PDA

View Full Version : umek

G-BO
30-06-2006, 11:37 PM
ppl talk about djs like mills, clarke dont have the same effect they used to on techno

but at least they still havent really resorted to playing commercial crapand still keep it techno

seen umek in belfast last week and ive never seen for such a once techno pioneer go off in a totally wack direction , sounded like the tune from that citreon ad with the robot on the ice, pure electro house pitched up, ppl think cause hes mixing loadsa tunes makes it techno, i heard 2 hours and not one techno tune played

:techno:

alsynthe
30-06-2006, 11:41 PM
i didnt go, glad i didnt

rhythmtech
30-06-2006, 11:45 PM
he played in dublin a couple of weeks ago. charged over €2000. the room was empty.

ds2
30-06-2006, 11:57 PM
he played in dublin a couple of weeks ago. charged over €2000. the room was empty.

ouch!

know that feeling all too well :lol:

djfilthmonger
01-07-2006, 01:35 AM
he has lost his edge defo... Same with dat dave clarke waste of talent ...
where did it go dont these djs evenbeat match any more r do they like the sound of gallopin horses....

Dirtyacid
01-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I have a couple of cd,s of umek & their total class loadsa three decking & effect,s im not sure about this new direction though get back to the day,s of umek hard techno & the hard / funky techno set,s we all know & love him & valentino rocked at global gathering a few year,s ago what,s going on

killarava2day
01-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Always thought that Umek was a competent DJ...always enjoyed the way he layers his sound.

Has he really lost it?

Traxx
01-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Seen some crackin umek sets way back when. Got some belters downloaded to.

koma
01-07-2006, 01:05 PM
umek is no longer playing harder techno, he's into funkier side for quite some time now

last few years he's more into electro & techhouse aswell + doing remixes for some slovenian pop/rock bands, nathan fake etc.

RDR
01-07-2006, 01:12 PM
going where the money is...

module
01-07-2006, 02:19 PM
G-Bo.. go post that on the Shine site if you reckon it was that bad ;)

and btw, you'd best get in touch with the FP about that date u booked..

module
01-07-2006, 02:21 PM
i dont believe for one minute that hes 'lost it' i jus think hes changed his vibe & ppl dont dig it.

fac
01-07-2006, 02:53 PM
doing remixes for some slovenian pop/rock bands, nathan fake etc.that rmx for nathan fake is a shame. bad --> worse --> umek

koma
01-07-2006, 03:13 PM
heh
nathan said he had no idea about it...

fac
01-07-2006, 03:32 PM
nathan said he had no idea about it...would be no surprise. and the rmx really sounds so. the original is so gooooood but that umek rmx is just... nah...

koma
01-07-2006, 03:51 PM
well, I wont go harsh on Umek
i still think he's capable of making good tunes... maybe he went on some other road, where the money is... but, can you blaim him for that? i'm not sure if i wouldnt if i'd have the chance... something has to pay the bills.

someone above mentioned galloping horses.. what? he can technically eat most djs for breakfast...
lately he's overdoing fx's for my taste, but noone can't deny his skills...

djfilthmonger
02-07-2006, 06:00 PM
well, I wont go harsh on Umek
i still think he's capable of making good tunes... maybe he went on some other road, where the money is... but, can you blaim him for that? i'm not sure if i wouldnt if i'd have the chance... something has to pay the bills.

someone above mentioned galloping horses.. what? he can technically eat most djs for breakfast...
lately he's overdoing fx's for my taste, but noone can't deny his skills...

yeah i said about galloping horses but really that was about dave clarke.Umek is solid as rock when it comes to mixing..

G-BO
02-07-2006, 11:41 PM
who gives a damn about mixing when your playing wack records

seeing he gained his reputation as a techno dj, i can certainly judge him on that basis and then say hes terrible, ok he has a new vibe i dont like it, its not funky techno its loopy electro house for kids

i know he hasnt been playing hardtechno for sometime, i enjoyed sets he was playing 2/3 years ago that wasnt really hard techno, chunky funky stuff ala torture chamber, i enjoyed that stuff, hes piss now, was poison to my ears

Frank Dogshit
03-07-2006, 03:35 PM
fair comment there gerry.

i saw umek on the weekend and he was exactly how you said.

boring electro house stuff,long gone are the funky bangers he used to nail.

as for kanzyani tho,hes gone totally the other direction,really tough stuff. the tunes he was playing were awesome

Traxx
03-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Where'd ya see old uros?

Frank Dogshit
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
awakenings,he was on at 2oclock so it might explain why he was playin pretty tame...but even still,pretty gashtastic.
hawtin came on just after it and nailed it,fantastic afternoon 3 hours worth

Dustin Zahn
03-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Please...Hawtin sucked. When Ricardo blows him away you know Richie is having a bad day. :)

Frank Dogshit
03-07-2006, 05:05 PM
For the time of the day and the general vibe,hawtins set was great in my opinion. a really nice DE9 session,clicky as you like. i only caught about 1hr 30 but what i heard was good. maybe your wanting it a bit more pounding for that time of day but at the time it was sweet.

i watched about half hours worth of yourself and Ian and that was great,as were the majority of the sets all day. Rumenige n Loktibrada,Innigo Kennedy and did you catch Joey Beltram at the end? He was unreal.

Dustin Zahn
03-07-2006, 05:13 PM
I missed Beltram but I thought area 2 was pretty solid all day. I was all about some minimal stuff during the afternoon but Hawtin just wasn't doing it for me. I think his set would have been better if it were in a more intimate setting rather than the huge mainstage. I thought Rachmad played really well too.

Dustin Zahn
03-07-2006, 05:14 PM
oh, and thanks for the comments btw. :) A good lot of people were upset we didn't play faster and harder.

Frank Dogshit
03-07-2006, 06:09 PM
oh, and thanks for the comments btw. :) A good lot of people were upset we didn't play faster and harder.

the dutch really do seem to prefer the harder stuff..the other arena was rammed all night.
what a sweet setup in those arenas,the sound was awesome.

278d7e64a374de26f==