PDA

View Full Version : The Weeks New Releases...

Si the Sigh
01-06-2006, 08:51 AM
If i'm honest, I am already not liking the sticky at the top of this forum for the new releases. I feel that with it being pretty much a folder for the new releases your going to have to go through loads of posts to listen to stuff and comments are going to fill it up quickly, and I can see it becoming a mess.

At least with posting releases within the forum you can see the record details in the thread title and if you want to listen and comment you can. If you don't want to, you ignore it.

What do you think about having this sticky thread for releases?

rhythmtech
01-06-2006, 11:38 AM
exactly what i said originally.. if i cant get on here for a few days i really dont wanna go trawling through page after page of releases. also it gets very mesyy replying to releases as there could be another5/6 posted b4 you reply.

i still think a sub forum would be a good idea. there are a lot of new releases posted with samples and it would be so much nicer to just see the names in front of us.

MARKEG
01-06-2006, 07:44 PM
the problem i thnk we have is that with all the new releases threads, it's hard to quickly see what are the important discussions. i also see that having a sticky for releases is pretty rubbish and a very short-term solution. i don't know who has noticed and who hasnt but i've been working on the main site recently, made a blog section and also photogallery for all members. imagine if we had a section for new releases, where ppl could post links to the new stuff they like and get ppl making comments. just like the forum, but not 'in' the forum if you get me. i think i could make like extra featurs like things that would enable you to sort the releases into date posted, or artist.. i'l see....

i think we still have a long way to go to make the main site more integrated with the forums but i have some solutions annd i will be working on them in the next few weeks :) then if we had a section like this, i really would be useful and keep this place more focused on debates.

koma
01-06-2006, 07:52 PM
just leave the upper techno forum for debates
releases can go just fine in other techno forums, depends where they belong
maybe some of those forums should be extended i.e. for funkier, clubby techno, so that the whole spectrum of techno is covered

but I see Mark also has some ideas, lets see what he'll make out of it :)

dirty_bass
01-06-2006, 08:37 PM
I think it`s fine, just gotta keep on top of it.
Clean it out every fortnight.
Otherwise the main forum just fills up with the list of Juno`s and Banging tunes latest releases.
Mainly cos Sy is a cheesmeister :razz: :razz: :clown: :lol:

xfive
01-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Yeah keep them in a sticky.
I think we are all fully capable of going to juno or whatever and seeing the latest releases.
We don't need a thread for each one.

Especially since 99% of them are gash

Whoops did I say that out loud ? :bonk:

eyeswithoutaface
01-06-2006, 09:02 PM
i think we need a whole new forum for every single topic that is posted on these boards

that would solve everything surely

dan the acid man
01-06-2006, 09:32 PM
i think we need a whole new forum for every single topic that is posted on these boards

that would solve everything surely

you can have your own section too scott :lol:

acidpisar
02-06-2006, 12:01 PM
i think that threads about new releases here are good idea.it's nice to check some new releases during checking new topics...

it is more usefull if someone is coming on BOA forum from time to time and don't have loads of time to check all the forums.

but if you really need to change something then new forum for it would be better than sticky here.
but then i think not everyone will have enough time to read another formu...it's so many now...

SlavikSvensk
02-06-2006, 06:59 PM
i like it: keeps the forum uncluttered.

but maybe Mark, if you are restructuring the forum, you could change one of the underused forums into a "new releases forum?"

278d7e64a374de26f==