PDA

View Full Version : DEMF?

MARKEG
07-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I just thought - wasnt it the DEMF last weekend. Did anyone go? What was it like????!!!

knockout
07-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Nitzer Ebb rocked it!!!!

koma
07-06-2006, 02:08 PM
here's a report in metrotimes
http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=9278

Patrick DSP
07-06-2006, 06:17 PM
i really enjoyed function and regis, le petit orb (the orb), and nitzer ebb. i thought they stole the show. but i missed most of the day acts cause that heat was just unreal!!

fac
07-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Nitzer Ebb rocked it!!!!i really hope they will come to berlin.

any reports of the substance party?

Traxx
08-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Got the sims & broom sets from that party.

Dustin Zahn
08-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Pros:
-Mpls party
-Beatport tent
-the bass during collabs and hawtin
-our sick hotel room
-good friends and good times
-Those slushies. Daaamn.
-Lots of good sets.

Cons:
-Too many afterparties, all with the same people playing each day at them. At this rate, the afterparties will become a thing of the past if it keeps up. Whatever happened to having exclusive acts?
-Days Inn hotel. Our first hotel...the absolute worst hotel on the face of the planet. Literally.
-Underground stage. It's like Paxahau took the heart of the festival and ripped it right out, only to replace it with a cardboard box.
-The low volumes at the beatport tent
-Carl Craig playing too early under a sun too hot.
-Missing Mathew Jonson. My favorite Live pa of the moment...though I heard this was a lackluster performance from him.
-Missing some other acts I really wanted to see.
-lack of production: Paxahau did a great job, but they dropped the ball on sound...one thing I thought I could rely on them for. The other problem is they didn't put much into the production/decor of the party. The underground stage had a subpar soundsystem and that it's. The visual screen on the mainstage was the only visual stimulation.
-Not being able to setup and prepare my gear properly for my live pa.
-cab fares

djshiva
09-06-2006, 11:08 AM
had a great time, but mostly cuz i hung out at my friends' house with their new baby. we had a barbeque. that was nice.

fest positives:
brian kage's blazing good set on saturday night.
nitzer ebb
bryan zentz at the shift afterparty
favorite set all weekend: meil landstrumm at shift...WOW! wrecked me...

negatives:
hot
collabs bored me to tears. solid as hell, and some good tunes, but same BPM the whole time and extremely linear. *yawn*
rob hood really didn't do much for me either, and i have heard that guy rip shit up.
the water situation. when temps are dangerously high, not allowing water to be brought in in the interests of making a profit off $3 water is unconscionable. thank goddess i have perfected the art of sneaking water in. read that again and recognize how ****ed up it is that i have to sneak WATER into an event. ****ed up times, i tell ya...

all in all i had a good time, but that's mostly because i didn't overextend myself all weekend. i made up my mind to get sleep, not try and hit 5 parties a night, and not to trip out if i missed an act because i would rather chill in the A/C with my friends than brave the blazing sun.

djshiva
09-06-2006, 11:08 AM
ahem. that was supposed to read "neil landstrumm".

bblaze
27-06-2006, 09:00 PM
ya.. that neil landstrum set at that afterparty the first night was FRESH! also, big ups to tony rohr, and prototype 909 that night!

Overall i had a blast at the festival.. Saw some good acts, Rob Acid, Collabs, Saunderson, etc..

DAMN IT WAS HOT! gahhh..

g
30-06-2006, 11:10 PM
dustin - where did you end up staying?

Dustin Zahn
01-07-2006, 11:17 AM
The Antheium (I think thats what it was) in Greektown. The only hotel I'll stay at in detroit now.

278d7e64a374de26f==