PDA

View Full Version : TB-303-Spanking!

Si the Sigh
28-06-2006, 03:49 PM
http://www.salon.com/urge/feature/1999/01/07feature.html

We were in the bedroom. She was being absolutely unreasonable and would not listen to me. Out of sheer frustration, I grabbed her, threw her over my knee and administered a thorough bare-handed disciplining ... after which she jumped up, attacked me and tore off my clothes. We had the hottest, most passionate sex we had had in years.

The connection between the two acts was not lost on me. But I was too busy suffering through our separation and divorce over the next couple years to think about it much.

I belong to a small mailing list on the Internet dedicated to analog synthesizers, their upkeep, market value, use, repairs, modifications: traditional Internet geek speak, in other words. For the most part these discussions remain tame and technical, but several years ago, an Australian named Robin Whittle, legendary in synthesizer circles for the modifications he developed for a little synth known as the Roland TB-303, reminded me of my spanking experience with a rather unorthodox letter he posted to the list.

At first the letter seemed unremarkable -- he was describing the genesis of his modifications, the intent and the results. And then, as the piece progressed, odd tidbits popped up. Discussing the TB-303 as fetish, he wrote: "Some people have to have the pure, original machine, so they can sound like their heroes. This is fetishism of a boring, narrowing kind." (Fetishism, presumably for Whittle, is fine when it leads to fresh combinations -- as in, I have a substantial collection of exotic corsetry and bonzai trees.)

We hadn't seen anything like this on the list before. Whittle developed the spanking/discipline/synthesizer theme for the rest of the piece, stressing the erotic act of pushing one's synthesizer to its limits.

"Investigate feedback loops [in the studio] and tweak them beyond stability. Dim the lights, flex your arms, turn on the tape-recorder, and deliver the punishment your studio/synthesizer needs to find its true voice -- wailing into new musical territory."

On visiting his Web site, I discovered several lengthy essays about spanking, discipline, masculinity, as well as the TB-303 and various and sundry other topics. Whittle's interest is not so much in spanking as erotic foreplay, although that is part of it, but as a necessary component of male-female relationships. The implication in his writings is that women by nature get out of line and men must assert themselves for the health of the relationship, because they care for and love their women.

:cheese:

electoad
11-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Robin lives just up the road from me :eh: . Maybe we should compare our collection of spanking paddles and 1950's lingerie photos!

davethedrummer
12-07-2006, 12:19 AM
you do know that robin whittle is the guy who invented the devilfish right?

The Germ
12-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Henry u mean the devil didn't invent it.... j/k, yes robin is wikid my devilfish barks though

electoad
12-07-2006, 06:56 AM
I sure do, DTD! I only found out yesterday when I visited his website and saw his "where am i?" section. He also went to the same uni that I'm going to!
I feel very special.

Si the Sigh
12-07-2006, 08:56 AM
you do know that robin whittle is the guy who invented the devilfish right?

Yea man! And what a thing to invent... :cheese:

Awesome 303 fetish.

Si the Sigh
12-07-2006, 08:58 AM
For those who didn't know...

http://www.firstpr.com.au/rwi/dfish/

I'm trying to find that photo of Lawrie Immersion's cased up pair of Devilfish 303's that was posted here ages ago... Now they looked the fu*king dogs bollocks! :cheese:

278d7e64a374de26f==