PDA

View Full Version : ROBOT MIND "DIRT NAP" DOWNTEMPO ELEKTRO

BRADLEE
26-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Well just something for another guise of mine that I'm working on. These will be a selected works of Downtempo Elektro, Industrial, and anything else broken beat. Obviously very differant from my normal harder stuff.... This track in particular I am still going to add vocals to. This you could say is the Instrumental version. Hopefully some will enjoy it.

http://uncle.blogs.com/photos/one_plus_stencil_art/robots.jpg

http://iluvtekno.com/ROBOT_MIND_DIRTNAP.mp3

audioinjection
28-06-2006, 06:10 AM
cool track man! i like all that atmosphere.......probably just needs some mix down work thats all

get some dirty bass vocals in there! :)

good shit brad

BRADLEE
28-06-2006, 05:59 PM
cool track man! i like all that atmosphere.......probably just needs some mix down work thats all

get some dirty bass vocals in there! :)

good shit brad

Thanks homie. I'm glad that somebody took a listen...ha ha

I think you're correct as well. I believe that the snare gets covered at times by the kick. And I also think those vocal samples are bit too loud at points. So will sort that out as well.

As for some vocals by Steve in here, that would be ill. I'm trying to do my own set, but I don't have much experiance trying to work vocals into a track yet other than samples. So when I add my voice it just doesn't seem right to me.

Then again, i could be going about adding those in entirely the wrong way as well.
:lol:

lau
28-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Where the the fudge did my comment go..?? nah should be somewhere in an other post looking really weird now...

Aw anyways it went a bit like this..:

blalblblabla... Nice track.. blalbblabla

Sounding much more clean than your usual productions blablabla must be cos its not so full as you usual stuff blablabla so easier to mix... blabla....

bla bla

THink some of the sounds could use some polishing tho just to make the track sound a bit phatter blabalbal

thats about it me thinks...

:rambo:

BRADLEE
28-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Where the the fudge did my comment go..?? nah should be somewhere in an other post looking really weird now...

Aw anyways it went a bit like this..:

blalblblabla... Nice track.. blalbblabla

Sounding much more clean than your usual productions blablabla must be cos its not so full as you usual stuff blablabla so easier to mix... blabla....

bla bla

THink some of the sounds could use some polishing tho just to make the track sound a bit phatter blabalbal

thats about it me thinks...

:rambo:

Hmmm, blah blah blah Thanks.

Blah blah blah what did Lau say? :lol:

ha ha, just ****ing with you homie. Thanks for lsitening and leaving me feedback homie. I'm glad you seem to like it.

BloodStar
29-06-2006, 12:25 PM
nice track. deffo different than your common stuff, cool.
i like all the atmo sounds around,. they are bringin nice mood in there.. production part of thing is what i cant comment too much right now, as i am at work on headphones. track sounds nice, maybe just some little phattening on some of sounds would be nice, but ok..

BRADLEE
30-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks Vlasta.

stjohn
01-07-2006, 09:49 PM
id love to hear some lyrics on this type of shit... nice n dark!! good work horse.. nice to see a new direction.

dirty_bass
02-07-2006, 02:22 AM
Well, nice change.
I`d have to say this is probably the most professional sounding thing I`ve heard from you so far. The mix is well balanced, and the sounds have room to breath, so if played on a rig, they wouldn`t distort or mash.

I`d say, as there is an electro sound going on here, that the mix could do with a more analogue feel. More warmth and movement in the mix.
I like the bassline, nice.

However after a while things kinda get a bit samey, and I was waiting for some really killer, ice cold synth line to come in and burn my retina. But it never happens.

Good electro, but could do with more synth work to keep interest I reckon.

Mindful
08-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Great stuff Brad, realy realy good to see you working somthing more than, hmmm, erm, well than usual:)
Production sounds very nice and very enjoyable to listen too.

fresh_an_funky_design
09-07-2006, 03:10 PM
great stuff brad, love the bassline. could do with another element after the break. good to see u branching out

bmovie
10-07-2006, 06:28 AM
Great new wave!
Reminds me the atmosphere of early 80's Snowy Red / Joy Division and the likes.
Nice use of dblue Glitch ;)

BRADLEE
11-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Yeah I've still not sorted out another line for this one yet...I will do so, but I just get side tracked working on differant projects at times. I'm going to post another little breakbeat thing I just did. Hopefully some will also enjoy it.

loopdon
12-07-2006, 11:17 PM
cool electro goodness - nice to see you are a master of all trades :) really nicely done!!

will listen to your latest work now...

loopdon
12-07-2006, 11:18 PM
cool electro goodness - nice to see you are a master of all trades :) really nicely done!!

will listen to your latest work now...

BRADLEE
14-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Thanks Martin :)

278d7e64a374de26f==