PDA

View Full Version : MPC 2000 for techno?

tekara
28-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Does anyone here use the MPC series for techno?

Ive been faced with a dillema for the past month and im still not sure how to do this, but iim finding it very counter-intuitive and totally uncreative in making 4/4 drums by drawing notes in the key editor.

I've been suggested that making drums for all kinds of music are awesome with the MPC 2000xl, but for almost a grand 2nd hand its quite expensive i was also suggested in getting something like Native Instruments Battery and one of those 16 pad midi controllers that replicate the feel of the MPC.

I can see why the MPC would be great for hiphop and stuff, but is there even a use for it when it comes to quantitized 4/4 dance stuff? Im sequencing in Sx3 and use mostly software stuff, but not sure how its possible to incorporate the mpc into the studio.

any suggestions?

force
28-05-2006, 05:57 PM
I've got one of those Akai pad controllers and they're pretty good.
Just make sure you've got low enough latency on ya soundcard

RDR
28-05-2006, 11:09 PM
MPC 2000xl, but for almost a grand 2nd hand

Err.. hows that? I picked one up for 500 fully loaded from one of the sugarbabes producers.

As for techno i've seen a couple of major artists use them in live sets. great bit of kit... load in a 909 kit and se how it sounds.. cracking.

Halide
28-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Why don't you just get NI's Battery and play the drums via keyboard or get something like the m-audio trigger finger. This will save you a few bucks unless you really want a hardware sampler.

machina
29-05-2006, 03:10 AM
I swear buy mpc's - have used them for years... played with an mpc60 when i was a little tacker, and have gone through 2000's, 2000xls and now use a mpc4000 as the main brain of my studio... i find that they are fantastic for those that have a like to 'play' rather than 'write', especially for those with a musical background - it's a much more intuitive and natural way of working for me than pointing and clicking on a screen...

machina

JohnnySideways
05-06-2006, 03:19 AM
iv been using mine for bout 6years now and id fully recommend it as a sequencer for building beats..so jammable and user friendly...its like playing an instrument...truly..
the downside is the fact that its pretty old n it cant hold nearly as many samples as a pc..also the filter is very basic but does have a cirtain crunchyness that cant be achieved by anything else IMO
second hand you shouldnt be looking at anything over £500
:)

278d7e64a374de26f==