PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still going to Lost nights?

Jay Pace
30-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Anyone go to the last one?

Surgeon & Ruskin rocked it, but I'm struggling with Lost these days. Really strong lineup, curiously wasted. Oliver Ho and Paul Mac played warm up sets to an empty room. Had run out of energy by the time mills came on at 4.30, and he did little to pick it up.

Bah.

Lost used to be the most exciting night in London. Seems to be stuck in a rut, tethered to SE1 and Jeff Mills.

dtl
30-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Was looking forward to see Olvier Ho, only to find he already played when I got there.

Sleepachive nearly sent me to sleep. I thought Jeff Mill was good between 6-7am, did a nice 909 session, flawless mixing and bought in some classics.

Surgeon was solid as usual but found Ruskin's a bit too over the place.

Good party overall and was please to see there were loads of people left on the floor at 7am.

Traxx
30-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Aye we went, thought it was a corker. Only problem I had with it really was putting sleeparchive on at the time that they did. I thought I wouldn’t like him from the sets i heard but it was ok just totally the wrong time to be on, atmosphere & tempo died when he came on. If there had been somewhere else to go room wise other then the shitty disco room which was freezing & full of messed up people I reckon it would well emptied out. Had no energy left at all by the time mills came on which was a shame, bit more of a measured set from him i thought as well. Toss up between Ruskin & Surgeon or the 65d's for set of the night. probably go with the mavericks, proper banged it out. Liked the club as well, great venue. Well worth £16 for that line up.

fac
30-05-2006, 08:00 PM
man, i wish we'd have killer line ups like this here...

eyeswithoutaface
30-05-2006, 08:14 PM
as glum as it seems we do have it good over here compared to alot of people

ive heard nothing but good reports from Lost, i was at Voodoo watching Joey Beltram play an extremely hard and classic set, it truely was ****ing brilliant, one of the best set's ive seen in a long time and i must say from the stories i'd heard about Beltram i really wasnt expecting much, but i was more than pleasantly suprised

fac
30-05-2006, 08:32 PM
watching Joey Beltram play an extremely hard and classic set, it truely was **** brilliantcool, he is here on wednesday. last times i saw him (hes here quite often) he played mostly this disco shit. the only classic in his set was "the start it up". im really lookin forward to this.

eyeswithoutaface
30-05-2006, 09:02 PM
well he may vary it a little over in europe, i dunno, but at Voodoo it was certainly pretty fierce and he was pulling classics out here and there for the whole set, only track i didnt get to hear that i really wanted to hear was "Believer", but it wouldnt of really suited the pace he was playing at

"Ballpark" never sounded so sweet, truely a great night

SlavikSvensk
30-05-2006, 11:54 PM
does "last one i went to was in 1999" could as "still?" ;)

they were great back then though...

SlavikSvensk
30-05-2006, 11:55 PM
that should read "count as still"

Jay Pace
31-05-2006, 01:24 PM
I'd love to see Beltram.

Lost is great, just seems to be treading water a bit lately.

I miss the days when it was nomadic, and you never knew wherebouts it was going to end up.
Like a cross between a very organised free party and a club.

They used to use a warehouse in east india docks that overlooked the millenium dome, had some of the most formative techno experiences back there.

Split gets even better lineups these days though:
Ruskin, Rachmad, Rolando, Sims & Finke.

Rudeness

Traxx
31-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Id like to go to that but im skinto after lost.

Frank Dogshit
31-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Split is definetely the biggie at the moment!

Lineups are unreal and I really liked the Key when i was down there,great venue.

dirty_bass
31-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Lost used to be great, especially down at the mermaid theatre.
But I dunno, it just seems to be a night of warmup for the inevitable few hours of mills.
The soundsystem has been sketchy on many occasions and the lights are genrally pretty poor too.
Although the last few line ups do seem to be getting a little more interesting, I just have given up going now.

I do like split, but not sure about the venue.

There are fewer venues in london however, that will hold techno events now, so really, beggars can`t be choosers.

V..
01-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Split is definetely the biggie at the moment!

Lineups are unreal and I really liked the Key when i was down there,great venue.

Agreed in that Split are definitely doing a better job of it, much more appealing.
At least I got a T-shirt as well to show for my around 15 sovs price tag!

Comparing it with last years carry on at The Rockett down Holloway Road I might add. Can't comment on the last one as I was put off to be honest, the security didn't help matters mind.

278d7e64a374de26f==