PDA

View Full Version : rory st john - hibakusha [dark broken beats]

stjohn
10-06-2006, 09:47 PM
heres something different to what ive usually been making. kinda exium style. the kick isnt really clear... but i kinda wantd like that...just im not sure if it worked or not. i have to do a few more edits and atmospherics...but i want to get the main guts down first

all comments appreciated!!

http://www.chrome-metronome.net/hibakusha.mp3

gavinj3
12-06-2006, 12:42 AM
nice one rory, listening on headphones but really quality stuff here, makes me want to go make some visuals ;-) third time to listen to it now and not getting bored at all, at first i thought u could seperate it into two different tunes again but on second listen everything follows and fits in a nice pattern. love the first notes that come in at round 1;35 , sets the mood nicely , but think you could bring in the pads after the break at 2;05 a bit quicker (on the first beat) and as it loses a bit of its energy (could argue the opposite to that though either?)../ round 4.10 it gets a bit distorted, on purpose?? id make it even more angry right there to stress it more, and have a bit of a 'climax'. all rolls nicely, good stuff, lookin forward to the live set, see ya in the sun.

BloodStar
13-06-2006, 02:50 PM
quite interesting. i was not too much into it in the beginning but liking it when some more sounds are. i am digging some of those lead sounds, but i have to say that i am little lost in there as the track goes.
production part of thing is not bad, maybe i would try to turn down compression on the kick little bit to make some more space for the rest of the sounds,; but i am on the hadphones so maybe its ok.; cheers

dirty_bass
13-06-2006, 07:46 PM
great percussion in this. really nice.

Nice workout in general really, very tribal, without the cliche of Ethnic Percussion CD - Bongos and Congas 1.

I think the mix is too wet overall.
Too much delay and reverb makes the tune too busy, so the lovely rhythms loose their funk and swing.
Dry it up a lot more and this would be a serious drum workout.

Again I`d say there`s an imbalance between the top end and the bottom, it`s a trait of digital music, but I`d see if you could address this balance a little more effectively.

Good stuff.
Inspiring.

Mindful
13-06-2006, 10:48 PM
good shit Rory
realy in to the groove, percs, and overall vibe of this.
Aggreed with Steve regarding how wet the production is.
realy cool track

holotropik
15-06-2006, 08:43 AM
This would make a great track!!
very different
wonky....funky....percussive
top stuff. love it.

concur with the other chaps about sound quality
something washes it out
and it loses its impact...sounds washed out and fluffy.

holotropik
15-06-2006, 08:46 AM
the change at about 4:49
goes for too long and throws you off
maybe intro it some other way...??

lau
15-06-2006, 11:14 AM
All has been said.... Fix the mix and you'll have a really dope track!!!

:rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==