PDA

View Full Version : Track structure / arrangement

Dave Elyzium
14-09-2003, 05:24 PM
I was just wondering, so much talk goes on here regarding compression, FX etc but how do you go about the structure of your track? Do you use a favourite track as a template and replace the elements with your own sounds, or do you write your tune as if you were listenening to a record and add bits as you go along?

I find structure quite an issue because I can be storming along with ideas, sounds etc then get into a rut with a boring arrangement and lose interest in the track.

So how do you guys approach the construction of your music?

ampassasinbirmingham
14-09-2003, 05:31 PM
I MAKE MY TUNES AS SOKLID AS POSSIBLE. THEN GO BACK AND FUNK ABOUT WITH IT AT EVERY OPORTUNITY.

Dave Elyzium
14-09-2003, 05:34 PM
mate can you elaborate on that at all? I am seriousley interested in this aspect of producing?

crime
14-09-2003, 05:44 PM
I put a change in every time I start to get bored... Also it's good to keep listening to a track as a whole, and judge where the changes need to be... I think the idea of a template for structure is a bad one, as then all your arrangements will sound formulated...

ampassasinbirmingham
14-09-2003, 06:06 PM
constantly export the tune and listen. i arrange the tune so it will be solid, with a breakdown or something maybe. export and listen so i cant see whats coming next on the sequencer.

then add effects/funk da beat about when it gets repetative. i h8 to much repetativness.

The Overfiend
15-09-2003, 02:27 AM
I put a change in every time I start to get bored... Also it's good to keep listening to a track as a whole, and judge where the changes need to be... I think the idea of a template for structure is a bad one, as then all your arrangements will sound formulated...

AGREED :rambo:

Dave Elyzium
15-09-2003, 10:46 AM
export and listen so i cant see whats coming next on the sequencer.

yeah i do that aswell, elps you concentrate on the song as a whole rather than hinkign about levels or individual elements...

detfella
16-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Maybe a lilttle controvercial but i think the arrangement can be more important than the sounds used.

dan the acid man
16-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Maybe a lilttle controvercial but i think the arrangement can be more important than the sounds used.
We have all bought records with poor production just because there was something in the arragement that made you love the record but these records still had some good sounds in them, i could,nt like a record that didnt have the right percussion or synth choices.

278d7e64a374de26f==