PDA

View Full Version : [Manchester]- Locked - Paul Damage - Makaton - Matt Blak

26-06-2006, 08:52 PM
locked Rodz-Konez records night

Friday 14th July 2006
£7 OTD / £6 b4 11

Email for £6 reduced entry

Paul 'Damage' Bailey (House of God, 1881)
Makaton (Rodz-Konez)
Matt Blak (Epoch Worx)

Residents Jay Knight and Adam Rayner

Joshua Brookes, Charles st, Off Oxford rd, Manchester.

For more info go to / contact us at:
www.lockedrecords.co.uk / lockedrecords@hotmail.com

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/media2/flyers/14.07.06.gif

Here is a little map to show you where Joshua Brookes is in relation to the other venues we have been at :

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/joshua-map/map.gif

Paul Damage House of God, 1881

Paul Bailey started out as a self taught hip hop DJ in the late 80’s within Britain’s industrial heartland, where abandoned factories and crumbling warehouses provided both the inspiration and the setting for the birth of the UK acid house scene. From here came a lengthy sojourn into Britain’s black country where he soon helped establish one of Birmingham’s first techno clubs - unleashing uncompromising new electronika upon on a rapidly expanding underground techno scene.

This also inspired the gathering of some of the most influential names in techno including Sir Real (Round records/Kracktronic) and Surgeon (Dynamic Tension/Counterbalance) who together with Paul Bailey would shortly form the backbone residency of the now infamous ‘House of God’ underground techno club. The raised mesh walkways, decaying concrete and uneasy contours of the ‘Dance Factory’ – the then home of the H.O.G - proved the perfect host for Paul (Damage) Bailey to launch a blistering assault upon an increasingly sterile and magazine led UK dance music scene.The House of God celebrated its 12th anniversary in 2005 and as one of the original residents, Paul Bailey’s highly individual hip hop-infused style and technical skill remains the vanguard of H.O.Gs unswerving following.In collaboration with the clubs long standing promoter, Paul Bailey produced and released several titles under the H.O.G Records Banner to far reaching critical acclaim. The ensuing expansion onto the international stage brought bookings throughout Europe and the Far East.
Now recording under his real name for his own groundbreaking ‘1881 Records’ imprint, Paul Bailey’s most recent releases such as "Fashon Arrest", "Change the Promise" and "saturday Boy" received both national and international airplay – testament once more to the creativity and innovation that has become his Trademark

MAKATON (Rodz-Konez)

Makaton is 32 year old Steve Bailey. Born in Birmingham, UK.
Steve started the Rodz-Konez label in 1999; Makaton is the main artist on the label.
There have been 15 releases on Rodz-Konez so far, with 'MAK016 Makaton 'America, America Is Killing It's Youth' scheduled for late 2006. Makaton hosts Livefeed, a monthly transmission live video / audio from @ Rodz-Konez Studio, with guest mixes from Surgeon, Dave Tarrida, Oscar Mulero, Regis, Female and all Rodz-Konez artists.In 2006 Makaton has been busy playing live sets on the Rodz-Konez "Irreversible Tour" in the UK and Europe. He's affiliated with fellow Birmingham producers: Surgeon, Regis, Female, Paul Bailey.
Future releases for Surface Records (UK), RSB (UK) a remix for Emergence (SWE).
Makaton releases continue to be charted and played by the underdogs|overdogs of techno.

Matt Blak(Epoch Worx)

Matt returns to locked for his third time. He has always been known to deliver the harder edged sound to our dance floor, with his dirty live sets, incorporating a combination of hardware and software to produce his own exclusive sound. With the success of his label e’poch worx , he hasfound more opportunity to express his musical influence. Aquiring high chart positions from artist’s like The Advent and Inigo Kennedy, and also tracks featuring in mix compilations around the world. Playing live at various clubs he has gained reputation as one of the new breed of techno artists to emerge from the U.K. Matt has given us hard pounding tracks along with artist’s like
Jamie Bissmire, Ben Long, DJ Bam Bam and DJ Amok, with the future holding releases with The Advent, Wla Garcia and Leo Laker.
Now with a new direction, E’poch Worx 5 features the latest of Matt’s work under his new alias Element3, with a more stripped down percussive sound fused together with bad ass leads.

jock
26-06-2006, 09:41 PM
quite looking forward to this one, hope i can make it.

Really impressed with the venue as well, quality for ben sims!!

Technobitch
26-06-2006, 09:53 PM
boooooooooooooooooo i wanted to go to this one but ill be in the dam!

Traxx
26-06-2006, 10:49 PM
There's worse places you could be http://forum.nwdnb.co.uk/images/smilies/canni.gif http://forum.nwdnb.co.uk/images/smilies/hihi.gif

nick_anarchy
26-06-2006, 11:01 PM
gutted im away too ...

Technobitch
29-06-2006, 04:02 PM
There's worse places you could be http://forum.nwdnb.co.uk/images/smilies/canni.gif http://forum.nwdnb.co.uk/images/smilies/hihi.gif

true!! ill be at dance valley too so not like ill be missing out on me techno hit :techno:

ds2
30-06-2006, 02:42 PM
110% definitely there this time. we're getting the train over so if anyone from leeds fancies a meet up for beers on the way over drop us a pm.

fils_here
30-06-2006, 02:48 PM
will have to get down manchester one night & check the locked night out for sure!

10-07-2006, 10:36 PM
this friday people, show your support

Element3
11-07-2006, 04:21 PM
looking foward to it :twisted:

Frank Dogshit
11-07-2006, 11:04 PM
cant wait for this mutha****er!

there like a great crested grebe!!

Matt Blak
13-07-2006, 10:00 AM
not long now :twisted:

Technobitch
20-07-2006, 12:57 PM
hope you all had a good night?!

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2006, 01:37 PM
yeah it was a top notch night....some fantastic music being played.
Ad kicked things off nicely,Makaton were dark and fierce as usual...Major props to Matt though who i thought played the set of the night,played some wicked offbeat stuff. Aswell as that new epoch worx track(keep your eyes peeled for that bad mutha)

Paul damage was pretty on form,less banging than ive seen him recently...but it was nice to hear him do something different.

Looking forward to the next 2 nights,inparticular Mark Williams!!!

Traxx
20-07-2006, 01:40 PM
What months mark williams?

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2006, 03:26 PM
september.

theyve got dominik muller on aswell who is nailz.

Traxx
20-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Sound. Never heard of him, have to keep my eye out for a set.

Matt Blak
20-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Major props to Matt though who i thought played the set of the night,played some wicked offbeat stuff. Aswell as that new epoch worx track(keep your eyes peeled for that bad mutha)

thanks for the comment mate, it means alot, respect ;)

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2006, 04:57 PM
http://www.silence-agency.org/media.php3

check out dominic muller stuff here....

Traxx
20-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Gutted. Set cut out with a min to go now there not workin.

retox
23-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Is there one in aug? If so what date? I'm hoping its the weekend i get back home, get back on the 9th of aug! :)

Frank Dogshit
24-07-2006, 10:39 AM
friday the 11th aug mate. player night.

jon nuccle
wilko
mark turner

retox
25-07-2006, 01:06 PM
woohoooo!!!! a getting home party!!!! you up for going out for a curry or summet before hand so that i can get a good catch up with you all?

Technobitch
26-07-2006, 11:12 AM
god dam! i have my niece staying with me that week! all week! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm she is 12, can i sneek her into the club? dont wana miss another locked, ill have to get my house maye to look after her

278d7e64a374de26f==