PDA

View Full Version : Lucky

djfase
15-06-2006, 08:01 PM
If T&T had taken their chances we'd have struggled, but the didnt.

2-0 doesnt cover the fact that we struggled to break down a poor team.

Mind u i thought lennon was very good when he came on.

Will take note. The lad done it when it mattered

Esox Lucius
15-06-2006, 08:04 PM
aye he's good lennon, still a very very dire performance.

Traxx
15-06-2006, 08:14 PM
****in awful again.

koma
15-06-2006, 08:47 PM
2:0 doesnt really show what was the game like, TiT fought good. they have much to learn of course, but I also expected much more from England

SlavikSvensk
15-06-2006, 10:58 PM
well, england are in and now sweden are (almost) in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

koma
15-06-2006, 11:04 PM
still, pretty poor game from both teams :eh:
I'm afraid they wont go far with it...

macca
15-06-2006, 11:30 PM
when is this stupid cunt of a manager gonna realise gerrard going forward is a far better option than lampard :roll: the stupid useless bastard the amount of times hes told to sit back is ****ing stupid get a grip erickson u stupid cunt!

french_og
15-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I don't think any manager in the world would take either Gerrard or Lampard out of that side, think they looked better when they played the 3-5-2 om the 2nd half.

Though we do struggle to break down a side who put 11 players behind the ball for 90 mins.

We kept playing long ball right from the start, temas like Argentina and Spain play a nice short passing game and keep the ball and look for openings, i can't remember one real through ball for Owen from midfield, all we kept doing was lumping the ball - if Bolton did that we would call it long boring football.

Fair play we have 6 points from 2 games but I really can not see us winning it the way we play,.

We upted the tempo when Rooney came on and he seemed to give everyone a lift but we looked very ordinary as a whole.

I hope we can raise the game against better sides.

A.P.
16-06-2006, 01:34 AM
England = shite at the moment, nuff said.

Si the Sigh
16-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Word!

xes
16-06-2006, 11:05 AM
How can you class that performance as shite? they sat back with 10 men in defence,we brought the game to them. Had 70% of possession,32 shots at goal (mostly wildy off target,but it shows how much control we had over the game) They tried to box us in and get a goal on the break. Which didn't work. And all this "lesser team" bollocks. These are the best teams in the world,and suck footballing snobbery gets right on my tits. So what,they're not a well known European team with premiership/La Leagua players busting out the seams. They still made it through their qualifying rounds and into the WCF. how can a shit lesser team do that?

The game is 90 minutes long,it doesn't matter if we score in the 1st minute,or the 81st minute. We puit in a good show,ok the game wasn't blistering with exitement,but it wasn't that sort of game,it couldn't have been that sort of game. they didn't fight back. You need two right up for it teams for it to be a scorching end to end game.

England.8 wins on the trot,post war record. Is that the marks of a shit team? No,it isn't really,is it.

Esox Lucius
16-06-2006, 12:01 PM
How can you class that performance as shite? they sat back with 10 men in defence,we brought the game to them. Had 70% of possession,32 shots at goal (mostly wildy off target,but it shows how much control we had over the game) They tried to box us in and get a goal on the break. Which didn't work. And all this "lesser team" bollocks. These are the best teams in the world,and suck footballing snobbery gets right on my tits. So what,they're not a well known European team with premiership/La Leagua players busting out the seams. They still made it through their qualifying rounds and into the WCF. how can a shit lesser team do that?

The game is 90 minutes long,it doesn't matter if we score in the 1st minute,or the 81st minute. We puit in a good show,ok the game wasn't blistering with exitement,but it wasn't that sort of game,it couldn't have been that sort of game. they didn't fight back. You need two right up for it teams for it to be a scorching end to end game.

England.8 wins on the trot,post war record. Is that the marks of a shit team? No,it isn't really,is it.

well they have hardly got the class players england have, their players play in scotland and for teams like port vale!!

england should have walked it, please can you now shut up about winning the world cup, it's not going to happen lads!

lukekendall
16-06-2006, 12:12 PM
our problem is we didnt have a out and out goal scorer on the pitch till rooney came on...

everyone goes on about owen but the fact is he is playing shite and they should be playing walcott, i mean thats why hes in the team aint it?............. i have no doubt that if defoe and bent were in the team they would come on!! why the **** sven took walcot is beond me!?!?

couch is good but as we seen from the game he missed a sitter he is only good in the air

i think sven has ****ed it up by not bringing a 5th striker

koma
16-06-2006, 12:27 PM
well they have hardly got the class players england have, their players play in scotland and for teams like port vale!!

england should have walked it...

truth is, you can't say for someone "oh, they are easy opponents" anymore.
look how african teams fight, they may lack some experience, but they sure suprised some "bigger" EU teams so far...

nick_anarchy
16-06-2006, 12:34 PM
lucky wasnt the word the strikers were bollox , midfield bollox , if it wasnt for terry we would of lost that game

xes
16-06-2006, 12:50 PM

look how african teams fight, they may lack some experience, but they sure suprised some "bigger" EU teams so far...

word :cool:

Look at Equador!! Top of group a with a +5 goal average. not bad for a "lesser team"

french_og
16-06-2006, 01:28 PM
What I don't like about how England played is the amount of long balls they were knocking. Total boring football.

I though Owen did ok, he had some good touches and was brilliant when he set Lampard up for that easy chance. He should of scored that header before he was taken off. Crouch also missed a sitter 1st half.

We just never seemed to try play Owen through on the floor, everything was in the air.

It was a brilliant header by Crouch in the end and i would of taken 2-0 before the game and have 6 points but think against sides like brazil, Argentina we will need to look after the ball better and not give it away and knock long balls.

Athar
16-06-2006, 01:34 PM
yeah this "lesser team" won with Poland,
to be honest they win cuz polish players were very ineffective...
but i feel they will be England opponent in 1/8 and be aware!
never disregard a potential easier team,
RoboCrouch may not help again ;)

nick_anarchy
16-06-2006, 01:36 PM

word :cool:

Look at Equador!! Top of group a with a +5 goal average. not bad for a "lesser team"

seems to be th eonly way to play at the moment with crouch and owen , and if they cary on with them 2 in attack we will be goin home next week ....

long balls aint goin to work , we need gerrard and lampard to get the quick passing goin and we need joe cole to run at defenders , we all know any lose ball outside the box can be put away by gerrard , beckham , lampard and rooney but with th elong balls we wont get that chance ..., it's also takin owen out the game

where are the days when we went for pace at defenders ? for me i think lampard has to sit the next game out put beckham in the middle with gerrard and beckhma to sit givin gerrard space to go forward to support the strikers , lennon and cole each side pace and attackin football we need

Will
16-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Yeah, too many long balls, we should play more compact... As for Lennon, there was no end product, though he did at least take people on...

nick_anarchy
16-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah, too many long balls, we should play more compact... As for Lennon, there was no end product, though he did at least take people on...

he made effort , tho his crosses didnt come to anythin he still got the game tickin over better when he came on ...

only downiside to no g neville is no over laps for beckham he did seem lost at times as carra aint one to ping up the wing and cross the ball in hes to defencive fo rmy likein , tho he is a class player .

but im sure we will raise our game VS better teams

gary_human
16-06-2006, 02:35 PM
beckham looked good at right back - lennon was a lot more dangerous than beckham is - the boy done good !! I think we putting too much expectation on rooney's shoulders. Why dont he play walcott instead of owne who is looking out of sorts - else what is the point of bringing the nipper along he should have chosen proven scorers like defoe and darren bent.

gary_human
16-06-2006, 02:37 PM
... As for Lennon, there was no end product, though he did at least take people on...

what game where you watching?

lennon had a hand in both goals laying the ball to beckahm each time - won corners and free kicks?!

nick_anarchy
16-06-2006, 02:44 PM
... As for Lennon, there was no end product, though he did at least take people on...

lennon had a hand in both goals laying the ball to beckahm each time - won corners and free kicks?!

im sure if he played for aesenal will would of praised him ;)

french_og
16-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Owen thrives on service, apart from missing that header his game was good. He never gave the ball away and had some great touches but he plays of the shoulder of the last man and if we are not putting the ball through for him then its not his fault.

Esox Lucius
16-06-2006, 03:08 PM
yeah this "lesser team" won with Poland,
to be honest they win cuz polish players were very ineffective...
but i feel they will be England opponent in 1/8 and be aware!
never disregard a potential easier team,
RoboCrouch may not help again ;)

your fans are mental :cheese: absolute nutters the polish hooligans :cheese:

phantomdj
16-06-2006, 06:17 PM
definately need to let gerrard play his natural game..... sven needs to be a big man and leave lampard out of it and give gerrard the freedom to do what he does for liverpool....

gerrard - lampard is not working...

nick_anarchy
16-06-2006, 06:22 PM
definately need to let gerrard play his natural game..... sven needs to be a big man and leave lampard out of it and give gerrard the freedom to do what he does for liverpool....

gerrard - lampard is not working...

indeed we need his pushin power supporting the forwards and its not happening with lampard in the side , he seems to be stopin gerrard get about

where u been dan ? hows things

macca
16-06-2006, 08:13 PM
^^^^^i mentioned this be 4 but will erickson av the balls to drop him or let gerrard do what he does best???? i ****ing doubt it :roll: hes got rio sucking him off an lampard will be next ;)

Traxx
16-06-2006, 08:27 PM
All ferdinand does is lamp it when he's got the ball.

DJsmallpaul
16-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Yea one touch forward then looks to launch it

phantomdj
16-06-2006, 09:41 PM
where u been dan ? hows things

Plumbing mate.... it's a full time job... along with spreading the Gospel and self-education.... ;)

all the while I have picked up some awesome vinyl... :eyes:

have a listen to what I just picked up....

:razz:

http://www.datura.it/audio/1994_the_7th_hallucination_(live_instrumental_rmx) .mp3

As for the WC.. I think Germany or Brazil will win it unless Sven gets brave soon...

Will
18-06-2006, 03:10 AM

What game were you watching more like! Beckham wasn't involved in the 2nd goal and they were hardly defence splitting passes, Beckham gave him the ball and he just headed it back to him, so he crossed it in instead and Crouch scored. Then he headed it back to Gerrard who scored an individual goal out of nothing - that was all Gerrard.

With Beckham for the first goal it was like 'if you don't want it I'll whip it in' from the same position he was in when he gave Lennon the ball. Are you another Spurs fan or something? And I certainly think the entire England first team are very good, including Robinson, so it's not like they have to be an Arsenal player...

Will
18-06-2006, 03:18 AM

he made effort , tho his crosses didnt come to anythin he still got the game tickin over better when he came on ...

only downiside to no g neville is no over laps for beckham he did seem lost at times as carra aint one to ping up the wing and cross the ball in hes to defencive fo rmy likein , tho he is a class player .

but im sure we will raise our game VS better teams

Yeah, Carra was a bit hesitant about getting forward at times, but I thought his runs were more intelligent, he probably has a bit more pace and his delivery was miles better, he must have picked out 5 or 6 people at least with crosses and that was while he was on the pitch and without getting forward as much.

He just needs to be told to forget his defensive duties when we have the ball, Beckham or Terry can urge him on if need be and he can soon become the complete right back.

278d7e64a374de26f==