PDA

View Full Version : Loopdon - severe (rhythm technologies no structures rmx)

rhythmtech
08-06-2006, 06:04 PM
thanx LD for providing me with the samples for this.. it was a pleasure doin it.

tried to do something differant. it has a kinda broken effect to it, hence the no structures name on it.

www.chrome-metronome/rhythmtechnologies/rhythmtechnologies/loopdon_severe_rhythmtechnologiesrmx.mp3

and thanx to rosrystjohn for hosting :cheese:

rhythmtech
08-06-2006, 06:05 PM
arrgghhhh

sorry.. link wrong

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythmtechnologies/loopdon_severe_rhythmtechnologiesrmx.mp3

rhythmtech
08-06-2006, 06:06 PM
AAAARHHHHHHHHHHH

TRY AGAIN!

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/loopdon_severe_rhythmtechnologiesrmx.mp3

loopdon
08-06-2006, 06:48 PM
woah, can't wait to hear that - will comment later :)

loopdon
08-06-2006, 06:55 PM
loving it!!! absolutely mad! great great work - far better than the original :) thanks!

loopdon
09-06-2006, 12:51 PM
kinda reminds me of the first mouseville record arrangement wise :techno:

rhythmtech
09-06-2006, 12:58 PM
new mixdown with a bit of added percussion coming later today :)

holotropik
09-06-2006, 01:08 PM
i love a droning bass-line
i like it more if it lifts or drops (note) every 8 bars
my personal opinion
adds dynamics and a good dance move
can be made on the lift/drop ;)

a good track let down by the mastering
too squashed and flat
with too much high freq prominant.
i like the vocals.

rhythmtech
09-06-2006, 02:24 PM
re-did the mix down and put a slight touch of mastering on it.

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/loopdon_severe_rhythmtechnologiesrmx.mp3

dirty_bass
09-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Your production has improved a fair bit in the last few months, I will say that.

Nice and spacey this mix, well done.

Bottom end is almost non excistant in the sub area, and it kinda lets down the mix a little, makes it sound cardboardy and a little flat, all the emphasis is on the mid range and top.

That seems to be a continuing problem on your stuff. Over brightness, may be a monitor position problem. Or the monitors themselves.
There`s also some really harsh frequencies that could be cut out out, that would be painful on a rig (above a certian volume they would cause ear damage).
There`s a a tutorlal in the production forum, that highlights these nasty freq`s in the top end, quite well.

Other than that, it`s a cool tool track. Lots of fun to mix and cut I reckon.

rhythmtech
09-06-2006, 05:25 PM
yeah i've noticed this high end problem.. (well i havent but others have) dunno whether its my ears after years of abuse or what? moitors are alesis mk2 and they are quite bass heavy.. i dunno.. just gotta keep forcing myself to learn their sound. im fully aware that the problem exists but the brain hears what it wants to hear doesnt it!

cheers for input ste and the rest of you guys..

dirty_bass
09-06-2006, 07:19 PM
That would do it, you`re compensating for the bass by pushing the high end.

there`s 2 solution to this.

Spend time listening to loads and loads of other music through the monitors, to tune your ears.
Or take some loosly balled up socks and push em into the ports on the speakers.

rhythmtech
09-06-2006, 07:26 PM
That would do it, you`re compensating for the bass by pushing the high end.

there`s 2 solution to this.

Spend time listening to loads and loads of other music through the monitors, to tune your ears.
Or take some loosly balled up socks and push em into the ports on the speakers.

cheers te will try the socks thing.. i try not to listen to too much other stuff on them cause they tire my ears after a while.. maybe i should start.

rhythmtech
09-06-2006, 11:59 PM
thanx for taking the time people.. hopefully this is the last mix i have to do...

i've stuffed the ports ste.. thanx for the tip

http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/loopdon_severe_rhythmtechnologiesrmx.mp3

distek
10-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Quality, clean production here baz, i like the "different from the usual" arrangements, your stuff seems to be getting better n better, well done man ;)

stjohn
10-06-2006, 06:23 AM
this is cool again barry...you're gettin the edits in there for sure...
on the monitors...i dont think the mk2's are bass heavy at all...... so i dunno.... might try that sock thing see if it does anything......

american pie style

loopdon
11-06-2006, 04:26 PM
the last one is really nice, imho. the highs are pleasant now as well - good one :)

278d7e64a374de26f==