PDA

View Full Version : Owen out for minimum of 5 months with Cruciate Knee Ligament

Hakka
21-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Poor lad. How unlucky can Michael (and Newcastle Utd & England) get.

Will
21-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah, shame that, he always seems to score on the big occasion so I was expecting him to start scoring in the knock out stages... Now we're down to 3 strikers for the rest of the tournament, however far we get, and I dunno how much action Walcott will get... And Crouch and Rooney doesn't seem like a great partnership, so maybe it'll be 4-5-1 which will probably be even worse, just hope Rooney's the one if so...

DJsmallpaul
21-06-2006, 03:00 PM
:( Bastard

lukekendall
21-06-2006, 03:07 PM
would of put money on him getting injured........

Will
21-06-2006, 03:10 PM
I dunno, he usually seems to miss half the season, but be alright for England!

french_og
21-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I think Ferguson is right banning his players from wearing the blade boots.

I am gutted for Owen and England. Think Walcott may of come on if Ferdinand never got injured last night. But with only one substitution left and with England struggling he had to bring on Gerrard.

Not sure what formation I would go for now. Not sure I like Crouch and Rooney as a strikeforce but not sure they is too many other realistic options.

Traxx
21-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Not a chance in hell walcott would of or will come on.

Hakka
21-06-2006, 04:05 PM

Then why did Sven take him? does he hate Defoe & Bent that much?

:lol:

Seem's really gay this situation. Walcott should have played last night, at least then if he is shit we can justify him not playing. Crouch is on a yellow, so if he was yellow carded, that would leave us with Rooney & Walcott as the only 2 strikers. Rooney seems way off match fitness too.

lukekendall
21-06-2006, 04:40 PM

Then why did Sven take him? does he hate Defoe & Bent that much?

:lol:

Seem's really gay this situation. Walcott should have played last night, at least then if he is shit we can justify him not playing. Crouch is on a yellow, so if he was yellow carded, that would leave us with Rooney & Walcott as the only 2 strikers. Rooney seems way off match fitness too.

sven took him as he is a complete twat!

he never seen him play i mean is it just me or is that a joke??

he spoke to wenger and asked for his advice?????? he is french why would he care.........

the way i see it is sven has now seen him in training and seen he is thinking shit i made a mistake here he aint ready for the big stage

most teams take 5 strikers to the world cup, sven took 1!!!!!! 2 were not fit and one that was never going to play...........

i hopes depend on a bean pole...................

Traxx
21-06-2006, 05:18 PM
He picked Walcott so that he looked good in the papers for a few weeks in the lead up to the cup, especially with everyone having a go at him for not taking risks. He probably wanted everyone talking about something other then Rooney as well. He wouldn’t of took Walcott if he wasn’t offskis after the cup that’s for sure. He's a ****in joke of a manager who has made himself & the country (again) look like tits so far. Its backfired in taking Walcott big time. You only ever here his name in the paper along with “why is he there?” or something about his latest shopping trip with his tart….so were gonna have to try & long ball our way through due to sven taking only one match fit striker in crouch with lampard blasting shots everywhere but on target with gerrards abilities are wasted defending.

Great.

french_og
21-06-2006, 05:19 PM
They could of took defoe anyway instead of Jenus, he is not good enough and also never gonna play.

Think we still have enough to beat Equador but could play either Holland or Argentina in the quarters - I am a little worried about beating them without Owen.

lukekendall
22-06-2006, 09:32 AM
They could of took defoe anyway instead of Jenus, he is not good enough and also never gonna play.

Think we still have enough to beat Equador but could play either Holland or Argentina in the quarters - I am a little worried about beating them without Owen.

true jenas should not of gone, he aint good enough, defoe is

rotten
22-06-2006, 12:04 PM
we lucky germany ;)

Will
22-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Let's just say neither's good enough. ;) We'll face Ecuador then Holland probably and even though we're struggling I still think we can beat them both if things go our way - no thanks to Sven of course.

basslinejunkie
22-06-2006, 02:28 PM
beat holland? i think youve smoked too much of their shit!!

Will
22-06-2006, 03:34 PM
They're not all that, I think our defence should be able to handle the likes of Ruud, Robben and van Persie and we usually get a goal or two from somewhere. Plus I expect our players to show more of what they're capable of in the knock out stages, they'll be a different type of game.

phantomdj
22-06-2006, 07:13 PM
They're not all that, I think our defence should be able to handle the likes of Ruud, Robben and van Persie and we usually get a goal or two from somewhere. Plus I expect our players to show more of what they're capable of in the knock out stages, they'll be a different type of game.

agreed....

robben is a puff

278d7e64a374de26f==