PDA

View Full Version : BoyConstrictor - Danger Squad Frisbee

lau
02-06-2006, 03:10 PM
This weeks work... :cheese:

Its a bit minimal... Think Ill add some pads for some ambience......

Just want to know if you like the global idea.... should I leave that filtered bassline in or get rid of it...???

Aw and one problem I have with this track is that it sounds like shit on my reference system... ( my car radio :lol: ) maybe my crappy stereo cant handle the bass.... or its really fukked...
( I mean the track.. lol )

kool thats about it...

LINK (www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/DangerSquadFrisbee.mp3)

:rambo:

stjohn
02-06-2006, 09:18 PM
liking the sounds.... one thing that pops into my head straight is those leads weh sounds could use more swing in them, theyre too programmed. maybe some delay work on them or somthing along those lines...

just kicked in there and tis a nice beat, dubsteppy.
i like it. the beat is fat and the groove is dark.

nice1

Mindful
03-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Good man, I like this
Love the pace and feel of the groove, sounds nice. Sub sounds good this end, nice and warm.
I like the filterd bass myself, think it should stay.
Add some more stuff and alls good bruv

loopdon
04-06-2006, 07:28 PM
like the filtered bass. nice track!! very good production - allthough i sometimes wonder about the amount of verb :cheese:

really good one, mate!

lau
04-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Tnx dudes & dudettes....

Will see if I can get it a little less minimal.... and give that lead sound a bit more swing....

loopdon:

You think the verb is too much? I never really know how much verb to add... I know the verb on some of the hats is a bit much.. but thats mainly to open up the track a bit when those highs are in...... Didnt put any over the kicks and bass I think,.... will have a closer look at that...

loopdon
04-06-2006, 08:41 PM
no not to much really lau, because your productions are always hella fat!!!! i am at times amazed at how you manage to get so much verb into a mix without making a mess of it and still keeping the mixes fat :) :) so i didn't want to criticize you, mate, sorry if that came over rude... you deffo know what you are doing :techno:

..it's all good

lau
05-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Lol no offence taken...

I just wastnt sure myself..... I only used really high verb... (eq-ed all the low out of it...) So it gives a really spacey effect....

:)

BRADLEE
05-06-2006, 09:03 PM
I like it Lau. Really fat mixdown and nice all over feel in my humble opinion.

lau
06-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Cheers dude!!!

Good to hear you like my little bit slower work too!!!

dirty_bass
07-06-2006, 09:07 PM
like this a lot
overall the mix lacks a little punch for some reason.
It`s probably the verb in the mix, pushing things a little too far back.

Other than that, I love it, interesting stuff.

lau
07-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Checked this one on a proper pair of monitors today......

Think theres too much bass/verb which kind of pulls everything back.....

Will do an other mix of this and repost tomorrow..!!

lau
08-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Did a new mix.... it kind of created more space so I'll have to stick some new sounds in there too.....

LINK (www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/dangersquadfrisbeefreshandimproved.mp3)

holotropik
09-06-2006, 01:41 PM
i listened to both versions
i prefer the first one (i realise thats the worst thing i could say)
but
it seemed warmer

i agree that the main sound (sort of claxton horn sound?)
is too monotonous for something so prominant
needs some variation
and maybe not be there all the time....or somethin'

kick/sub stuff is ok in the first one
not as warm and full in the second.

hope this helps some?
top work
and individual.

lau
09-06-2006, 02:17 PM
kool dude!!! Thats feedback I can use.....

Im pretty sure the first mix isnt right... so I guess the second one isnt either.. hahah

Listened to the first mix on a pair of genelecs and it didnt sound right....

Will fix the mix again and work on the main sound.....

holotropik
09-06-2006, 02:29 PM
yeah
its always tricky when you get into mastering
and fine tuning
can go around in circles...hehehe

bottom line is
you will get it sorted and when you do
your music is already there
and will work a floor nicely ;)

BloodStar
13-06-2006, 03:44 PM
interesting track.listening to 2nd version. i like the slow buildup in the begining;. which comes in after 1st break are sweet. i am not too much into that lead sound, it is too much in the front for my likings,; personally; i would add more reverb on it o put it little more back in the mix. production part of thing sounds good, but maybe sounds bad. i am on theadphones :) cheers...

dirty_bass
13-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Second version is nicely done now.
Seems to lack a little bit of sparkle or excitement in the mix, but this can be sorted with some nice mastering.

On second listen, I think the kick could still have more meat.
I dunno, the tune feels a little subdued, I mean, I think it`s supposed to, but it`s a minimal tune, and I think the beat needs to be a little more in your face.

lau
13-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I already found out what the problem was......

For some weird reason I had a rverb with loads of low feedback over my master... ( something I never do......)...

i fixed that problem but I fuked up the main synth now ..hahaha so it will take some time to get it all sorted ...

278d7e64a374de26f==