PDA

View Full Version : Who is your World Cup Outsiders then????

piginabush
28-05-2006, 07:42 PM
All Englishmen want England to win, but heart ruling head is not enough for me to have a tenner on, so apart from us who do you have a sneaky feeling for???

Me???

I think Italy could be the ones, though they would meet Brazil in the Semi-Finals and Only if both Italy and Brazil win their groups, with Italy having Ghana, USA and Czech Republic that may not be so possible but they definately have the quality and no-one seems to be talking much about them at the moment as possible winners :paranoid:

basslinejunkie
28-05-2006, 10:02 PM
i have a feeling italy will do well too and its about time spain done something,maybe this is the yr....

djfase
28-05-2006, 10:05 PM
The dutch and the germans for me.

Germany always perform in big tournaments and being at home they should do well

djfase
28-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Oh and i dont fancy any south americans as they only seem to win outside of europe.

Only have they won on euro soil. Sweden 58 i think the brazilians

Will
29-05-2006, 01:00 AM
I wouldn't be too surprised if Spain won it, they seem to be doing well sports wise and have some great players... I don't expect Italy to do all that well, Italian football's not up to much these days, Germany could do well... Brazil look really strong and I think England should do well!

I'm not a betting man, but I wouldn't bet on England or Arsenal because then it'd be a double disappointment if they lost.

french_og
29-05-2006, 08:27 AM
I think I would cry if Spain won it, anyone but them.

djfase
29-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Mate it would be a national holiday there :lol:

Esox Lucius
29-05-2006, 10:37 AM
argentina i have a feeling they could do it, or germany.

brazil obviously are a favourite.

french_og
29-05-2006, 11:03 AM
After Greece winning Euro 2004 it proves anyone on their day could do it.

My outside little wager would be Portugal, but would put my house on Brazil.

dj casualty
29-05-2006, 02:44 PM
gotta be brazil norrit,they'll piss it

Francisco Scaramanga
29-05-2006, 03:25 PM
I've been living in England for 10 years so I'll be fully supporting the home team, but as I'm from the states originally I'll also be pulling for the USA. I know alot of you may laugh, and I dont actually think we can win it, especially as we have a stupid tough group, but I definately think we can do better than expected. Last time around no one expected anything, and we beat portugal and mexico and then lost a dodgy game to the germans in the quarterfinals. And our team has improved alot since then. It'll be tough though, the Italians and the Czechs are imposing opposition, and I'm sure Ghana won't be pushovers. And whoever finishes 2nd in this group (our most likely result I fear) will no doubt have to play Brazil in the 2nd round. Still I'm well excited, we've got some quality young players who haven't played over here much, so could really cause some trouble (but could also fail spectacularly - fingers crossed).

nick_anarchy
30-05-2006, 05:42 PM
germans as allways , tho spain can sneak it if they play like they can

SlavikSvensk
31-05-2006, 12:21 AM
i can see the germans getting through with a lucky draw.

i always believe, naively, that my beloved SWEDEN will finally triumph...

SlavikSvensk
31-05-2006, 12:23 AM
I've been living in England for 10 years so I'll be fully supporting the home team, but as I'm from the states originally I'll also be pulling for the USA. I know alot of you may laugh, and I dont actually think we can win it, especially as we have a stupid tough group, but I definately think we can do better than expected. Last time around no one expected anything, and we beat portugal and mexico and then lost a dodgy game to the germans in the quarterfinals. And our team has improved alot since then. It'll be tough though, the Italians and the Czechs are imposing opposition, and I'm sure Ghana won't be pushovers. And whoever finishes 2nd in this group (our most likely result I fear) will no doubt have to play Brazil in the 2nd round. Still I'm well excited, we've got some quality young players who haven't played over here much, so could really cause some trouble (but could also fail spectacularly - fingers crossed).

hey i didn't know you were a yank! haha. i'm both yank and swede by citizenship, but fully swedish when it comes to football. ;) still, i hope the USA does well in order to promote the sport here. sadly though, the group looks absolutely killer...

Francisco Scaramanga
31-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Yup, a yank I am, one of not many who actually care how we do in the world cup. I've gotten plenty of shit for it over the years, especially after the 98 world cup (ugghh, that was bad) but as we made it as far as England did last time, I've been lording it up for the last four years, so if we crash out in spectacular fasion or something, I'm gonna get seriously abused I reckon. It is a really tough group, maybe even the toughest, I dont know, but I do reckon we can qualify for the second round.

Will
31-05-2006, 12:26 PM
I reckon USA will finish bottom of the group. ;)

SlavikSvensk
01-06-2006, 06:47 PM
i think it's definately the toughest group. if the US gets out of it, it will go far, but i'd probably pick italy and the czechs, though either ghana or the US could get in, especially if the czechs underachieve as they frequently do.

basslinejunkie
02-06-2006, 11:27 AM
if the usa do better than us i will jump of a cliff.

SlavikSvensk
02-06-2006, 09:35 PM
haha it's possible but not likely. if the groups were reversed, i'd say maybe...but as is i have a hard time seeing the US leaving the group stage. england should coast through their group, aside from when you lose to us ;)

gary_human
09-06-2006, 03:59 PM
ghana . . .

278d7e64a374de26f==