PDA

View Full Version : Loopdon - Haunted

loopdon
08-06-2006, 06:47 PM
very toolish - mixdown needs work etc. etc.

done in 15 minutes - guess you can hear that :lol:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=75FB57975A3BC3B8

BRADLEE
08-06-2006, 09:05 PM
I tried to download it man, but my DL keeps getting cut off. It just dies almost instantly.

loopdon
08-06-2006, 09:14 PM
shit... i can download it without problems - these damn file upload thingies suck donkey dick :(

loopdon
08-06-2006, 09:57 PM
changed the synth - for the better i think...

so here's v2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/diplht

it still needs working on the mix and arrangement but i think it's better than version 1. please tell me what you think :)

BRADLEE
08-06-2006, 10:48 PM
I couldn't really peep out version1, but I am enjoying version2 Martin. Only got my phones on so I can't really say much about the mix. Only thing I could tell for sure is that some of the atmos might need some subtractive EQ perhaps. When it comes in, it seems to remove from the sound of that synth line a bit.

I am really liking the over all feel of everything though homie. Should really finish it man cause I think this would be a well nice tool for mixing.

loopdon
09-06-2006, 12:05 AM
thanks, man. i know it needs work eq-wise... i will try again tomorrow with fresh ears ;)

loopdon
09-06-2006, 02:56 PM
i guess this ain't tooo good then...nevermind...

i think i must invest a little more effort :)

dirty_bass
09-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Well, I read done in 15 minutes, so I didn`t wanna download or comment until you`d done a repost.

Hmm, well, compared to your previous stuff, the production here seems anrrow, and a little bit static.
The bottom end is a little muddy, the bass could be clearer, and the kick seems to blend and squash into the bassline.

I like the main riff, it could maybe jump out a lot more, if it is meant to be such a main feature, more attack-y compression and better eq, maybe some subtle twisted fx on it too, kinda behind it.

the little fx/ambient scrapes that pop in are lovely.

Overall, I don`t know how much time you`ve spent on this, but if you are gonna keep it this minimal, then really polish and shine each part so it gleams.

I like it, but it needs a good overhaul.

loopdon
09-06-2006, 03:59 PM
yep, thanks steve. i shouldn't have posted this and the other one yesterday in the first place. dunno what i was thinking. thanks for the detailed comment - spot on. i think i will put this off for a while and concentrate on a remix i want to do for rythmtech :paranoid:

BloodStar
13-06-2006, 03:38 PM
nice effort. I am liking the main riff,, it fits there nicely. maybe something little more could be added as opposite to this main riff.doubling, tweeking, and so on :) that Fx/noise sound which hits now and then is also nice:;
production part of thing could be better, as was mentioned above when you want to leave it this mminimal way, sounds need to shine much more.. track could be very nice after some final tweeks and sorting;;

loopdon
13-06-2006, 04:14 PM
thanks again, man! i realized myself i should have waited to post the track - when i heard it again hours later i thought -shit why did i post it in that state... :oops:

278d7e64a374de26f==