PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee NT7 (Downfall of Society)

BRADLEE
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Steve Convinced me I should still post my works here. So here I am. Another piece to my noiser collection. Hope some will enjoy it.

http://iluvtekno.com/Prometheus.jpg

http://iluvtekno.com/BRADLEE_nt7_Downfall_of_society.mp3

lau
08-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Hardcore stuff again dude!!!!

liking the offbeat breakdown.... The synts in the background carry the track nicely.....

Think the mix could do with a bit more punch.... As always there's loads of hi to it maybe just a bit to much....

nice track!!!

:rambo:

BRADLEE
08-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Hardcore stuff again dude!!!!

liking the offbeat breakdown.... The synts in the background carry the track nicely.....

Think the mix could do with a bit more punch.... As always there's loads of hi to it maybe just a bit to much....

nice track!!!

:rambo:

Glad you like the track homie. As for the mixdown. I aint ****ing with it anymore homie. If I continue to mess with it I will destroy the track.

Thanks for listening homie. :eyes:

loopdon
08-06-2006, 09:50 PM
i told you i like it very much! the rides are less harsh now, but i still think you could pull the highs down a little...like lau said. but i understand/respect the decision to leave it as it is.. i think mastering for vinyl will make it sound different anyway esp regarding the highs - and it deffo is worth pressing :cheese:

BRADLEE
08-06-2006, 10:52 PM
i told you i like it very much! the rides are less harsh now, but i still think you could pull the highs down a little...like lau said. but i understand/respect the decision to leave it as it is.. i think mastering for vinyl will make it sound different anyway esp regarding the highs - and it deffo is worth pressing :cheese:

Yes I am sure both fo you are correct. I'm still getting used to the new KRK's I got a couple months back. I think when I'm fully in tune with them then my mixdowns will be more spotless.

But yeah I think that when it gets pressed it will be remedied.

loopdon
09-06-2006, 12:11 AM
true... i often find it helpful to put on a pressed vinyl/commercial cd as a reference to see how much highs (bass/mids) are needed. it kinda helps to ground ones ears from time to time whilst mixing, i think. because ears get used/adapt to a certain sound very quickly and one is lured into putting on more highs etc... or overdo harmonic exciting...

+ i guess in comparison to mixing engineers we don't have specially treated rooms, either... :( :)

/rant off

BRADLEE
09-06-2006, 12:17 AM
+ i guess in comparison to mixing engineers we don't have specially treated rooms, either...

Don't I wish...

loopdon
09-06-2006, 01:49 AM
there is some d.i.y stuff you can do - i don't have to deep a knowledge but i could give some tips perhaps or send you some links :)

dirty_bass
09-06-2006, 05:02 AM
Yeah, we spoke on this already dude, nice track.
Needs just a little more spit and polish to sound more pro. A little more warmth on the samples, more balance in the high ends, which are a little harsh.

Nice stuff.

holotropik
09-06-2006, 01:14 PM
narsty!!
I like it :)

Funny, I felt that pressing to vinyl would cure
the high end freqs too
before I read that others also felt the same way.

I concur with what others have said.

holotropik
09-06-2006, 01:16 PM
yeah
at the end of the track when the high end freqs dropped away
she was crankin' mucho.

dirty_bass
09-06-2006, 03:18 PM
No, if you are relying on the vinyl stage to fix anything, then you aren`t doing you job properly.
In fact generally, I don`t think you should ever at the end of a production session, be in the frame of mind where you know something is wrong, but leave it for someone else to fix.
Only minor adjustments can be made at the pressing stage, and too much top end will cause distortion at the needle.

audioinjection
09-06-2006, 04:16 PM
damn dude, your tracks keep getting better and better!

nice one brad

BRADLEE
09-06-2006, 06:16 PM
No, if you are relying on the vinyl stage to fix anything, then you aren`t doing you job properly.
In fact generally, I don`t think you should ever at the end of a production session, be in the frame of mind where you know something is wrong, but leave it for someone else to fix.
Only minor adjustments can be made at the pressing stage, and too much top end will cause distortion at the needle.

I'll see what I can do homie, but I'm just saying that I don't wish to feck up something by making another wrong adjustment. I'll duck the highs donw just slightly and hopefully that is enough.

As for me doing my job though Steve, I don't agree with that entirely. Isn't that why there are people who are mastering engineers? I don't claim to be the best engineer in the world, but I do know I make good tunes...So I reckon I'm doing my job the best way I know how to.

Thank you to everyone for your feedback.

dirty_bass
09-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Sorry, I was answering holotropiks question, didn`t mean to hijack your thread with that.

Most (ie virtually none) labels won`t spend loads of money on a mastering engineer, you`ll just get a vinyl master, hopefully by someone paying attention.

But mastering is about fine tuning.
blatant large adjustments shoudl already be fixed before it hits the engineers station.

I wasn`t saying you aren`t doing your job mate, I was kinda using the collective "you" as in the collective "we"

however, back to your tune, sorting out your highs shouldn`t **** anything up or make a domino effect, it will however, make it sound nicer.

BRADLEE
09-06-2006, 07:28 PM
It's all good Steve. Thank you for clarifying.

stjohn
10-06-2006, 06:29 AM
checked this out the other day.... cool stuff....exatly what id play if i ever got gigs!!!! :)

BloodStar
13-06-2006, 03:28 PM
nice track. lot of nice background ambience in there cool. i like that little offbeat break and also those mid sounds are nicely hypnotiwing after while. cool.
i am on the headphones, production part of thing sounds ok, but nothing special i would say. too much hi's at some parts and also the mids are little burried. i think it's maybe because one of those pad sound is playing too loud or is not EQed properly, i dont know. anyway i enjoyed the listen. good work. some parts are dope::

BRADLEE
19-06-2006, 11:39 PM
checked this out the other day.... cool stuff....exatly what id play if i ever got gigs!!!! :)

Thanks homie. Really glad you like it.

nice track. lot of nice background ambience in there cool. i like that little offbeat break and also those mid sounds are nicely hypnotiwing after while. cool.

And thanks Vlasta I am glad you enjoy some of it. Each is entitled to their own opinion of course. :eyes:

278d7e64a374de26f==