PDA

View Full Version : dj contracts?

Col
15-09-2003, 11:08 PM
just wondering how many dj's have come across a contract, as in an agreement with a promoter to play at a certain venue, at a certain date, at a certain time, etc.

do you normally use them with promoters that you no little about?

have you never ever used one?

or do you use them all of the time, friends included?

Col
15-09-2003, 11:18 PM
or on the other hand, how many promoters issue them?

herman
16-09-2003, 04:46 PM
if its a gig that one of my agency's has sorted it's always using a contract if i do it myself (which is pretty rare these days) then i dont bother too much.

Mickey
16-09-2003, 05:00 PM
We as a agency work in 95% of all cases with a contract. we had to much problems in the past! it's a shame it has to be like this...

Hakka.
16-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Dance Academy are contract run. I think it's a bit harsh as DJ's can't play in other clubs in Plymouth without having problems with DA.

I know two nights which residents or locals have pulled out to a non-competitive night just because they fear loosing favour at DA.

Shame... as no night wants to compete (or could compete with) DA on a Sat night... they just want to have a good small night on the friday!

T
18-09-2003, 12:58 PM
From my relativel;y amateur experiences, I have mostly played for nout, though used to get small amount of cash in hand for doing a regular night, anything from £15-£30 depending on bar etc and usually some beer thrown in. Did a student end of year party at a university that a mate promoted & organised, and got some contract through the post for that, just filled in a form and got my money paid minus tax. still, most money I ever got from playing records!
But not playing out much at the mo so what do i kinow. I suppose the bigger and more legit the night ,the more likely dj's will get contracts????

Jay M
18-09-2003, 01:21 PM
tbh i depend what club im playing it if i do contracts or not but if its for any of the djs on the agency and not myself then a contract is a must.

duncandisorderly
16-02-2004, 04:18 PM
just wondering how many dj's have come across a contract.

do you normally use them with promoters that you no little about?

have you never ever used one?

or do you use them all of the time, friends included?

who do you want killed ? :nono: :lol: :nono: :lol:

ADDI
17-02-2004, 05:29 PM
When booking dj's i always insist on a contract if none are automatically issued! but when it comes to dj's i know i dont bother with them!!!!

contracts can be a good thing or just a license for trouble in some cases!!

academy boi
20-02-2004, 07:56 PM
being relitivly good friends with tom i understand why he uses contracts and such he doesnt care what they do on any other night apart from saturday

Louk
21-02-2004, 03:30 PM
haha wicked Dreamscape 28 has S.O.S.A - The Wave (additive) - the first record i ever bought

amazing tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louk

Louk
21-02-2004, 03:30 PM
wrong post

contracts are bad.

Louk

278d7e64a374de26f==