PDA

View Full Version : Virus B vs Virus C

Jimfish
12-09-2003, 05:54 PM
whats the differences.. except that of course the C is twice the price of the B...

Is it really 500 credits worth of difference??

DJZeMig_L
12-09-2003, 06:44 PM
just 2 get ya going...

The Virus C's new DSP chip is an incremental step up — though a large one — from the previous Virus B units. Polyphony has been increased from 24 to 32 dynamically allocated notes. Flexible modulation routing has always been a significant element of the Virus architecture and sound; the number of simultaneous modulation sources has doubled to six, and modulation destinations have grown from six to nine. There are now 98 simultaneous effects in multitimbral mode, and each of the 16 parts has 3-band EQ, phaser, chorus, analog boost, ring modulator, and distortion modules. A global effects section provides reverb and delay.

check out the full thing here ...
http://emusician.com/ar/emusic_access_virus/index.htm

Z

Patrick DSP
12-09-2003, 06:46 PM
C!!!

it sounds better.

Jimfish
12-09-2003, 06:57 PM
ok, so its got lots of extra jargon, and it sounds better.

so tell me..

man to man.....

is the C worth paying double for over the B ??

DJZeMig_L
12-09-2003, 07:42 PM
don't think they still sell b as a new unit...
so I'm not sure the price goes that way...

Double is a very hard blow!! :(

Z

acidhead
12-09-2003, 09:01 PM
i got a virus b when the c first came out - i had a choice - do i pay full price for a C or do i buy a ex demo B and a waldorf XT , i took the latter , the B is a great sounding instrument , if the C is a great improvement then its the dogs bollox

BUT..emotion complex has just got a C and sent me an mp3 of the sounds over msn , the sounds i have heard so far arent anything above what the B can do , it even duplicates some of the presets - until i hear a killer sound that cant be done on the B i will say go with the B , tho i have not played on a real live C so ....

i dont use the virus in multi mode unless its a layer creating 1 patch so poly isnt important to me , i have an eq on my mixer that leaves synth eq's for dust so i have no need for an eq - my choice was easy

the fact that they remove the expensive BLUE leds on the indigo and put cheap red ones in , call it a limited edition and put the price up abit is beyond my reasoning - total rip off to be honest

also - the fact that u can get an alesis andromeda for £600 more than a virus KC - i know what i would rather spend my money on there :)

Jimfish
13-09-2003, 12:00 PM
anyone had a good bash on the andromeda? is it the nuts is it?

DJZeMig_L
13-09-2003, 03:47 PM
totally nuts... U need lots of head scratching b4 u feel at ease..

I got about 20m so i kinda felt a bit (more like totally) lost...

lol

Z

Patrick DSP
13-09-2003, 04:57 PM
unless they updated the os from the last time i played with it...
the andromeda sucks my assmar. the midi on it was one of the worst i've ever seen!!

if you're going to spend the coin for analog get that new moog voyager or whatever it's called

as for the virus c being double of the b?!?! try ebay. it shouldn't be that much. oh and the b is discontinued by the way.

Jimfish
14-09-2003, 10:30 AM
yaya, i means second hand on the B... ive seen it as low as £400 on places like SOS :P :o

278d7e64a374de26f==