PDA

View Full Version : Marco V Style percussion

Louk
10-09-2003, 04:40 PM
without any smart comments like "sampling marco v and eq out the kick"

How do I go about creating a marco v - tolerance/simulated style drum section.

Ie really tough with lots of noises in :) vague as that sounds.

Help

Louk

Paul Nisbet
20-09-2003, 10:15 AM
marco v percussion is the muts nuts imo, check revolt, acid pacemaker and his bootleg of clocks for this. wicked.

Chris Hare
06-10-2003, 12:30 AM
i would say for noisey techy percussion... using a nice bright reverb as a send behind some tight hats and hits... put the release on high so it creats a kind of fuzzy ghost effect behind the main sound of your percussion... that could work ... or delayed loops with really short hits... food for though

Louk
19-10-2003, 04:34 PM
good ideas mate trying them now should work thank you

Louk

Ed Mant
07-01-2004, 02:44 PM
write the percussion loop with the sounds u want and then addd a bit of delay onto certain sounds as well.

makes it more flowy and constant as opposed to seperate sounds.

DJ Corbzy
07-01-2004, 11:18 PM
I find sharp hitting hats and rims, delayed with a bit of panning, compressed to **** and eq'd towards hi-end does it for me....

alpha_unit
08-03-2005, 03:16 PM
i wudnt say marco v style perc has a lot of delay on it, from the title of loops n tings reloop suggest he works how ppl like calver do and resequence loops. the hard part is gettin them to fit in the spectrum and filling up the full range of sounds, make sure alkl your samples start rite too. also if u putting a fat verb behind it ur gonna make it fuzzzy and unclear, marco perc is tight as shit so if ur using a verb to fill things out keep it short as a big one wu dprolly clog up the freq's

as u sai dhe uses load sof sounds u have to make sure the eq is carved properly so it all fits togther.

so id suggest if using cubase, use an audio track which is aloop chop up bits and re sequence it, or if using fruityloops use rex files in the slicer.

Louk
08-03-2005, 06:10 PM
lol loops n tings is the name of a track he remixed by Jens :)

but thanks anyway

Louk

278d7e64a374de26f==