PDA

View Full Version : Help, experience and analysis needed!!

Alexander
17-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Hi Im new to this site and am glad to find that there are many people also into techno. I am also new to production and have limited gear.

I have posted a clip my track because I would like someone knowledgeable to be able to tell me whats wrong with it etc. I would appreciate any help as you all know that its not easy, and I also dont even know anybody elae that listens to techno anymore.

Much appreciated.

Paul.

http://www.trustclip.com/FMTU1VAER74R0eBPE6BAK57P4MF

MARKEG
17-09-2003, 10:23 PM
you're into old us techno from the likes of steve stoll/damon wild yeah? it certainly soundslike it.

your kick drum is way to high/no bass. there are no bass frequencies at all in this track.

it also seems to me like you believe there is no techno scene anymore. man, you are sooooooooooooo wrong. stay on this forum. listen to the links, get involved with the discussions. you'll soon discover there's a huge movement out there. ;)

Alexander
17-09-2003, 11:30 PM
now I have the internet I intend on using this site often. Thanks for the help, is it just the kick sample that lacks bass. or the whole track. I have trouble getting any power into the track, would just eq'ing fix this?? thanks again :!:

audioinjection
18-09-2003, 05:15 PM
pretty old skool "jack your body" type stuff.

but yeah, I agree w/ Mark, kick is too loud and needs more "oomph" you might wanna compress your overall mix to phatten it up a bit more and maybe turn down the kick in the mix.

278d7e64a374de26f==