PDA

View Full Version : Tidying and focusing this forum.

MARKEG
26-05-2006, 03:52 PM
OK I've made two nice new stickies. One for the show (cause there seems to be quite a few posts about this) and second for the new releases. Hopefullly this will mean more posts in the main part of the forum about serious topics and we can keep the other stuff just rolling in the stickies!

So if anyone sees any posts not in the stickies can you just make sure ppl know, just in case I miss it.

Thanks everyone!

Any other ideas most welcome :)

dirty_bass
26-05-2006, 03:57 PM
didn`t everyone complain about all the stickies in here and so you took them down?

Good to have the new releases sticky, that should keep things tidy.

rhythmtech
26-05-2006, 04:21 PM
only problem is that you have to sift through pages once it fills up. i think a seperate new releases & samples subforum would be a better idea. much easier to find what you're looking for. cause that sticky is gonna get really really big in a short time.

MARKEG
26-05-2006, 04:28 PM
good point.. hmmm leave it sticky for noow, i'm thinking of some big changes round here anyway..the place needs focusing :)

TechMouse
26-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Perhaps you should have a focus meeting?

dan the acid man
26-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Perhaps you should have a focus meeting?

can we have tea and biccys at this focus meeting too ?

Mindful
26-05-2006, 07:45 PM
and ass sex

MARKEG
26-05-2006, 07:46 PM
and ass sex

ff sake mindful... what is this fascination you've got with rectums :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahaha

Mindful
26-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Techno and ass sex mate, the magic of a good life

Mindful
26-05-2006, 07:50 PM
I like lady bums

SlavikSvensk
26-05-2006, 08:05 PM
and ass sex

ff sake mindful... what is this fascination you've got with rectums :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahaha

possibly the result of several 18-hour dj-assault-only sessions? ;)

koma
29-05-2006, 06:41 PM
good point.. hmmm leave it sticky for noow, i'm thinking of some big changes round here anyway..the place needs focusing :)

have you read the replies to that topic you posted in general about rearranging the forums?

I dont like stickys as permanent solution, but neither a idea of special forum for them

I've been away for few days, now I need one more good night of sleep.. then I'll finish my essay on BOA with couple of fresh ideas :cheese:

MARKEG
29-05-2006, 09:35 PM
ok lemme check mate

conflict
29-05-2006, 09:47 PM
i like to touch ladies front bottoms

then expose myself and gesticulate

koma
29-05-2006, 10:00 PM
conflict, this is techno forum
not general
come on...

Aratron
29-05-2006, 11:10 PM
I like lady bums

brilliant ;)
i threw a relationship away with a hot woman who liked ass sex occasionally - biggest mistake of my life.

conflict
29-05-2006, 11:54 PM
whats wrong with you?

holotropik
06-06-2006, 10:57 AM
If I may make a comment on makin this place better...

Can we do away with the division of Techno, Hard Techno, Dark/exp Techno, Trance etc.

It is ridiculous. I come here to catch up on what is goin on and I have to search through every single forum and so I dont bother most of the time. If it was all in one place the pace would be better (as some forums dont move real quick) and I think we are mature enough to scan through the topics that interest us.

Maybe we could actually find something we havent come across before, like the differnet folk on here that I come across that I havent seen on here and I have been coming here for a year or so now!?

Having it all spread out breed segregation and alienation...after all its all Techno FFS. Peeps will discern between the topics and comment as they see fit. If they choose to dis somethin then boot'em out.

I just feel it is too separated in here.

2cents.

MARKEG
06-06-2006, 11:41 AM
yeah man i see your point totally. i too am getting peeved with it, especially as i have to admin the whole thing! :lol:

but the way i see the situation here is the problem is, whether we like it or not, different music has different characters and having the seperation does actually stop the board descending into chaos. i remember every single time i made a new forum in the early days, it was for a reason and that reason was to stop arguments.

i know the comminuty is alot stronger now that it was back then, but i can't help feeling that merging everything back into one would be a bad idea indeed!

i think though you have a MASSIVE point and we do need to sort this out. already, i've merged about 12 of the forum down into about 4 with the help of everyone in the general section and i'll try and think of ways to do this with the main music forums. perhaps a better focus would help - hmm i have some ideas but will may take a few months to sort it.

anyway, points taken totally on board here. if anyone else has anything to say, it's massively appreciated. :)

holotropik
06-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Well, judging on the posts previous to mine, I would say that things decend into kaoss anyway as a general course of forum discussion....hehehe.

I mean the topic of this thread is Tidying up the forums and
you have conflict, mindful and aratron talking about anal sex....

hehehe ;)

btw, I am happy with my gurl....

holotropik
06-06-2006, 12:15 PM
give it time. not long.

Jay Pace
06-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Can see what you are saying Mark, but I'm all for a bit more chaos

Gets a bit slow round here. You get some good banter out of chaos.

Everyone agreeing on everything gets dull quickly. Without a bit of conflict nobody ever has to take a stance on anything, and you are less likely to be exposed to different influences & ideas.

Sure there are other ways of managing conflict that creating a subforum for every little segment out there.

holotropik
06-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Can see what you are saying Mark, but I'm all for a bit more chaos

Gets a bit slow round here. You get some good banter out of chaos.

Everyone agreeing on everything gets dull quickly. Without a bit of conflict nobody ever has to take a stance on anything, and you are less likely to be exposed to different influences & ideas.

Sure there are other ways of managing conflict that creating a subforum for every little segment out there.

exactly...

MARKEG
06-06-2006, 02:51 PM
i know i know.. i really do know... :cheese:

i'm not wanting everyone to lick each others balls.. man, we've been on about this one already 6 million times!!! :lol:. i just don't want toooooo much conflict. cause then it just turns into pointless genre arguments. but yeah, i see your point alot more than i used to, especially now we have alot of ppl who really do care about this place. was quite tough in the beginning when everyone was new to msg boards and just loved to slag anything that could spell (or not as the case may be).

i do see the point here. it gives us alot to think about... would be nice to have a bit of a shake up i think....

koma
06-06-2006, 02:57 PM
new BOA system

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2227/admin0mi.gif

:cheese:

TechMouse
06-06-2006, 06:54 PM
IDEA: Rather than the (confusing) Techno Promotion forum... have an online calendar.

koma
06-06-2006, 06:59 PM
ok, I had something like this in mind. nevermind some funny forum names :cheese: some might complain its too many forums again, so, changes are possible again...

Floor 1:
Main Techno Forum.. discussion only. The present and the future of the sound.
Harder & Clubby 4/4 Beats.. from funk to mayhem dancefloor material: hard techno, schranz, but also club techno, funkier stuff.. in other words, most releases we talk about would go here...
Dark / Abstract Dungeon... keep it dark and nihilistic :cheese:
Acid Forum aka Si's corner
The Core... from industrial hardcore to breakcore and speedcore mayhem. might include jungle/drum'and'base aswell
Electro / Minimal / House... where is mnml mooch? some people suggested before we might have a house forum too.. dunno how they feel now...
Classic Techno Forum.. oh the sweet memories from the past :)
Mashup Banter... the alternative forum, discuss anything outside techno world. Indie rock pop hip hop jazz whateva. there was a talk about this @ dark forum...
Techno Filez
Techno Events... instead of Techno Promotion. releases get lost among dozens and dozens of events posted, why not move them in appropriate forum. What would I like to see too, are reviews from the events, pictures and links to party galleries.

Floor 2:
Hardstyle Forum
Main Trance Forum.. not much happening in Club/Uplifting forum, so why not combine it with Hard trance.
Old skool Trance
hard dance filez
hard dance events

Production/Hi Tech
BOA Production Forum
Techno Production Filez
Hard Dance Production Filez
Tech Desk

Classifieds & ID Help
Equipment Classifieds
Music X/change
ID's

I'd combine both ID forums (techno and hard dance) into one.
same goes for X/change forums, not much action going in Hard Dance X/change forum anyway.

General Forums:
The Lounge
Metropolis
Sports Hall
Games
Vex - do we need it? or could fights be handled right on the spot?

BOA Site Forum Feedback / Development / Troubleshooting

i aggree we should make BOA open for everyone and then sort out the jerks. if it got out of hand we could always put the registration limitation up again, imo. but that is Mark's forum and therefore i am none to decide it.. it would surely help the production forum

I totally forgot about that. When I said BOA should be open for everyone in that schranz thread, I was thinking on being openminded about various things happening in the techno world.

Mark, do you still have that registration limitation? On one side, it might be a good way to avoid jerks, but on the other, we could also miss some quality fresh blood. guys who's love towards music can really be felt in their posts, specially when they post little essays so enjoyable to read, you know, guys like Dustin or Sunil or dunno, lots of people here have interesting posts..
we could also miss some new Si that's going through bunch of new records and tipping some of them. :cheese:

Boa definitely needs fresh blood.

Mark, if you're affraid of jerks and spam, gather a group of people willing to help you, I mean, I think lots of people here would help out of respect and a will to move this place forward. Youre running a site + radio show + label + gigs + this + that, gee youre no superman, although one may say youre trying to be hehe :cheese: instruct the mods and make them work.

dealin with spam is easy. you can either move it, delete it or turn into your own favour by making it pay for site's costs ;)

btw I dont like to see same things posted in several forums, mods should take care of that aswell.
well there lots of work around here, but, like I asked you in that topic in general forum, it all depends on what do you want to do with BOA.

massplanck
06-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Boa definitely needs fresh blood.

:dance:

Seriuosly. Whats the deal with registration? I have a mate who signed up in feb but couldnt give a shit about the place now because he hasnt got approval yet.

MARKEG
07-06-2006, 12:19 AM
ok k, that's one post i'm really liking. lemme have a look at that when i havent had a drink heheh ;)

re: registration..

it used to be a nightmare for me. on the old board it was really hard to do the regs, so things just got left. although there were some teething problems i've now got it sorted on this new board.

tell the guy to reapply.. i aproved 200 members last night from the last month so he obviously got missed...

dirty_bass
07-06-2006, 12:47 AM
I`ve spoken to a lot of lurkers, over the last month, and the main problem with this place I see from their perspective, is that newcomers don`t feel welcome.
A lot of people say this place is pretencious and literally don`t wanna comment or are a little intimidated.

There`s a lot of producers etc on here, and people seem to feel that their voice isn`t relevant.

I think maybe some kind of open sign up, or some way of encouraging the lurkers and those that are intimidated to speak up.

The kevin saundersons, dustin zahns, mark eg`s, DSP`s, Dirty Bass`s, Disteks, grovskopa`s, marco baileys etc etc etc aren`t any more important than anyone else in this scene.

the paying punter is just as much a part of the whole scene, as the Bod behind the mixing desk, and eveyones voice is just as relevant.

So please all the lurkers out there, and all those who are intimidated, or find this place a bit pretencious or whatever.

SPEAK UP!!!!

I for one, promise I won`t bite, and I`m sure if enough of you start speaking up, then it`ll put all us regulars back into the crowd.

koma
07-06-2006, 12:51 AM
word on that, steve

SlavikSvensk
07-06-2006, 12:53 AM
i think people are more intimidated by the pissing contest motif found on all nerdy internet forums. there's no way to stop that except for people to call out the perpetrators (this includes most of us at times) and make sure the newbs are treated decently.

dirty_bass
07-06-2006, 01:11 AM
Well, it`s all just banter really, I don`t see any malice in this place.
But I`m surprised that new people feel so unwelcome.

koma
07-06-2006, 01:14 AM
wow, Mark, you're changing things fast
didnt expect it so quick ;) no time to waste, ai?
check pm

@ Slavik: correct, man. but, thats why those perpetrators are here, one man can't do it all be himself, but a dedicated crew can.

on one side, there has to be a few rules
on the other, a bit of heat is good. too many rules spoil the fun.
and we dont want to miss the fun, right?
finding the right balance is the key... can we all do it? I believe we can.

koma
07-06-2006, 01:17 AM

its the same everywhere I think.
lots of kids here are affraid to join my board cause they're affraid some older members will jump on them if they say something incorrect or different...

koma
07-06-2006, 01:22 AM
btw dropping names from the description of forums is good idea...

detfella
07-06-2006, 01:35 AM
looks a lot better, like komas idea about the mashup forum as well.

re registrations, surely you are making more work than needed by approving people, why not just auto approve?? there are enough mods around to spot unwanted people if thats why the system is in place. i told my mate to sign up but i think like masswanks boyfriend he'll just forget about it

SlavikSvensk
07-06-2006, 01:39 AM

its the same everywhere I think.
lots of kids here are affraid to join my board cause they're affraid some older members will jump on them if they say something incorrect or different...

bingo.

SlavikSvensk
07-06-2006, 01:42 AM
Well, it`s all just banter really, I don`t see any malice in this place.

banter is fine, but there's a limit. usually i don't think people cross that line and it's fuzzy of course...but maybe being especially nice to the newbs and saving the hardcore nerd-on-nerd action for us old hands is a good idea...

MARKEG
07-06-2006, 01:48 AM
yeah much happier now i dropped the descriptiions... takes away the clutter that was pissing me off so much..

re: new ppl.. well i see new ppl posting here all the time, i've checked the stats and there's no less or more than there ever was, it's a steady flow. perhaps i could slightly do the reg's a little more often... that's something i'll hold my hands up to.. but honestly, if there's new ppl out there thinking i dare not post cause there's some 1/2 decent techno artiists on here, then i think that's plain daft. understandable, but daft :)

after all we're all just ppl ;)

come on get into the discussion! we need you!!!!!

:)

rhythmtech
07-06-2006, 01:52 AM
but im shy :blush:

MARKEG
07-06-2006, 01:56 AM
KOMA THANK YOU!!!!!

MARKEG
07-06-2006, 01:57 AM
and everyone else, this is the type of discussion we need to take this all forward. respect everyone..... :)

koma
07-06-2006, 02:01 AM

aint really m original idea, but i support it ;)
why not...

dirty_bass
07-06-2006, 02:02 AM
yeah much happier now i dropped the descriptiions... takes away the clutter that was pissing me off so much..

re: new ppl.. well i see new ppl posting here all the time, i've checked the stats and there's no less or more than there ever was, it's a steady flow. perhaps i could slightly do the reg's a little more often... that's something i'll hold my hands up to.. but honestly, if there's new ppl out there thinking i dare not post cause there's some 1/2 decent techno artiists on here, then i think that's plain daft. understandable, but daft :)

after all we're all just ppl ;)

come on get into the discussion! we need you!!!!!

:)

It`s not just new people, I`ve spoken to plenty of lurkers over the last month or so now.

I think just spending some time to welcome newbies would be cool though.

force
07-06-2006, 02:06 AM
BLOODY HELL!!!!! :shock:
We've got a Dungeon

koma
07-06-2006, 02:10 AM
guess its my fault...
didnt know mark will except those names right away :lol:

dirty_bass
07-06-2006, 02:12 AM
A dungeon.
Cool, now we just need a cross or two, some leather straps, maybe a gag.
Oh and nipple clamps.

Never forget the nipple calmps.

koma
07-06-2006, 02:22 AM
a think conflict, exos and casualty would be a regular visitors of the dungeon than.

me too :paranoid: :eyes:

fac
07-06-2006, 03:18 AM
The kevin saundersons, dustin zahns, mark eg`s, DSP`s, Dirty Bass`s, Disteks, grovskopa`s, marco baileys etc etc etc aren`t any more important than anyone else in this scene.omg, marco bailey is here????

I think just spending some time to welcome newbies would be cool though.thats a good idea. i know some other forums which have an extra subforum for new members' introductions (livesets for example).

sorry, was too fast posting this in the wrong forum --> http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=606426#60 6426

holotropik
07-06-2006, 08:47 AM
woah!!
change is sudden...
nice.

rhythmtech
07-06-2006, 11:46 AM

re registrations, surely you are making more work than needed by approving people, why not just auto approve?? there are enough mods around to spot unwanted people if thats why the system is in place. i told my mate to sign up but i think like masswanks boyfriend he'll just forget about it

i dont think this is a good idea.. one of the things that i love about BOA is that we dont get spammed at all really.. (besides si :lol: ). if you have an auto sign up then you're leaving yourself open to constant one time spam hits.. which cant be controlled by mods as the user-id is very rarely used again.

massplanck
07-06-2006, 08:44 PM
do you know what would be really nice.

Ler each person have their own personalised\dynamic menu\ list of forums. for instance i only ever use 2/3 of the forums here and it would be nice if when i logged in all i saw was those three. and as needs be i could add others to the list.

means users will only see what they want to see. prob a bitch to implement though.

MARKEG
08-06-2006, 12:19 AM
do you know what would be really nice.

Ler each person have their own personalised\dynamic menu\ list of forums. for instance i only ever use 2/3 of the forums here and it would be nice if when i logged in all i saw was those three. and as needs be i could add others to the list.

means users will only see what they want to see. prob a bitch to implement though.

wouldnt that be bloody brilliant. hmmmmmmmmm i must look into how to do this.. i wonder if we can work it into your profile so you just choose what you want annd then that's all that comes up..

SlavikSvensk
08-06-2006, 12:46 AM
it would also inhibit people from casually drifing over to a forum they've never posted in...

278d7e64a374de26f==