PDA

View Full Version : FL use loop points vs Time stretching

tracatak
22-06-2006, 01:11 AM
use loop points vs Time stretching

the ? is... :) can some1 explain USE LOOP POINTS..sometimes in the PL/playlist the loops tends to run on too long after its told to stop in the step sequncer ....sometimes the loop has to have USE LOOP POINTS checked/clicked/highlighted....to get it to stop other times it doesnt...is the cuz maybe i have to shorten the OUT .(which is similar to a cut off i guess..just fades the loop out shorter n shorter...u know what i mean..lol.. )...WHEN i right click on TIME and i select 1 BAR so it loops at the speed i want...but does some time havve a tendecy to over run into a breakdown that i dont want it to....even more trouble when i export then import a nice distorted loop after i get it the way i want it...any help? :paranoid:

thanks

RDR
22-06-2006, 02:09 AM
o.k.

So you have made the loop stretch to 1bar. I personally have never had a loop run over like that... SO... this means you are missing something.. TBH i cant think what. the scenario doesnt sound likely to me.

Perhaps you could also tell us what the version is you are using. It might help.

By shortening the OUt do you mean shorteing the 'CUT BY' setting in each samples channel?

;)

eyeswithoutaface
22-06-2006, 10:32 AM
sounds to me the loops just arnt looped/cut properly, i use fruity 90% of the time and ive never had this problem

DJZeMigL
22-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Fruity can almost automatically get yer loop in time with the music. Look it up in the help 'cause it's dead easy.

Now I don't really understand what u want but here's a little tip that might go down the avenue U r trying 2 explore.

First right click on the channel where u have yer sample and choose "cut itself". Now when ever u need a certain loop to end at a determined point, make a new pattern with a step exactly where u want it to finish a make that step with 0 velocity/ volume... do that in the graph editor... if u want it slightly b4 or after in the same graph editor choose shift and play around 'till it sounds right!

Now bare in mind that U need the loop to b properly cut for it 2 "beatmatch" the time of the music.. with out that there is magic possible!

Z

RDR
22-06-2006, 05:37 PM
BLimey

Zemigl

Thought you were dead mate...

Hows it hanging?

tracatak
23-06-2006, 01:05 AM
very nice...ty i will try all of this...once again u all come thru...love this place..

278d7e64a374de26f==