PDA

View Full Version : I have had an idea for the new releases!

MARKEG
06-06-2006, 02:58 PM
If you click on the link button at the top, you will see we have categorys for styles and within those categories are sections for forums, labels etc etc. now if we has a category saying 'new releases', you guys could easily add your fave releases..

the great thing about this is you can comment and rate the links.. this means that other members can search the most popular or best rated tracks dead easy..

what do you think?

wouldn't this solve the problem we were talking of earlier??

;)

rhythmtech
06-06-2006, 03:10 PM
spot on mark!.. will check it in a bit.

koma
06-06-2006, 03:17 PM
dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I believe people prefer to comment and discuss stuff on forums

they are even too lazy to check all BOA forums, can you imagine them clicking like 5 times until they get to that "new releases" section"?

Si the Sigh
06-06-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm with Koma on this one.

MARKEG
06-06-2006, 03:34 PM
well then if i put new releases as the first category? then ya click the genre? that's only 2 clicks ya lazy BASTARTDOS!!!!! :lol:

nah only messin, i see the point but what you get with the links section is a chance for rating, which you don't get in forums.

i mean on one hand everyone wants less forums and healthy discussion, but then if you put the new releases in one forum, you get some pople going 'wayy=heyyyyy' and others going 'i don't like schranz' and then before you know it, the forum is essentially a record shop crossed with a boxing arena with the small guys given the shitty back row seats.

ahhhhhhhhhhhrrrghhh help me!!!

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

MARKEG
06-06-2006, 03:35 PM
god there's no pleasing some people hahahah

MARKEG
06-06-2006, 03:37 PM
no, i think you're right..

if we have a system for new releases OUT of the forum, it has to be a one click shop, dead easy to see what's happpening and dead easy to comment.

i mean really, you CAN do this with the link thing but essentially it's 2 or 3 too many clicks for those who prefer to wank rather than click.

:lol:

rhythmtech
06-06-2006, 03:38 PM
y not use that idea but add a single click link at the top of each forum. ie a "techno new releases" link at the top of the techno forum. trance in the trance forum and so on?

MARKEG
06-06-2006, 03:41 PM
y not use that idea but add a single click link at the top of each forum. ie a "techno new releases" link at the top of the techno forum. trance in the trance forum and so on?

oooooooo ya slut.. i love it!!!!

that would be great. click the button on the top of the techno forum that says 'new releases' which goes to that page!!!!!

yeah i like it.... what d'yall think!!!??

Si the Sigh
06-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Why the need to fanny about? Techno talk in the techno forum. Releases, artists, whatever. "If it's not broken" and all that as the old saying goes...

Si the Sigh
06-06-2006, 03:45 PM
The BOA techno forum, I quote:
A melting pot for techno discussion etc...

MARKEG
06-06-2006, 03:54 PM
but it WAS broken imho!!!! all we were seeing was just a mass of links to releases.... if i want to do that i can go through internet record shops!!!!!

i just thought it would be so much neater and better to keep the releases slightly seperate from the discussion....

????

Si the Sigh
06-06-2006, 04:06 PM
rack on and change it then! :lol: It's your board man... :toast:

Si the Sigh
*Crack

koma
yes, the upper "main" techno should be for discussions only.
mods should move all releases talk in appropriate genre forums and keep the place clean.
borders of current forums should be streched in order to cover all aspects of techno through 4-5 forums.

Si the Sigh
06-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Tell you what, give us a ****ing edit button whilst your at it. :cheese:

rhythmtech
06-06-2006, 04:28 PM
i think its a good idea.. i know you were all about cutting back and tidying up but that shouldnt be done at the expense of usability. there needs to be thought put into whats needed and whats not needed and in my opinion we definitly need a seperate section for new releases because, as you rightly said mark, there were links everywhere.

plus as much as we like to talk about our music (techno, trance or whatever) the only reason we're here is because it exists so i think it deserves a dedicated section.

The Overfiend
06-06-2006, 05:05 PM
I think we need a schranz forum.............

fac
06-06-2006, 07:21 PM
we need an eurodance forum too

massplanck
06-06-2006, 09:00 PM
I think we need a schranz forum.............

:lol: :clap:

SlavikSvensk
06-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Tell you what, give us a **** edit button whilst your at it. :cheese:

i see your point, but then everyone would be editing their posts and arguments would be totally ghey

Traxx
06-06-2006, 09:45 PM
So because 'arguments would be ghey' we cant have a edit button?

Less arguing more edit button(s) :bonk:

fac
06-06-2006, 09:48 PM
every forum (i'm in) has an edit button. so what would be wrong with having one here too?

SlavikSvensk
06-06-2006, 10:05 PM
nah, what i'm saying is that the reason BOA doesn't have one is so people have to stand by what they've written. you make an ass out of yourself, you deal with it. i used to be in favor of having edit buttons, but i've been won over to mark's way...there's a preview button, after all ;)

Traxx
06-06-2006, 10:20 PM
But even if someone does say somethin its not gonna go unnoticed if they go back & change it + it doesn’t make them look any less of an arse, does it?

Besides i use a few boards with edit buttons & i don’t see any of that going on.

MARKEG
07-06-2006, 12:26 AM
i saw it the first few times i ever used msg boards and ppl got out of arguments, made themselves look good... and it's sort of stuck with me.. call it bad experience.. i'm really sorry!!!

honestly, please make a new topic about it if you want and we can talk again for the 6000000000000th time hahaha :lol:

can we get back on the topic though? ;)

how are we gonna do this new release thing? i thnk a button on the top of the forum saying 'new releases' would be wicked. this would link to the links page for 'techno releases' or whatever forum you were on.... i think this is a great idea.. ppl could comment on the link and also rate it.. then you could sort like the most popular releases....

surely you think this is cool???

:cool:

rhythmtech
07-06-2006, 02:03 AM
yup.. i stand by my idea.. i really cant see a better way of keeping it tidy..

dan the acid man
07-06-2006, 09:21 AM
So because 'arguments would be ghey' we cant have a edit button?

Less arguing more edit button(s) :bonk:

i still see it going on alot, on one forum particularly, im always seeing people replying that such and such has altered their post to make me look stupid and so on.

i like it in here with no edit button

edit: :lol: :lol: i quoted the wrong message :lol: :lol:

holotropik
07-06-2006, 12:10 PM
On the OZ techno forums section we have a sticky at the top called "Track of the day", its been going for years now and is updated daily by various peeps. I subscribe to it and get track preview/links delivered daily. Fantastic!!

I also post up tracks I like at the time too. Works a treat and is easy to check up on (one click from the main techno forum)...too easy!!

MARKEG
07-06-2006, 12:12 PM
On the OZ techno forums section we have a sticky at the top called "Track of the day", its been going for years now and is updated daily by various peeps. I subscribe to it and get track preview/links delivered daily. Fantastic!!

I also post up tracks I like at the time too. Works a treat and is easy to check up on (one click from the main techno forum)...too easy!!

have ya got a link to this so we can check it out??

holotropik
07-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Fark!! things move fast around here...eh?
I see you got a sticky at the top of the forum for new releases...

...doh!!

holotropik
07-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Hang on...

Our Techno forums:
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=35

and
Our track of the day thread:
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=126060

:)

holotropik
07-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Well....its just over a year old :)
thats a long time in techno land....hehehe.

278d7e64a374de26f==