PDA

View Full Version : opinions?

phantomdj
08-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Anfield goal machine Robbie Fowler believes Jamie Carragher should be one of the first names on an England team-sheet and said it mystifies him why he isn't.
The Reds scoring legend doesn't feel Carragher gets the credit he deserves at international level and feels he is one of the most consistent and reliable centre halves around.

"Watching England's final warm-up match against Jamaica last Saturday, I was left speechless during one part of John Motson's commentary," revealed Fowler.

"As he was talking to Mark Lawrenson about England's possible starting line-up against Paraguay, Motty suggested that the 11 who began against Jamaica would do so in Frankfurt this weekend.

"Suddenly, though, he seemed flustered and felt the need to correct himself. Sorry, he said. Gary Neville will come back in for Jamie Carragher at right-back, obviously.

"Obviously what? Carra has played in England's last three matches in three different positions and could not have been more impressive.

"I thought he was excellent in the holding role against Hungary but what more does he have to do to get credit from the so-called experts?

"Some people have often wondered whether Carra offers enough going forward, but unless my eyes were deceiving me, I'm pretty sure I saw him surge into the box and deliver a perfect cross for Peter Crouch to score his second.

"Play him as a right-back, central defender or central midfielder and he'll never let you down, but to suggest Neville should walk straight back into the team is at best grossly unfair and at worst, patronising.

"Football is all about having the ability to take your chances and there is nothing more certain to weaken a squad than lack of competition for places.

"When a player knows no matter how well he does that he will be dropped, there is nothing more demoralising.

"Take it from me, I must be the only player in history who has been dropped after scoring a hat-trick - twice!

"I read one column the other week that indicated he was happy just to be part of the squad. Rubbish. The reason Carra gives 100 per cent in every training session is because he is desperate to play.

"He will hate being stuck in a hotel room uncertain about whether he will play or not. In my opinion, he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

"I know for a fact the Italians and the Spaniards can't believe Carra isn't first choice at centre-half. We all think that at Melwood, too. Earlier this season, even the legendary Franco Baresi named Carra alongside John Terry as two of the best defenders in the world.

"Having seen the heroics Carra performed in helping Liverpool win the European Cup, the AC Milan legend is hardly a bad judge, is he?

"You'd be hard pressed to find four better defenders than Carra in the world. He must be given the platform his talents deserve."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152538060607-1307.htm

Traxx
08-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Too ****in right he should be. Him & terry all the way.

jam
08-06-2006, 08:33 PM
No way,he's class but Terry and Rio are very good together and together provide something Carragher can't.The only man who could challange Rio for his place is a fit Jonathon Woodgate but is he ever fit? is he ****,loves the white powder to much.

basslinejunkie
08-06-2006, 09:08 PM
carra an terry all the way for me.the two best defenders in our leauge.**** all this good on the ball crap,theyre there to win it.

macca
08-06-2006, 10:43 PM
cara an terry 4 me also cant understand how ferdinand is playin. yes hes a decent defender but hes harldy had the best season an has had some shite performances this year he must be suckin erickson off

Miksta
08-06-2006, 10:51 PM
rio is a bag of shite, carra/terry all the way.

french_og
09-06-2006, 09:06 AM
The problem Carragher probably has sometimes that he is too versatile and can play anywhere in defence and also did ok holding in the midfield. I think Carragher, Terry, Rio and Campbell are all brilliant and either two would never let you down.

My choice would be Terry and probably Campbell, not cuz I think he is necessary better than Carragher but he always seems to play well for England and has vital experience.

Will
09-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah, please let Carragher replace Neville at right back! You'd never see Neville set up Crouch like that. And Neville likes playing people on when the rest of the back 4 are 5 yards up the pitch.

lukekendall
09-06-2006, 12:08 PM
no i think rio and terry are the best pairing, cara is like terry he is a rock put rio is slightly different he has pace, skill and compusure on the ball. i thing cara had a better season than rio but i think him and terry would not work as well for each other.....

lukekendall
09-06-2006, 12:10 PM
The problem Carragher probably has sometimes that he is too versatile and can play anywhere in defence and also did ok holding in the midfield. I think Carragher, Terry, Rio and Campbell are all brilliant and either two would never let you down.

My choice would be Terry and probably Campbell, not cuz I think he is necessary better than Carragher but he always seems to play well for England and has vital experience.

Campball is dodgy as ****, i would not like to see him comming on at all!! i could see him cocking it up for us

Traxx
09-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Rio is turd.

dee
09-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah, please let Carragher replace Neville at right back! You'd never see Neville set up Crouch like that. And Neville likes playing people on when the rest of the back 4 are 5 yards up the pitch.

are you stupid will , neville is a no nonsense defender , great crosser / passer , quicker than carra, i admit cara is a good defender , one of the best , but he has half the expereince of neville, you need experience aswell...

rio + terry are good tall , strong , quick thinking centre backs !!!

dee
09-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Rio is turd.

yeah he must be cus he plays for utd :roll:

french_og
09-06-2006, 02:13 PM
No doubt Carragher deserves to be one of the centre halfs based on his perfromances for Liverpool and England. Sven - during his 5 years in charge has usually in big games played, cambell, Terry or Rio.

Maybe after the World Cup when Mclaren takes over Carragher will get his chance to cement his place under him.

jam
09-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Lol Neville all the way,hes a ****ing awesome defender one of the best right backs in the world,he also does get up and down the bitch and works very well with Beckham.Hes a cock but a very good Footballer.

nick_anarchy
09-06-2006, 11:19 PM
i think hes a quality player , defo should be in for neville , weak point at the bk for england ...but hes to defencive and cant take over neville due to him and beckham are so good up the wing , if carra was better at his attacking play then i would have him in all day no questions asked , hes the type of plyer who wares his heart on his sleeve and will give 110% every game

278d7e64a374de26f==