PDA

View Full Version : England team for Tuesday?

Will
18-06-2006, 04:08 AM
I think we should rest the players on yellows, if we can, we only need a draw to top the group and our defence is alright. I suppose we should probably start Owen and Rooney, but I want Walcott to get a chance and Carrick and someone in the middle... could maybe move Cole in field alongside Carrick and play Downing on the right, or Beckham with Lennon on the right...

I'm not too sure about Jenas or Hargreaves, but could give one of them a chance I suppose...

Will
18-06-2006, 04:08 AM
That should be Downing on the left of course!

djfase
18-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Yea owen and rooney.

Sven will hope owen scores so that he doesnt have to drop him for the knockouts.

It will be easier for sven to drop crouch than owen. Give carrick a game and also bridge, and downing

dan the acid man
20-06-2006, 04:17 PM
hargreaves............................nooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo

lukekendall
20-06-2006, 05:20 PM
well i bet he does play hargreeves and hopefully he will be shit so he dont play him again, tho saying that sven will proberbly play him more if he is crap!!!.......... usless tosser

thats the only change he will make

my bet is owen scores a tap in and is the national hero ;) :lol:

SlavikSvensk
20-06-2006, 06:49 PM
i hope we kick your asses 4-0 today. but i bet it will be 0-0, 1-1, or 1-0 in some direction or anyother :)

force
20-06-2006, 08:36 PM
We have'nt beaten you for 38 years or something silly.....bout time we did hehe

SlavikSvensk
20-06-2006, 08:40 PM
true true but how many f those matches were 0-0 or 1-1? quite a few ;)

koma
20-06-2006, 08:54 PM
ajmooo svediiiii :mrgreen:

force
20-06-2006, 09:39 PM
oh my ****in god ..... did you just see cole's goal??????? :dance:

rotten
20-06-2006, 09:49 PM
yea nice one

that was a proper sunday-goal!

koma
20-06-2006, 10:53 PM
excellent match

Traxx
20-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Really?

If it wasnt for individual performances from the likes of cole & gerrard we would be ****ed. They were shite again. Owen's gone, rooneys not fit & he wont play wallcott. Why the **** he took him i dont know. All mouth again.

inger-land inger-land inger-land inger-land etc

basslinejunkie
20-06-2006, 11:16 PM
'were shite and we know we are' and on and on and on.

SlavikSvensk
21-06-2006, 01:24 AM
heja sverige! heja sverige! heja! heja! heja!

we looked sh*t as well much of the match, buy y'all still can't beat us!

cole's goal was indeed a thing of beauty though i must say...

dan the acid man
21-06-2006, 01:35 AM
yeah, coles goal was a stunner, when he first hit it, i thought he'd missed by miles, but then it dipped :cool:

we looked poor yet again, owen looks like he could be out for the rest of the matches now :( rooney is nowhere near sharp enough yet.

im not surprised really, we always play like this, and yet our media always goes on about how great we are.

there's still hope though, if we do start playing as a team, in a system we like, then who knows, we've gone this far by playing shit

SlavikSvensk
21-06-2006, 04:08 AM
you lot looked great in the first half but seemed confused and unable to adjust for most of the second...whereas we looked outclassed and asleep in the first and improved greatly for most of the second...

french_og
21-06-2006, 07:55 AM
I was a little disapointed he never brought on Walcott for Owen, it would of been a straight swap. With a player like Owen playin off the last shoulder it gives Rooney more space instead the defence with Crouch on could play higher up the pitch.

It was a good 1st half performance but shocking 2nd. Joe Cole and Owen Hargreaves played well for us.

Think we seem to play better when we up the tempo.

Bring on Equador!!!

Esox Lucius
21-06-2006, 09:19 AM
there's only one henrik larsson!

come back to parkhead big fella :(

Si the Sigh
21-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Awesome 1st half, piss poor 2nd.

Better, but not good enough.

I don't think England are going much further in this world cup TBH...

lukekendall
21-06-2006, 09:34 AM
right i said it at the start of the tournement when that twat sven did not take defoe he has ****ed it up for us!!!!

i did not say it as im a spurs fan but a england one!!

owen is now out and there is no doubt in my mind that if defoe was on the bench that match he would have come straight on for owen!!

sven has ****ed up by taking walcott he never seen him play and obviously now he has in training he has seen he aint good enough otherwise he would of brought him on

sven is a joke...................

now he is going to play 4.5.1 all the time as he has ****ed up not taking a 5th striker or one thats good enough

Miksta
21-06-2006, 01:52 PM
sven is a joke...................

I said that about the FA the day he became manager :P

Will
21-06-2006, 02:03 PM
He probably wouldn't have played Defoe either, but there was no point taking Walcott if he wasn't going to play him, this was the perfect opportunity to give him a game, shame Crouch didn't get booked so he couldn't cop out in the next game... This is why he should have been picking the likes of Walcott and Downing before the tournament, he made a bold selection without backing it up by bedding them into the team or anything... The sooner we get knocked out the sooner we'll be rid of the knob head at least, though whether McLaren will be any better I don't know...

Traxx
21-06-2006, 02:12 PM
The sooner we get knocked out the sooner we'll be rid of the knob head at least, though whether McLaren will be any better I don't know...

sad but true.

lukekendall
21-06-2006, 03:06 PM
He probably wouldn't have played Defoe either, but there was no point taking Walcott if he wasn't going to play him, this was the perfect opportunity to give him a game, shame Crouch didn't get booked so he couldn't cop out in the next game... This is why he should have been picking the likes of Walcott and Downing before the tournament, he made a bold selection without backing it up by bedding them into the team or anything... The sooner we get knocked out the sooner we'll be rid of the knob head at least, though whether McLaren will be any better I don't know...

svens a knob owens replacement should be walcott not crouch! so that proves he has made a wrong decision again by taking walcott

phantomdj
21-06-2006, 06:56 PM
get rid of lampard.... he is clearly trying to prove something, which (ironically) unfortunately for him is what the rest of the public think.. ie he is not good enough when we have gerrard as the midfield engine of england.

he offers little and it took moments of brilliance from certain individuals to spare our blushes....

germany are a lot better than us .... we are lucky we avoided them.

force
21-06-2006, 07:05 PM

Is his contract up at Barca then??

SlavikSvensk
21-06-2006, 07:14 PM
sven is leaving england no matter what. he's a great manager but at the club level, and his time as england manager has shown that he's either unsuited to international football, to the british media environment, or both. after england he'll probably return to italy and do an excellent job...

Traxx
21-06-2006, 07:21 PM

Is his contract up at Barca then??

He's already left. Wants to end his carrer back home. Helsinbourg (?) or someone.

278d7e64a374de26f==