PDA

View Full Version : start from scratch

acid-project
11-09-2003, 10:50 AM
need to re-buy a set up, as cash converters got the better of me a few months ago, when things got bad. ideas please ! budget as follows,

dex £750
mixer £250
headphones £80
active speakers £150

previous gear includes,
a set of 1210s and 1200s mk2s,
a gemini 626 and a numark 1001 ex mixer,
and shennisser headphones around the £50-£90 mark.

didnt like the gemini mixer because the headphone socket got in the way,
hated the numark mixer cause the eqs and gain pots didnt go all the way down, and the fader had blank spots.
headphones usually take the force of any tantrums.

dex- technics sl1210 mk5
mixer- numark matrix 3, ( as the eqs supposedly go all the way ).
headphones- shenisser hd280djs
active speakers- numark m40

cascade
11-09-2003, 11:09 AM
Right firstly as some may know i use vestax,
i aint gonna blabber on about thoose cause i recokon you buy technics 1210's, either mk5 or mk2,

nothing else will even come close,
at the end of the day a deck a deck,

ok new technology is being added to them everyday, but that technology will be outdated very soon buy something new.

technics 1210's dont age, dont get damaged and are without doubt the industry stanards.

mixer wize i would definatly go for a vestax.

maybe a PMC-150, PMC-175, OR EVEN PMC-275.
(cant remeber the prices but they arnt far from £250 mark.)

they really do suit trance djs as far as the eq, sedna nd returns are concerned.

as for phones well all i can stay is stay away from sony's, forget the rave reviews the pivots dont stay in postion. They just dont syat to your head, period.
try technics head phones, RPF-550 is what ive got and im on my second pair, only about £40 and they are excellent in all areas.

speakers, your right on with the numarks, very good speakers but dont expect to break windows with em.
there is a new set just come out which are numarks nut a model up from the m-40, i think they are m-100 or summart but they look alot more powerful than the others but they are £200, but they are worth the exctra quids.

and thats about it really,

go for industry standards, dont bother with new technology, it will fade!!!!

(then again you dont have to listen to me either, but i do try :roll: )

cas2 the cade 8)

278d7e64a374de26f==