PDA

View Full Version : BoyConstrictor - Heimat

lau
28-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Sup....

New track I've been working on... Its kinda heavy and a bit slower...

Wasnt sure which mix I preferred... So I've posted two links....

The first has more bass to it the 2nd one less... Normally I would go for the first one.. but Im not sure if this would be a wise choise...
( advice greatly appreciated on this!!!!)

LINK 1 (www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/Heimat2Rendered.mp3)

LINK 2 (www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/Heimat3Rendered.mp3)

Cool.....

Let me know what you think!!!!

:rambo:

loopdon
28-05-2006, 09:06 PM
i am downloading and will tell you tomorrow which version i prefer!

loopdon
28-05-2006, 09:16 PM
no, i will tell you today. first of all: nice nice nice. i would possibly have liked a more bassy/round kick. arrangement side of things is nice! eerie/ dark and downright what i am into at the moment.

i think i prefer the first version (the bassier one) but i am unsure :)

i'd say that's a minor question though because the track is great and that'll be easy to change if wanted/needed.

i suggest you wait for other comments.

:)

Mindful
28-05-2006, 09:55 PM
grrrrrrrr
first one is fat as **** mate, awesome vibe and feeling.Edits are spot on and love the synth, very techno.
kin hell mate this is proper, one of your best for me.
Second mix hmmm, sounds much tighter I think but I feel the mix on the first realy suits the track(not just because I prefer a heavyer bass because Im easy either way)
Personaly the first one, the carecter of the mix suits the carecter of the music.
SHIT HOT as I say one of my faves you have done.

lau
29-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Kool!!!

So you both would go for version one....

Hmmzz thats exactly the problem I have... I know it sounds phatter on my monitors..... But is it wise if a tune ever gets pressed to boost the bass like that....???

Im not really sure about it...........

Thanx for the comments tho!!!!

loopdon
29-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Kool!!!

So you both would go for version one....

Hmmzz thats exactly the problem I have... I know it sounds phatter on my monitors..... But is it wise if a tune ever gets pressed to boost the bass like that....???

Im not really sure about it...........

Thanx for the comments tho!!!!

I'd advice you to take some reference tracks from a vinyl that sounds gooood and use sth. like voxengo's curveeq, or har-bal or aams (automatic audio mastering system) or a normal eq and compare the bass. So you can make sure they are similar. In addition to that make sure the bass is mono under a certain hz value (300hz or so) that should make it safe (prolly no news to you). free basslane vst comes in handy....

lau
29-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Didnt know about the mono thing under 300hz.. so Ill try it out..... tnx for that one!!!

I have loads of those spectrum analisers... but I want to know how to do it with my own ears too... lol

I do use other tracks as reference but Im not really sure if comparing to pressed vinyll is any good.. I think pressing a record on vinyll also boost the bass...... So it would be better to compare with the unpressed track.. ( lol where to get those... haha might send an email to some producers asking for their raw files... :eh: )

aw I think its mostly just an experience thing...... Maybe I should just try to get more out on vinyll so I can compare my own stuff... (or see if I can get a gig somewhere so I can test em myself..:cheese: )

tnx anyways man..!!! very muchos apreciatos.... !!

:rambo:

Rog
29-05-2006, 05:50 PM
good fat techno, good bass dude!

BloodStar
31-05-2006, 06:53 PM
just listening the link2. killa, this one. i like that massive kickin, after first little break. banginn....

i like all those little lead hits. works well, think.
production part of thing is good, but mids are overpowering the rest at some parts, i think.maybe just my feels :)

well done,m8.

278d7e64a374de26f==