PDA

View Full Version : souncard problems!

Boboagogo
25-05-2006, 09:49 PM
ive had the firewire ap workin on my last laptop but got a sony vaio last month and it wouldnt recognise that is was plugged in. later found out that i needed a sony i-link cable to use firewire devices with the vaio. got that this week and still nothing :( all the drivers installed done everything in the rite order and still nothing hapens when i plug it in ..doin me headin!

messyfuture
27-05-2006, 09:23 AM
have you tried to add new hardware from the control panel and what sort of soundcard are you using?

Boboagogo
31-05-2006, 04:30 PM
im using the m-audio audiophile, ive tried to do it by adding new hardware aswell and still nothing happening.

messyfuture
03-06-2006, 06:47 PM
could it be the usb/firewire port on the lappy that ur p[lugin it into?

drum303
07-06-2006, 04:34 AM
Did the sony happen to come with XP SP2? It seens that other people are having the same problem with other firewire devices as well (DV cameras and such) Also, have you any other firewire devices that work, or that you could try? Microsoft is supposed to have some sort of fix for this, although I was unable to find it. Try windowsupdate.microsoft.com and make sure you look at the optional updates. I would also try the m-audio site for any info there.

278d7e64a374de26f==