PDA

View Full Version : Superb free little drumkit

loopdon
06-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Original link to topic with the kit:

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8

"To kick start this forum I thought I’d share some sounds from my sample library. When I first started making music I found it really difficult to come across decent drum sounds (kicks, hi-hats, claps, etc). For me, the drums - along with bass - provide the backbone to a track, so it’s essential that they’re up to the job. While there’s no shortage of so-called ‘dance kits’ knocking about on the net, the good ones are few and far between. What I aim to do here is provide a solid selection of sounds that have been part of my sonic arsenal over the past 6 years or so.

The kits I’ve built-up over the years have come from a mixture of sources. Some sounds are sampled straight from vinyl (kicks, for example), others I’ve created from scratch using software and hardware synths, while others have come from producers I’ve worked with.

Having the right sounds to begin with is half the battle when it comes to creating a good-sounding mix. I rarely spend much time EQing drums, or messing about with effects and compression. I simply make sure the sounds I start out with are top notch and recorded well to begin with.

The sounds in the kit I’m sharing in the this post have been used in many of my productions, from Hydra ‘Affinity’ and ‘By Your Side’, to my remixes of Reflekt ‘Can You Feel’ and Chicane’s Saltwater. I hope you find them useful.

If you have any questions, fire them over and I’ll do my best to answer them. On the other hand, if you want to share a sample library, a synth patch or two or have some top tips, post them in the forum here. I look forward to hearing from you. "

force
06-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanx a lot dude......thats really good of ya

RDR
06-07-2006, 03:25 PM
:lol:

I've done some production work with steve's bro... he's a right laugh as is his g/f vicky...

Good one LD.

278d7e64a374de26f==