PDA

View Full Version : Ableton Beatmatching

etnarama
14-06-2006, 06:22 PM
i cant seam to put two of my tracks beatmatching in ableton can someone explain me how you do it?
I zoom and i put the marker in the first kick but its not tight......

dirty_bass
14-06-2006, 06:48 PM
scroll through the wave. Sometimes the markers may drift, so just pull them back in at points along the eave.
Should be fine.

etnarama
14-06-2006, 07:00 PM
anymore techniques???

A.P.
14-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Also, have you warped the tracks properly mate?
I didn't do a track to the original bpm once an it blagged my head!! (Stella'd up) haha!

rhythmtech
14-06-2006, 07:04 PM
i use acid for beatmapping them first.. i reckon its better than ableton for it IMO. then export the wavs.

etnarama
14-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Both tracks are at 140bpm and they always start out of time

oldbugger
15-06-2006, 07:01 PM
you got to warp thm properly first mate.

go to the very first beat (open it right up to get it spot on) right click and select set 1.1 here

then move along a few bars and do another. pick a beat then right slick ans warp from here.
i find it easier if you have your metronome on while doing this. (its 2 circles on the top laft)

add warp marklers as many as needed all the way through the track so its spot on with the metronome....sorted.

oldbugger
15-06-2006, 07:02 PM
i really should check my posts before submiting them :blush:

MARKEG
15-06-2006, 09:43 PM
i have just used ableton to do a mix annd i really had to look hard into it...

the procedure is this:

click the metronome on
pull the track into ableton
pull the first start marker to the absolute start of the 1st beat
'set 1.1 here' then:
'set from here straight'
check a beat near the end of the track and make sure it's spot on...
then work your way through the track ie 17, 33 etc etc, pulling the marker to the right points.... DONT MAKE THEM GREEN.
it should all pull together nice.

if not you're gonna have to try combinations of things... including working through from start to end and making the markers GREEN.. (this is a nightmare, but you can do the whole track like this - it just takes AGES)...

GOOD LUCK!!

etnarama
15-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Another thing....

My ears are telling me that my tracks sound dirtier in Ableton the quality is worst, anyone experiencing the same???

I think ill use cubase for live...... anyone using it? It sounds better and i know it better.

trip_out
16-06-2006, 11:34 AM
pulling the marker to the right points.... DONT MAKE THEM GREEN.

Yellow? :)

@etnarama: Mark's method is the best. If it is straight techno then make sure Ableton hasn't put yellow markers everywhere, and if it has get rid of them ('set from here straight').

Have a look here for some more tips and videos...

http://www.abletonlivedj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142

A.P.
16-06-2006, 04:16 PM
pulling the marker to the right points.... DONT MAKE THEM GREEN.

Yellow? :)

@etnarama: Mark's method is the best. If it is straight techno then make sure Ableton hasn't put yellow markers everywhere, and if it has get rid of them ('set from here straight').

Have a look here for some more tips and videos...

http://www.abletonlivedj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142

GREEN :)

trip_out
16-06-2006, 05:44 PM
hehe

dirty_bass
16-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Another thing....

My ears are telling me that my tracks sound dirtier in Ableton the quality is worst, anyone experiencing the same???

I think ill use cubase for live...... anyone using it? It sounds better and i know it better.

cubase for live, surely that will mean presequencing? :sick:

Quality of ableton is fine, I get great results, sounds lovely on all the rigs I`ve been on.
What you put in is what you get out.

Maybe your overdriving the outputs?

dan the acid man
16-06-2006, 10:29 PM
yep, sounds spot on when i've used it, im gonna ditch vinyl now for ableton i reckon, just need to sit down and play with it alot though

eyeswithoutaface
19-06-2006, 12:39 AM
i must be really thick because i seriously cannot work Ableton out at all, it doesnt let me do any of these things, certainly doesnt let me "Set 1.1" here

seriously wankering me off now aswell

etnarama
19-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Dirty_bass.....
It will be a bit of presequencing but i'll play synths, pads, percussion and some other bits live....... on top of my own songs.
and no im not overdoing it, it sounds dirtier mate

278d7e64a374de26f==