PDA

View Full Version : redsound micro bpm

acid-project
14-09-2003, 08:34 AM
usefull tool or expensive gimmik ?

Col
14-09-2003, 10:05 AM
i think to use it to find the bpm of your records is ok, if your a lazy bastard, who can afford it.

to use a bpm counter during mixing though, is criminal, it takes all the fun out of it. :evil:

acid-project
14-09-2003, 01:17 PM
the reason is right, ive been mixin / had dex about 8 years ok, and of those 8 ive been able to mix to a listenable standard for about 2 !
very slow learner ! totally self trained to boot !
ive got this colin favor cd, and went on a mission to be abel to mix to the same standard, a few years and tantrums later, job done !
but im never gonna play out, caus just the thought of it turns me cold with fear, not what you want controling the party !
but i do get stax of pleasure from mixing and manipulating the music.
so now i wanna do more stuff while the records are in time,
im getting board with just choppin the fader and using the eq as a filter,
and all the usual spin outs etc,etc.
so i was thinking of a red bpm just to make quick presice adjustments
as the mix progreses, to leave me free to play with other stuff !

cascade
14-09-2003, 02:35 PM
the reason is right, ive been mixin / had dex about 8 years ok, and of those 8 ive been able to mix to a listenable standard for about 2 !
very slow learner ! totally self trained to boot !
ive got this colin favor cd, and went on a mission to be abel to mix to the same standard, a few years and tantrums later, job done !
but im never gonna play out, caus just the thought of it turns me cold with fear, not what you want controling the party !
but i do get stax of pleasure from mixing and manipulating the music.
so now i wanna do more stuff while the records are in time,
im getting board with just choppin the fader and using the eq as a filter,
and all the usual spin outs etc,etc.
so i was thinking of a red bpm just to make quick presice adjustments
as the mix progreses, to leave me free to play with other stuff !

still no excuse, it takes me about 5 seconds to get the pitch on any record.
the only hard thing about mixing is structure, get the mix strucured and it wont even matter if they slip abit.

thoose bpm counters arnt that accurate anyways.

acid-project
14-09-2003, 02:48 PM
understand what you mean about structure, once you get the right beat point to coincide with the other, (@ 16,32,64 etc),
thats not the problem, nor is getting them in sync and time,
its when they run away a tad , and i just cant decide in the phones if it needs a + or a - pitch, its like a mental block, i just freeze for a split second, by witch time it sounds even worse !

eyes without a face
14-09-2003, 04:38 PM
cant exactly see the problem there, its all part of djing to know wether the record ur cueing in needs a nudge or pulling back a little. bpm counters are for people who shudnt b djing in my opinion, if you cant b arsed to do it yourself then you shouldnt be doing it

and why dont u wanna play out? there is nothing better than gettin infront of a crowd and making em go crazy with the records ur playing, nothing better

278d7e64a374de26f==