PDA

View Full Version : Help me out Guys.....

piginabush
30-05-2006, 12:20 AM
As far as I can see, being a successful DJ is all about widening your horizons and being comfortable with different genres and styles. Well, this is where I need your help..... some may know me as a Hardstyle DJ, but I feel that I am now ready to tackle a totally new and different genre along with my Hardstyle. Maybe this is me "growing up" (Im 31 next birthday) but I feel that Techno is the way I would like to turn. Driving Techno, SUF RAW Type releases are the way I would like to go, and also a little Schranz towards the end of my sets would go down well too.

This is where I need your help..... I have done a little searching (this board has been helpful) but I need recommendations..... not Tune recommendations really but labels/producers and Online record stores where I can listen to some more material before I take the plunge and buy some vinyl. Any online links for sets, or where I might find them would also be appreciated :cheese:

cheers in advance guys :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

dan the acid man
30-05-2006, 12:33 AM
for online stores, try www.kinetec.co.uk and www.juno.co.uk

as for labels, if you're fancying the suf and raw stuff, with schranz too, then check out hydraulix, apex, cluster, powertools, emetic, blackout audio, bionic orange, infected glitch, 4x4, combat skill, skull tunes, squat, kick the drum, getafix

abloke
30-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Good boy!!! I have heard one of your hardstyle mixes before, your a good DJ. I have only got a couple of records of Techno, I blame my Degree taking up all my time. And I have only been into techno since comming to Wales.

Cornwall lacks a decent techno night (unless someone can proove me otherwise, and as it stands). I am not fully sure about Plymouth and Devon as a whole. I few of my firends who Dj in Aberystwyth have turned to Techno as a way foward.

piginabush
30-05-2006, 11:28 PM
for online stores, try www.kinetec.co.uk and www.juno.co.uk

as for labels, if you're fancying the suf and raw stuff, with schranz too, then check out hydraulix, apex, cluster, powertools, emetic, blackout audio, bionic orange, infected glitch, 4x4, combat skill, skull tunes, squat, kick the drum, getafix

cheers fella, will check them out :cheese:

piginabush
30-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Good boy!!! I have heard one of your hardstyle mixes before, your a good DJ. I have only got a couple of records of Techno, I blame my Degree taking up all my time. And I have only been into techno since comming to Wales.

Cornwall lacks a decent techno night (unless someone can proove me otherwise, and as it stands). I am not fully sure about Plymouth and Devon as a whole. I few of my firends who Dj in Aberystwyth have turned to Techno as a way foward.

Thanks mate, there are a few in Plymouth just need to know where to look ;)

Little_Fella!
30-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Another couple of labels which will enhance ur progression into techno, and provide a tougher more challenging sound are:

de Complex Audio, Construct Rythm and of course Pounding Grooves

Make sure u check out the back catalogues coz there are some timeless gems that I am sure u wouldn't want to miss ;)

piginabush
30-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Another couple of labels which will enhance ur progression into techno, and provide a tougher more challenging sound are:

de Complex Audio, Construct Rythm and of course Pounding Grooves

Make sure u check out the back catalogues coz there are some timeless gems that I am sure u wouldn't want to miss ;)

cheers mate, will do ;)

MARK NEENAN
31-05-2006, 06:34 PM
**** the hardstyle, techno's the way. Good choice geoff!

278d7e64a374de26f==