PDA

View Full Version : a fresh start

Col
15-09-2003, 02:49 PM
ive been producing for over 2 years now on a regular basis, and i had been working on 12 tracks. the problem was that i couldnt seem to finish any of them. my tastes have changed since over 2 years ago, and i also have a better knoledge of music production now, than i did back then. so i have decided to wipe over 2 years worth of music production from my hard drive. every track i had, and every sample i used within the tracks.

ive had a little word with myself, and i am starting afresh. only this time round when i start a track, i will finish it before deciding to start on another. hopefully i might be able to rid myself of this ongoing problem.

dan the acid man
15-09-2003, 03:04 PM
ive been producing for over 2 years now on a regular basis, and i had been working on 12 tracks. the problem was that i couldnt seem to finish any of them. my tastes have changed since over 2 years ago, and i also have a better knoledge of music production now, than i did back then. so i have decided to wipe over 2 years worth of music production from my hard drive. every track i had, and every sample i used within the tracks.

ive had a little word with myself, and i am starting afresh. only this time round when i start a track, i will finish it before deciding to start on another. hopefully i might be able to rid myself of this ongoing problem.
I have the same problem myself, when you start out you progress so much that a tune you started 2 weeks ago sound,s rubbish compared to your latest one and this go,s on and on until you realise you have only completed a hand full of tunes and theres about 500 half finished ones on your hard drive, But now i have got a new pc and im going to be able to use more powerfull software and all the new knowledge i have gained from this forum im going to start finishing my tunes before writing a new one.

acid-project
15-09-2003, 03:11 PM
thing that gets on my tits is, i can sit in front of the pc and be at a loss as what to do for the best....so i think **** it and go to bed.
then i wake up in the middle of the night with a head full of wicked ideas,
but cant do nuffin coz the rest of the house is asleep !
then by the time i wake the following day, i forget everything !

must start taking pad and pen to bed !

beets the blow sheep any day lmfao

professor
15-09-2003, 04:29 PM
What I have found to be really useful is to spend a few days making nothing but 4 bar loops.

I get maybe five or six done, then I'll spend the next little bit doing quick sequencing and edits. Then later after I have several sequenced tracks i go back and do the modulations/volume changes/sweeps/etc.

Some will think this method will lose the original feel to the track, but i kinda like the way the track progresses according to diferent moods and different parts of the week.

The real trouble I have is knowing when to stop working a track...so I guess I'm the opposite of you folk, I got finished tracks...or are they finished?

DJZeMig_L
22-09-2003, 04:20 AM
Acid.. get a little voice recorder!! always keep it by your bed side table...

Always try 2 start and finish a track.. if somewhere in between u get another ideia, save it and get back 2 the original track!!

Change only when u get 2 a stand still!!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==