PDA

View Full Version : tracks that are doin it (or will be) for me this month

rhythmtech
15-06-2006, 07:42 PM
A.P. - Powertools 34 (still waiting to hear the final version but its gonna be a corker!)
davethedrummer & Geraldine - arpeggiator (bound) (techno? trance? nice!)
Alex Calver - glitch012 versions 6.1 reworks - rhythm technologies rmx (glitch recordings) :shock: ;)
davethedrummer - Hydraulix 34 (sound clip sounds awesome)
pounding grooves "london acid city" rmx (routemaster 058) :cheese:
ANT - Powertools 33 (awsome record)
pounding grooves 37 & 38 (back with a bang!!)
geezer & chris liberator - raw 35 (sound clip is making me wet!!)
distek - hotel hunt e.p. (kickthedrum records) still!!!!!!!!!
hertz - priorities (sway records) funking great
kode - HzTrax 002 (deep and funky loveliness)
mighty thor - drumcodes 30(?) (weird and wonderful :cheese:)
pedro delgardo - ibu pro (adult records) (cheesy but good)
sebastian ledger - bad clock (intec) (its the "bad luck" track thats doin it for me)
concrete djz - the gaurdz e.p. (betamax) (still bloody amazing)

fac
16-06-2006, 09:39 AM
mighty thor - drumcodes 30(?) (weird and wonderful :cheese:)
the a-side is cool. but really dont like the b-side.

fils_here
16-06-2006, 08:31 PM
aye looking forward to powertools 34 myself.

A.P.
22-06-2006, 03:22 PM
raw 35 is spot on baz!

acidpisar
22-06-2006, 07:44 PM
where are sound clips for hydro 34 ?

A.P.
23-06-2006, 01:01 AM

In the Acid Forum mate ;)

acidpisar
23-06-2006, 10:42 AM

In the Acid Forum mate ;)

i didn't notice it :)

thanx mate

Adey
05-07-2006, 11:28 PM
try widening your taste, mate.

gary_human
05-07-2006, 11:49 PM
ANT - Powertools 33 (awsome record)

yeah heard that online and it sounded real cool as usual from ant :dance:

seems to have sold out now

The Overfiend
06-07-2006, 12:47 AM
That pounding grooves is my shit!

rhythmtech
06-07-2006, 03:12 AM

my taste is plenty wide already m8. try shuttin your mouth around here for once.. or else do better yourself.

Frank Dogshit
06-07-2006, 10:49 AM
ill be seeing the mighty thor in a few months time.....doin a live set.

anything to write home about?cant say ive heard any of his sets..

Traxx
06-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Were's that?

Frank Dogshit
06-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Were's that?

awakenings,there havin another of those drumcode nights

Traxx
06-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Ahh right is it a friday-saturday job? who's the other one?

Jay Pace
06-07-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm dead pleased lemon8 - model8 got re-released.

Been on my ebay watchlist for about 6months, has never gone for less than £30.
And I just bought it for £1 on beatport.

Class.

Adey
06-07-2006, 11:26 PM

my taste is plenty wide already m8. try shuttin your mouth around here for once.. or else do better yourself.

as I said I ain't your mate.

There is more to techno that Chris Liberator and 2 of his mates. Not one of those tunes has any originality.

loopdon
06-07-2006, 11:29 PM
@adey: why bother if that's not your taste? really don't see the point, actually :)

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 12:08 AM

as I said I ain't your mate.

There is more to techno that Chris Liberator and 2 of his mates. Not one of those tunes has any originality.

well then try reading the list properly if you're capable. because unless chris happens to be hanging out in sweden or wales these days i've no idea what you're goin on about.

as far as i can see you've obviously got some sort of issue with anything SUF related. jealousy maybe? who knows.. but like i said earlier... please show me anything that you've achieved thats comperable to what chris has achieved.. please.. no really im interested..

Adey
07-07-2006, 12:11 AM
cos he cries like a bitch.

but must admit i'm right. Those tunes are little more than stale pop techno. yawn.

Do you actually listen to tunes or just buy the label?

I'm off this board is shite

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 12:18 AM

but must admit i'm right. Those tunes are little more than stale pop techno. yawn.

stale pop techno? what so it has to be weird and dark and gloomy to be good? get a life you sad tosser. if you cant recognise good techno in every style you've no place calling yourself a fan.. and no i dont buy by the label.. actually judging by your closed minded attitude i would say my collection is a million times more diverse than yours..

the only thing that leaves a hint of shite around this board is trolls like yourself that have nothing positive to add. close the door on your way out thanx.

Aratron
07-07-2006, 12:19 AM

liar , liAR , YOUR NOSE IS ON fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 12:23 AM
just as an after thought... you've single handedly managed to insult a number of producers that post on this board that have releases in that list

myself, alex calver, davethedrummer, ant, ap, distek, mita etc...

just so you know incase you're starting to encounter a little hostility.

Frank Dogshit
07-07-2006, 12:40 AM
what so it has to be weird and dark and gloomy to be good? .

Yeah :) :twisted: :eyes:

fac
07-07-2006, 12:43 AM
non-weird, non-dark and non-gloomy = shit

Jay Pace
07-07-2006, 12:47 PM

What a brat. :lol:

massplanck
07-07-2006, 02:23 PM
what so it has to be weird and dark and gloomy to be good

adey isnt into dark or gloomy though. never has been. far from it.
And the amount of *truly*inventive techno threads/releases that have appeared since he left is nil. :(

But to be honest its someone else chart and that dig wasnt due. But I can *sorta* see his frustration.

fac
07-07-2006, 02:27 PM
But I can *sorta* see his frustration.if u mean adey's i agree

Miromiric
adey the hospital boy?

Miromiric
adey the joker ?

massplanck
07-07-2006, 02:29 PM
But I can *sorta* see his frustration.if u mean adey's i agree

Yeah.

But i dont see any merit in putting the boot into someone either..

massplanck
07-07-2006, 02:29 PM
adey the joker ?

adey fast.

massplanck
07-07-2006, 02:31 PM
adey the joker ?

you are to adey what adey is to rhythm tech .

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 02:35 PM

And the amount of *truly*inventive techno threads/releases that have appeared since he left is nil. :(

But to be honest its someone else chart and that dig wasnt due. But I can *sorta* see his frustration.

y can you sorta see his frustration? what has it got to do with anyone but myself whos in my chart? theres tunes in that chart that are quite innovative. maybe no to adey, but then im sure some of his music would bore the life out of me.

who decides whats innovative for the masses? i dont and no offence massplank, you certainly dont either. you can only truely believe something is innovative in yourself for your own reasons. i personally think powertools 33 is because some of the sounds ant uses are really really out there. i think pounding grooves is because lawrie dares to try something differant. i think hertz is because theres no one else that can match him for funk (IMO)..

but for that adey bloke to start throwing abuse at peoples taste is just not on. we ALL know that chris liberator (whether you like his style or not) has done huge amounts for the techno scene, he doesnt deserve to be abused by some twat with a superiority complex.

theres guys on here who make some dark stuff (lau, casual violence etc). these guys can appreciate the more dancefloor orientated end of music the same way as i can appreciate their dark sounds. if you really really love music you learn to accept the many forms out there.. you certainly dont cry like a baby cause other people like something differant to you.

i like maybe one or two jeff mills tunes but i can appreciate what he is within his own style.. i dont go screaming abuse about him everytime someone mentions his name.

this aint a rant at you massplank, just wanna air my feelings about that adey guy as this has really really gotten my back up.

Miromiric
07-07-2006, 02:44 PM
adey the joker ?

the very own personal jesus?

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 02:50 PM
adey the joker ?

the very own personal jesus?

Someone to hear your prayers?
Someone who cares?

basslinejunkie
07-07-2006, 02:52 PM

y can you sorta see his frustration? what has it got to do with anyone but myself whos in my chart? theres tunes in that chart that are quite innovative. maybe no to adey, but then im sure some of his music would bore the life out of me.

who decides whats innovative for the masses? i dont and no offence massplank, you certainly dont either. you can only truely believe something is innovative in yourself for your own reasons. i personally think powertools 33 is because some of the sounds ant uses are really really out there. i think pounding grooves is because lawrie dares to try something differant. i think hertz is because theres no one else that can match him for funk (IMO)..

but for that adey bloke to start throwing abuse at peoples taste is just not on. we ALL know that chris liberator (whether you like his style or not) has done huge amounts for the techno scene, he doesnt deserve to be abused by some twat with a superiority complex.

theres guys on here who make some dark stuff (lau, casual violence etc). these guys can appreciate the more dancefloor orientated end of music the same way as i can appreciate their dark sounds. if you really really love music you learn to accept the many forms out there.. you certainly dont cry like a baby cause other people like something differant to you.

i like maybe one or two jeff mills tunes but i can appreciate what he is within his own style.. i dont go screaming abuse about him everytime someone mentions his name.

this aint a rant at you massplank, just wanna air my feelings about that adey guy as this has really really gotten my back up.

id hardly call 'pounding grooves' something diffrent,the title name says it all. but then again thats what good about it.simple but effective.

dan the acid man
07-07-2006, 02:53 PM
reach out and touch me

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 02:56 PM
id hardly call 'pounding grooves' something diffrent,the title name says it all. but then again thats what good about it.simple but effective.

to you its nothing differant but to me theres nothing else out there that sounds anything like pounding grooves. lawrie has a style all to himself. but thats my point exactly - everyone has their own tastes and trying to force them on others or belittle them because of it is wrong.

Miromiric
07-07-2006, 02:57 PM
I will deliver
You know Im a forgiver

Reach out and touch faith

Your own personal jesus

Reach out and touch faith

massplanck
07-07-2006, 02:57 PM
I know i didnt want get involved really. i havent heard ANY of the tracks in your charts so I cant judge and wont . I'm sure they rock.

The thing is he prob has the most diverse taste in music of anyone who has ever graced here. He has gotten up on a hell of a lot of backs too though. i get pissed too when i see a chart full of the same narrow type of techno. Not that the music isnt good.. but wheres the progression? Wheres the diversity people speak of? As for the Dark tag\forum.. thats something that BOA invented for people who wanted to talk about ambient to hardtechno - to industrial - inventive - . And now its like some black mark. As for Chris Liberator? I really dont know what he has done for techno if you fit it into the whole scheme of things ie from Kraftwerk to AFX to Christian Vogel to Daniel Bell etc. But Then again I'm not gonna knock him for the sake of it. I have better things to do > and im not in the habit of pissing on peoples chips. People like his music & he loves what he is doing. Fair dues.

But All this stems from the fact that a hell of alot of people want techno to be wiped of the map and get back to its roots.. inventiveness... because if someone didnt break from the norm we wouldnt be here.. and if people dont do it fast we wont be here for very much longer.

Peace. This isnt a dig at you or your chart.. its an ongoing thing.. its just a rant like yours. And for the record i have the odd Dave the Drummer & SUF records in my collection. ;)

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 03:04 PM
i know where you're coming from and i do like to see totally differant stuff in techno. anyone thats ever seen me play lately will know that theres everything from hardcell to liberators, speed j to lenny dee. but as i said these were the tracks that were doing it for me this month. and i dont know if adey got past line 5 but further on down theres hertz, sebastian leger and somemore diverse stuff.

i just really fail to see what makes someone like speedy j more "techno" than someone like liberators. they're both out there doin there thing. totally differant avenues. yes the liberators (et all) have got a certain sound. but so does speedy. when you hear a speedy j record theres no mistaking it for a speedy j record. this world is big enough for many many types of techno. if people dont like it then they dont buy it. as the old saying goes - vote with your feet.

Jay Pace
07-07-2006, 03:22 PM
[quote=rhythmtech]

Throw toys out the pram because people aren't talking about tracks you like?

Er, why not contribute, instead of criticising other people's contributions?

Too many people sit back and just whale in on other people's opinion, never offering any of their own.

**** 'em.

Sure he's a decent bloke, but thats just kiddie shit.

dirty_bass
07-07-2006, 03:28 PM
But All this stems from the fact that a hell of alot of people want techno to be wiped of the map and get back to its roots.. inventiveness... because if someone didnt break from the norm we wouldnt be here.. and if people dont do it fast we wont be here for very much longer.

Great words.

there`s too much celery techno about these days.

massplanck
07-07-2006, 03:33 PM
[quote=rhythmtech]

Throw toys out the pram because people aren't talking about tracks you like?

Er, why not contribute, instead of criticising other people's contributions?

Too many people sit back and just whale in on other people's opinion, never offering any of their own.

**** 'em.

Sure he's a decent bloke, but thats just kiddie shit.

it is kiddie shit i agree.

Jay Pace
07-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Every style of techno has a subtle influence on other styles.
Whilst you might not like pounding grooves, plenty of the artists you do like will more than likely have been influenced by music that you yourself don't like.

Techno "getting back to its roots" sounds like a plaintive rosy tinted plea to restrict releases to a handful of manageable, universally praised and accepted stock of records.

All the "celery" techno serves a purpose. Whilst you might dislike 90% the odd record will come out that suddenly contains an original idea, and has an impact which ripples through other genres and sub-genres.

I'd rather people were prolific. It would be great if people only released inventive original records - but what a ridiculous unrealistic hope? Everyone releaseing original inventive records. Music is a hit and miss affair. Some of your ideas resonate, others won't. If people don't like you they won't buy or play your records. No one is forcing djs to play celery, or punters to buy it. They buy and play it because they like it. It gets released because there is a demand for it.

You are never going to have the same inventiveness with a mature form of music than you will with a fledgingly style. Before techno there was nothing. So everything that was done in the early days was remarkable by default.

People need to pull their head out of their arses at times.

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 03:43 PM
People need to pull their head out of their arses at times.

definitly.. people need to start enjoying their music instead of scrutinising it to see if its cool enough. i'd love all the artists out there to release a serious of white labels.. no info what so ever. then we'll see who likes what.

dirty_bass
07-07-2006, 04:07 PM
All the "celery" techno serves a purpose. Whilst you might dislike 90% the odd record will come out that suddenly contains an original idea, and has an impact which ripples through other genres and sub-genres.

I don`t think you know what celery techno is.
Nothing comes out of it.

Uberschall loops essentials banged together.
Some bongo loops.
Hip hop vocal.
High Pass filter.
Back in again for more of the same.
Ad infinitum.

Lazy, fetid turd.

I think a lot of pop music contributes more than this type of guff.

Not that this has anything to do with RT`s charts.

Jay Pace
07-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Even the worst idea paves the way for better ones.
Nothing is without merit.

massplanck
07-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Even the worst idea paves the way for better ones.
Nothing is without merit.

what?

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 04:22 PM
right thats it.. im never posting another chart again. :lol:

Jay Pace
07-07-2006, 04:24 PM
I don't think you can judge any tune as being completely and utterly devoid of merit. And often a big pile of shitty tunes makes producers move in a different direction and start producing different stuff. Which could be good/innovative/original/inventive etc

Crap records play a part in any scene.
But if you have any sense, you won't buy them, and won't pay to hear people play them.

gary_human
07-07-2006, 04:32 PM

if you bothered to listen you may realise it "is" a bit different !!

massplanck
07-07-2006, 04:32 PM
ok when i talk about inventive is about as much about the fact that all that "techno" producers seem only ever seem to to be able to express themselves through 140bpm lets take pills 4/4 kick & hihat drum music. Speedy J is universally respected not because of his recent 'bangers' but because of his other stuff like "A Shocking Hobby" which im sure most collabs & kreck owners have never heard of or even attempted to listen to. Whats hard about making an ambient track or a 200bpm track alongside a 140bpm belter or whatever?

lazyness.

gary_human
07-07-2006, 04:36 PM
i wish there was a "YAWN" smiley . . .

fac
07-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Speedy J is universally respected not because of his recent 'bangers' but because of his other stuff like "A Shocking Hobby" which im sure most collabs & kreck owners have never heard of or even attempted to listen tobingo! the problem is that most guys are stuck in their own self-created small world with the 5 artists they know and like.

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 04:39 PM
ok when i talk about inventive is about as much about the fact that all that "techno" producers seem only ever seem to to be able to express themselves through 140bpm lets take pills 4/4 kick & hihat drum music. Speedy J is universally respected not because of his recent 'bangers' but because of his other stuff like "A Shocking Hobby" which im sure most collabs & kreck owners have never heard of or even attempted to listen to. Whats hard about making an ambient track or a 200bpm track alongside a 140bpm belter or whatever?

lazyness.

when i talk about speedy j i talk about everything he's done way back to plus 8 stuff circa 91/92. i still recognise it as speedy j cause i love his productions and i know them inside out.

i dont think its laziness, more choice. i personally dont want to create a 200bpm track the same as i dont want to create an ambient track but i know i could. i know what i wanna make and thats it. when i was in indie bands we didnt make country and western music. An artist has his right to create what he chooses, anything else is pandering to the masses.

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 04:53 PM
. Speedy J is universally respected not because of his recent 'bangers' but because of his other stuff like "A Shocking Hobby" which im sure most collabs & kreck owners have never heard of or even attempted to listen to.
lazyness.

i think thats a bit of an odd statement. you know as well as i do how anal we can be about our music. fair enough some new blood on the scene might have only discovered speedy j through collabs but a fair majority of them will go and route out his earlier stuff through whatever means.

i remember when i started playing out, it was about the time acid hit big 96ish. i used to resident in fusion (above whats frazers now) and i thought acid was new and totally differant. i soon learned that there had been acid around long b4 SUF. i discovered prolekult, brain, harthouse and loads more.

but thats the thing, everyone finds their own doorway into a certain style of music but that doesnt mean thats where it ends. most will go on a hunt to discover new (& old) music.

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 04:54 PM
sorry i left the word lzyness in there.. oops.. didnt mean to misqoute you like that :oops:

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 04:59 PM
also just wanna say that besides a certain individuals childish comments earlier in the thread, this has turned into the most interesting discussion on here in ages.

dirty_bass
07-07-2006, 05:29 PM
i dont think its laziness, more choice.

That`s just a play on words.

to just bang together the same loops everyone else is using, and to do the same filtered breakdowns as everyone has done etc
Of course it`s lazyness.
It`s essentially doing what someone esle has done, because "it`s tecno"
It involves little thought and little time to think about.

discovering your own sounds, doing something, then realising, hmmm this has been done a hell of a lot, maybe I should try to do this a different way. Maybe I should try to use something I`ve not used before etc, is a little less lazy.

There`s an argument that, Well it`s what people want, or, well it`s what people are used to.
or
It rocks the floor, so that`s ok.

That`s an ok argument, but it`s treading the line into the pop mentality of unchallenging mediocrity.

I think the crowd needs to be entertained, but they should be given more credit for being able to accept new and different stuff.

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 05:35 PM
not a play on words at all steve. if i wanna produce 140bpm bangers its because i want to and not because i think that thats what people will like. i love acid techno so i make it.. sometimes similiar to the tried and tested formulae, sometimes completly differant. i love straight techno.. same thing applies. i love club techno.. again same thing.

i've been a musician for years now and i certainly have no qualms about being able to make slower more minimal stuff or faster noseblled stuff. i just dont because its not what im into.

whats the point in me making something i dont enjoy listening to? i get enough of that engineering demos for bands.

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 05:42 PM
im not on this earth to educate people about the many weird and wonderful forms of music that exist. let them find out in their own way. i just wanna go out play what i like and listen to what i like. if i hear something new and i like it then thats great. happy days. if i dont well then i know theres always next time.

its not a competition to see who can be the most "pure" or the most "underground". its about doing something you love doing, and to be honest, if you love making boyband pop records then fair play to you.

because the real drudgery and mediocrity lies in having nothing in your life that makes you smile the way making music makes me smile. and argue as i will on this thread, its still like water off a ducks back because tonight i have a gig. im gonna play tech house, techno, acid & i'ven even got some hip hop to end on. people are gonna dance and im gonna love every second of it.

dirty_bass
07-07-2006, 05:43 PM
I thin kyour missing the point
there`s nothing wrong with 140bmp dance floor techno.

when it follows the same sound, formula and structure as the last 50 gazillion releases, then it`s a bit sad.
If your a musician then surely you can see this.

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 05:48 PM
i can see it and i try to do something differant, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt and i sound the same as the last guy. but thats not a problem for me. im never gonna be the next jeff mills or speedy j or whoever. i just wanna be somewhat good at what i do and keep learning.

all music is somewhat limited by boundries.. its just a fact. breaking those boundries is a bloody hard job but very very impressive when it works BUT skirting those boundries and pushing them a little is to be admired as well. its a very fine line between doing something innovative and just doing something crap.

dirty_bass
07-07-2006, 05:51 PM
oh for sure, but trying is the thing.
And lets face it, it`s not exactly hard to do something different from your average loop cd techno bash a tastic mash now is it?

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 05:54 PM
its a very fine line between doing something innovative and just doing something crap.

a quick example.

i've just been listening to 2 rmxs that speedy j has done

Feieralarm - amazing, weird innovative and truely beautiful. it isnt an in your face stomper but i can imagine it still working wonders on a dancefloor.

marco bailey - rude boy (speedy j rmx) - a not so impressive rmx that i feel just drones on & on and would bore me off a dancefloor

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 05:55 PM
And lets face it, it`s not exactly hard to do something different from your average loop cd techno bash a tastic mash now is it?

no you're right its not. and you heard that in the rmx i did for you. it may not be totally differant to anything else out there BUT it was differant to anything i've ever done, which meant i learned something new. im happy with that and i love the tune.. what more could i ask for?

dirty_bass
07-07-2006, 06:23 PM

no you're right its not. and you heard that in the rmx i did for you. it may not be totally differant to anything else out there BUT it was differant to anything i've ever done, which meant i learned something new. im happy with that and i love the tune.. what more could i ask for?

I`m not actually talking about your stuff here man, don`t take things so personally.

As for Speedy`s Bailey remix. It was ok.

What`s great about him is he isn`t affraid to take risks.
Some of his stuff just doesn`t work, but you hear him workin it, he`s not just sittin on his ass knocking out the same old crap day in day out.

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 06:29 PM

I`m not actually talking about your stuff here man, don`t take things so personally.

relax, im not taking anything personally. as i said earlier this is one of the best discussions in a long time on here, im really enjoying it.

i just used that rmx as an example of trying something new.

278d7e64a374de26f==