PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza

soma
22-06-2006, 12:37 PM
holy sh*t.

I just got back from ibiza. I wanted to go once to say i'd done it, I'm getting on a bit now. I thought it was gonna be all house and stuff which i dont mind, I can get down with some of it- BUT I was blown away.

Every night i went to was some form of techno. Space - minimal ritchie hawtin style. DC 10, well need i say more. that place was banging, even kate lawler from big brother was there licking her lips all day and night, getting down to the techno, the hound, haha. I got dragged to pascha as some of the people i was was with had had enough of the techno. Guess what, they played banging sets in the main roon all night, and acid house in the other room. Amazing. lol.

Stayed in a villa by the old town which was beautiful. Not a san antonio beer boy in site.

I'll definately go back.

Anyone got any circo loco sets they know i can download. I've found one which is cool.

overandout.

Si the Sigh
22-06-2006, 12:45 PM
My mates going to Ibiza on Friday and was worried that there won't be much techno. I'll let him know it seems theres plenty! :cheese:

koma
22-06-2006, 12:53 PM
guys, guys.. you're always after techno...
why can't you enjoy some, lets say, Erick Morillo or Roger Sanchez.. :cheese:

Frank Dogshit
22-06-2006, 01:27 PM
techno is probably the most heard music youll get in ibiza,as is the case anywhere in spain thesedays. they go mad for it.

you got liebings night 'spin' on sundays with guests speedy j/brian sanhaji

mondays,cocoon

tues- coxy

wed- meganite....carolas resident this year. enough said

friday- la communidad...which for me is the best techno night out there. very local crowd,but people who are really into the music. they get reeko,d'wachman,christian wunsch on there regularly.

soma
22-06-2006, 01:44 PM
oh my god, why did no one tell me this before.

I've missed out all these years arrrg. haha.

Bora Bora was pretty cool too. Bit of dirty electro house and everyone dancing on the beach.

I have to say though the only thing that really let things down was having to pay 9 euros for a bottle of beer. ouch... that was tough on the pocket and i was gagging for beers all thru the night.

I recommend the rock bar in ibiza old town. Some manchester dude owns it. To get your night started.

Jay Pace
25-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Just got back from ibiza
Was a bit weird. Went straight from Sonar festiva, bit of a culture shock - poncey wankers and beer boys everywhere. But you settle in quickly and start to enjoy it.

Meganite was a bit rubbish. Carola was decent, but club was full of 18-30s types, girls in bunny girl outfits on hen nights and gurning kids in ben sherman.
Adam beyer tried really hard but fell flat.
And Mauro Picotto is without a doubt one of the worst techno djs I have ever seen. If he can even be called that. Seen more talent and creativity come out of a jukebox.

Play a track out in full, mix into another one quickly, strike the God pose everytime there's a breakdown, and fiddle pointlessly with the EQ to try and make out like he is responsible for the breakdown in the tune. Utter, utter wanker.

Went to Monza's opening party at Space which was quaaaaaality. Mandy was the highlight for me. Futuristic minimal techno - class.
Booker Shade were class as well - ace to see live drumming.

A funny place all in all. Had loads of fun, but difficult not to feel a bit like you are being raped, paying €6 for a tiny panda pop bottle of water, or €10 for a ****ing bottle of beer. You can easily blow €50 just keeping hydrated during the course of an evening.

Beatiful beaches. Obscene amounts of silicon titties and sculpted buttocks.
Overall very easy on the eye and entertaining if you don't take yourself or other people too seriously.

conflict
25-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Play a track out in full, mix into another one quickly, strike the God pose everytime there's a breakdown, and fiddle pointlessly with the EQ to try and make out like he is responsible for the breakdown in the tune. Utter, utter wanker.

:lol:

Dirtyacid
08-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Oh s**tter im going for 2 week,s next year better start planning the local bank robberey then because my job ain,t gunna cover it ha ha ha

davethedrummer
08-07-2006, 04:58 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

stjohn
08-07-2006, 06:16 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MARKEG
09-07-2006, 11:00 AM
played in ibiza in 88 and then never been back, despite loads of ppl asking. don't want to ruin the memories :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==