofon concorde needle and a shure microphone all paid for in a credit card in my name ... the funny thing was i didnt own any credit cards and never had at that point in my life ????

needless to say i kept em both and didnt bother contacting htfr lol

would be more concerned someone had taken a credit card out in your name

Si the Sigh
22-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Innit! :lol:

26-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Never bought anything from there but I only heard bad from those who did. After dealing with scumbag private sellers in the UK like Phil Dewhurst and Emulation I wasn't interested with buying from HTFR. It took a lot of convincing for me to buy from Juno for the first time.

26-06-2006, 05:17 AM
Innit! :lol:

It is so! Very scary.

Adey
05-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Got some right good 2livecrew off them - wasn't expensive and was originals.

tbh, all record shops skank as much as they can get away with on tunes and don't be so sure they're all above board.

Selling preview whites they get for free is as bad as pressing booties.

Jay Pace
06-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Selling preview whites they get for free is as bad as pressing booties.

Pressing booties is cynical calculated theft of an artists work.

Selling whites is unethical because they aren't intended to be sold.
But they are still the property of the record shop. Anything thats yours to keep is yours to sell.

278d7e64a374de26f==