PDA

View Full Version : who's your 4 in the middle for england ?

nick_anarchy
16-06-2006, 06:26 PM
is lampard in the way of gerrards support of the strikers as we know hes not in the same class as gerrard .... would beckham be better to sit and give lennon a go on the right with his pace , and we all know joe cole is the man for the left ... dont we ?

Traxx
16-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Good question. To be honest im not sure whats best for the starting 4. All i know is that gerrards wasted playin the holding role, either lampards gotta sit or beckham does. Gerrard need to have the ball bursting into there final third of the pitch. But we all know that softa arse is gonna keep things as they are coz he aint got the bottle to drop either beckham or lamaprd coz he aint got no tactical nouse about him at all. Sooner he's gone the better.

nick_anarchy
16-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Good question. To be honest im not sure whats best for the starting 4. All i know is that gerrards wasted playin the holding role, either lampards gotta sit or beckham does. Gerrard need to have the ball bursting into there final third of the pitch. But we all know that softa arse is gonna keep things as they are coz he aint got the bottle to drop either beckham or lamaprd coz he aint got no tactical nouse about him at all. Sooner he's gone the better.

thats it spot on .. i do think lampard has to be droped tbh , beckham does well for england and works a hell of a lot .... we need pace on the wings , cara didnt give us that with the over laps for becks which g neville does , the only good thing he does infact :lol:

i just hope he sorts his head out or lampard pulls his plonker out and starts to show the form he has for chelsea and put it in to england

DJsmallpaul
16-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Lennon,Beckham,Gerrard,Cole

phantomdj
16-06-2006, 09:46 PM
dropping beckham is out of the question. he is a gem and truly compliments gerrard.

lampard is a good player. no doubt about it, but if england are to win then we need the team that will win and gerrard must be given that free role.

beckham, gerrard, crouch, rooney on the pitch at the same time with hargreaves doing the holding role is what must be implemented. if lampard is on the pitch then we might as well kiss gerrards talent goodbye because it is watsed when he sits back...

is sven an idiot? i mean, what has he got against gerrard? why pick him if only to use him as some extra?

djfase
16-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Lennon,Beckham,Gerrard,Cole

Agreed

But i think one has to go to accomodate a holding player ie carrick then gerrard can go forward.

Its a very difficult choice and one i would not like to make

french_og
17-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I can't see the point of a holding player, we have a strong enough defence and our problem is creating. Lampard and Gerrard agaisnt the better teams should both be able to create and hold and communicate.

Lampard was our top goalscorer in qualifying and got into good positins the other night although was guity of some unusual misses for him.

I don't think the 4 in the middle and the balance is the problem, it is the long ball rubbish they are playing, Gerrard Lampard and Beckham are all guilty of getting to the half way line and hitting long dioganal balls up to Crouch.

Argentina don't do that, they play a nice quick short passing game, we seem to want a extra touch all the time.

That said we played against 2 sides like in qualifying for the world cup who put 11 players behind the ball, i am condident against Sweden and in the knockout stages when we are playing sides who will try to go at us the game will be more open and suit our game.

For me the midfield is fine the way it is, just the tactics needs changing. We do have a solid midfield and defence and i can't see many goals being scrored against us. Gerrard although is a wonderfull player going forward is also solid in the middle. Not many midfielders are going to runs past him.

jam
17-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Cole Carrick Beckham

Gerrard

Lampard used to have one up on Gerrard because of his goal scoring but now Stevie G has added it to his game and offers alot more in other areas,his passing and tackling are 1000,000 times better than Lampards.Micheal Carrick is deffinatly the best option in the holding role.

The only other option would be to play Gerrard on the right and drop Beckham into the holding role but that would prob cancel Lampard out anyway.

Will
18-06-2006, 02:52 AM
Just let the normal 4 get forward and support the strikers, Rio can be the holding midfielder and Terry the sweeper, sorted! I think Rooney would make a big difference though, once he's fit, tactically as much as anything, link the midfield and attack so we don't need the long ball to Crouch and playing through balls for Owen.

lukekendall
19-06-2006, 09:32 AM
i would play 5 in the middle, have carrick in the holding role with lampard and gerrard set to attack with rooney upfront, cole and beckham on the wings

gary_human
22-06-2006, 10:20 PM
cole, carrick, gerrard, lennon.

278d7e64a374de26f==