PDA

View Full Version : New Hard Track, possible DB003?

dirty_bass
10-09-2003, 04:55 AM
Ok, here is the track I have been fighting with in the studio the last couple of nights. Its the final composition minus final edits (reverses, filter sweeps etc) and mastering.
Might use it as the hard side for DB003

http://www.londontechno.co.uk/tunes/Baal%20the%20Consumer%20Raw%20Master.mp3

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Steve D-Bass

The Overfiend
10-09-2003, 03:58 PM
A bit of a Liebing influence no?
Nice hats. I get the thought process behind it

Skarabex
10-09-2003, 04:06 PM
good track mate. I especially like the bass!!

keep it up.

regards

dirty_bass
10-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Actually, I have just moved my studio, and it is now in a moderately sized room, but the only confortable set up means my monitors (spirit absolute 2`s), are very close to the wall. I think this has affected the accoustics, and I may be getting too much bass. Do you think so?
If this is the case should I upply some damping material behind the speakers (like an old duvet)?

As for my influences, I don`t actually own any chris liebing, I would say my main influences would be Steve Stoll (and front 242), Lawrie (Mr Compression)Immersion, Johan Bacto, Henrik B, and Mr Varela.

Well I`ll stick up the proposed A side for DB03 soon, and also the other possible B-side, for your helpful critique.

Cheers.

Steve

kROKar
11-09-2003, 01:50 AM
Nice and hard. Love it.

To much bass yes, look at the spectrum meter.
Nice intro, love the hats , open hihat comes to dry IMO.

dirty_bass
11-09-2003, 04:55 AM
Yep, that hat does seem dry, it`s got verb on it, but not enough in the mix.

Well here is the Link for the other possible DB003 hard tune
http://www.londontechno.co.uk/Tunes/Like%20Tears%20in%20Rain%201st%20draft.mp3

Let me know what you think

I`m not sure which of these 2 tunes is going in the right way. Your opinions are valued, as your mates (well my mates) always tell you your stuff is great, and don`t aid the decision making process.

"I`m going to bed now Boney, it`s been one of those days"

name that quote and I`ll give U a free white label

Steve D-Bass

professor
11-09-2003, 02:53 PM
definately like the 2nd one more. I can hear al-kindsa Steve Stoll in em'. Except I think your track move a little more through the mix (better I think, more variety).

Both are really good. I'd play them both...lots.

lunatrick
12-09-2003, 12:11 AM
I definately prefered the second one - the mix seemed more finished if you know what I mean - the first one seemed too compressed - if thats possible....good work though. Is this stuff done through analogue or digital?

Drago
15-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Hmmm.....I like both of those. Think I prefer the first one slightly more, but there's not a lot in it - they are both good :dance: Slightly bass heavy on the first one, although that's not always a bad thing. The second one sounded as thought it needed something else.....I can't put my finger on what though...just needed a little something to really make it a must have track. Sorry I can't be more specific, haven't been making my own tunes for that long, so this is more from a DJ/Listener's point of view as opposed to a producers point of view.

278d7e64a374de26f==