PDA

View Full Version : BoyConstrictor - Gentle Rain

lau
09-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Well the title says it all.... A piece of dirty g*y techno......

1 out of 5 guys you know... ;) Just trying to reach a different niche now and than.... :cheese:

LINK (www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/gentlerain.mp3)

feedback very much appreciated...

:rambo:

rhythmtech
09-06-2006, 02:43 PM
jesus man.. i cant keep up!!!! another new one!!

i like this except for the dark pad.. if i was makin something like this i'd try keep away from obvious melody. production wise its very good except the hats sound a little over processed and lose bite but other than that its cool.... now to go review your other 500000 new ones ;)

lau
09-06-2006, 02:58 PM
HAHA

lol....... Im basically sitting behind my computer 24/7

I have got a couple of jobapplications running... So it wont be much longer...

Just trying to produce and learn as much as possible....

Will leave this for a day and master again tomorrow... .Not sure about the pad too yet.. .. so we'll see whats going to happen to it haha

dirty_bass
09-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Greatness.
I think the kick can stand out from the bass a little more, as it`s just a touch muddy in there. Luvverly sub on this dude.

Yeah, once the hats come in, the kick sounds duller. Needs a touch more top on it I reckon, to balance out the hats, which I thought were lovely and creamy.

I`m liking all of this except the main melody. Not sure if it`s the melody or the sound used. The sound I reckon, somtehing with a little more sparkle might work better.
This is great at 4:30

Yeah, I like it, but something isn`t right with the main melody pad.
Production wise, bar some little tweaks, you are the biz.

lau
10-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Tnx dude!!!

I got rid of the pad.... still kept the high parts of it tho.... worked a bit on the hats and edited some breaks....

New link HERE (www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/gentlerain2.mp3)

stjohn
10-06-2006, 09:34 PM
great stuff..... id play it definately... its kinda like inigos asymmetric free mp3s.... well that synth is! nice n deep mate nice1

BloodStar
13-06-2006, 02:31 PM
cool track. listening the version2. nice little stomper with kinda minimal feel. like all the sounds except the main melody.

production sounds almost ok. i am on the headphones, but i tihnk it gets little muddy in the bottom, even the sub is really nice. good work

Mindful
13-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Ill check this later tonight fukko

holotropik
15-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Mud is good :)
just 'sharpen' the kick attack
whatch the comp, mix seems to be poppin out a little too much.

I quite like a muddy rumblin bass/kick combo it can work
and makes a nice change in a set
esp if going into some deeper darker tunes etc.
Dont be afraid to get muddy from time to time ;)

I like the second version best.

278d7e64a374de26f==