PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - blue eyes under a dark sky (loopdon rmx)

loopdon
06-07-2006, 08:26 PM
just had a play. prolly not my final attempt, though... suppose this is to peaktimey/mnml as well?

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B374C14A1A861BDD

dirty_bass
06-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Downloading now.
When I said peaktime, I didn`t mean cheese or mainstream by the way.
I just meant, a tune that could be the peak of a set, rather than a bit of DJ fodder.

loopdon
06-07-2006, 11:48 PM
nevermind, i was just a little confused :bonk:

A.P.
07-07-2006, 03:35 AM
Downloading now.
When I said peaktime, I didn`t mean cheese or mainstream by the way.
I just meant, a tune that could be the peak of a set, rather than a bit of DJ fodder.

An whats the matter with a bit of dj fodder mate?.......hehe

A.P.
07-07-2006, 03:43 AM
Very minimal stuff yeah, an quite tripped out.
Sounds nice an crisp on the mixdown though

loopdon
07-07-2006, 12:26 PM
thanks a.p. !!

i hope steve will answer sometime - even if he doesn't like it :oops:

loopdon
07-07-2006, 12:28 PM
thanks a.p. !!

i hope steve will answer sometime - even if he doesn't like it :oops:

dirty_bass
07-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Right, ok. Listened.
Not keen on this, nice to hear a different interpretation, but it`s not quite got the impact I`m looking for.
And the bass isn`t strong enough. It is Dirty BASS records, after all.

However, production is nice and clear, good separation, although I think it could be a little more lush and rich to exploit the minimal-ness.

loopdon
07-07-2006, 01:52 PM
okay, steve. i will try to do sth different then. i am at least glad the mix is ok. even if it needs more bass. as you have often said that i just think i might have to start acting accordingly. i did learn sth. though, that's allways good. i think i should have had another listen to the original.

dirty_bass
07-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Cool one man.

Yeah, I mean, I`m gonna be very very picky about what I choose for this competition so for me, that`s like, extra extra extra picky, as I want something that you can`t or won`t hear on every other techno label ever.
Not that this remix is run of the mill celery techno.
But you get my point.
Am I waffling?

loopdon
07-07-2006, 02:39 PM
absoluely not. to be honest i wouldn't think this deserves a place on dirty bass 008. i think i should have rather pm'ed you with it.

i just sometimes post before i think that's all - but it was good fun and a learning experience and it inspires me to try again. an encouragement. i think i will use more elemnts than vox+chord riff next time.. it's just good good fun for me.

rhythmtech
07-07-2006, 02:47 PM
to be honest i think you were perfectly right posting it here loopdon. so what if its not going on the label (thats steves choice for his label and not everything is gonna suit or be good enough. thats just how it is). but by posting you've given others a chance to give you ideas and help you out, which at the end of the day will do you a lot more good than just pm'ing steve with it. theres a very small number of us regularly posting in here and we do try to give advice as much as we can and we need to keep doing that.

loopdon
07-07-2006, 03:00 PM
yep, that's a valid point, indeed. this reminds me i haven't yet heard your mix and not commented on lau's yet. so that's on my to-do list right now.

thanks for giving me new food for thoughts, mate!

dirty_bass
07-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah man, it`s totally worth posting here, I`m not dissing the tune, it`s not for me, but it is good, and it`s always worth throwing ideas up here anyway.

Mindful
09-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Production is very nice, very crisp.
I realy wanted some phat assed Bass line to come rumbling in or maybe a Red head type moochy bass line.

loopdon
09-07-2006, 10:59 PM
okay, moochy bassline - what's that?? :cheese:

Mindful
09-07-2006, 11:33 PM
erm....haha

Check out some Mr Sliff or Red head, these guys usualy use em, like sustained bass notes(so the note is held down for a bar or whatever)

loopdon
09-07-2006, 11:51 PM
aaah, you mean these reese style basslines i guess. i used to calll those tracks bassmonsters :)

278d7e64a374de26f==