PDA

View Full Version : Reaktor 4 problems

Dustin Zahn
11-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Hey, I've got a couple problems with Reaktor 4. First off, it shuts off on a consistant basis, and I have to restart the audio processing. I've set it to 99% of my computing power for it to shut off...I'd like it to just not shut off at all if possible. What a damn resource hog. This computer is practically new and it runs pretty badly on here.

Also, I have a problem with synths starting out of tune, or even sounding totally different in Reaktor when I stop and press play sometimes.

Are these bugs, does my sequencer suck, am I doing something wrong, or is it all of the above? Any help is appreciated. Reaktor is a great tool, I'd like to use it more.

miromiric.
11-09-2003, 11:11 PM
its very processor hungry. i do not use more then one synth at the time.
how many reaktors do u have opened?

and update to 4.03!

Dustin Zahn
12-09-2003, 01:13 AM
2 synths usually.

DJZeMig_L
12-09-2003, 01:50 AM
U can play around with the asio settings, try a higher sampling rate, disk buffers etc...
make yerself a rule .. don't go over 90%... if u get close render 2 wave..

Hope this helpz.

Z

professor
12-09-2003, 02:50 PM
I have real problems with Reaktor4 also.

I use it with Logic6.2 and it really sucks power. I agree that Reaktor is an awesome tool but it is really unreliable.

for example: I find that if I sequence a fairly complex synth line that reaktor may only play some of the notes...and then other times play all of them...some times it plays out of tune...

This is a real problem, and has kept me from using Reaktor as much as I would like. Plus, the damn program was fairly expensive for how buggy and unfriendly it is.

Basil Rush
12-09-2003, 03:47 PM
It does make fantastic noises though ... reduce your polyphony settings / disable unneeded modules for more go and then bounce the part down to audio. Also wasn't their a recent bug fix for reducing the CPU load ... might have been a Mac thing tho can't remember...

278d7e64a374de26f==