marks out of 10.

Numeric
10-07-2006, 12:23 AM
the headbutt was savage...

10/10

totaly crazy...

Sunil
10-07-2006, 12:31 AM
It was extraordinary. I've never seen that on the street, let alone a football pitch!
10/10 for the 'quality' of the head butt but overall I'd give him a 0/10 for doing it in the first place.
To be honest I just thought it was a very ugly incident, and wish it didn't happen. The worst possible way to finish his career. To think if he had scored with that header in the 2nd half, it could have been so different.

Was happy to see Italy win in the end, they might not have had the upper hand in the second half, but they held their cool and took expert penalties.

Aratron
10-07-2006, 12:35 AM
quality

dan the acid man
10-07-2006, 01:13 AM
yeah, what a shit end to a great career

dan the acid man
10-07-2006, 01:16 AM
http://imagesocket.com/images/zidane29b.gif

Ashley
10-07-2006, 01:33 AM
class :lol:

french_og
10-07-2006, 08:36 AM
It was a typical cheap dirty trick by the Italian in the first place when he twisted Zidanes nipple. Zidane should of known better.

I don't think either the ref or linesman actually seen it when it happened and only after it was shown striaght aftern on the tv screens around the stadium - another reason why to bring tv replays in.

That ref although had no choice to send Zidane off was again terrible. If he is the best in the World no wonder this World Cup had been a sham because of the useless refs.

Esox Lucius
10-07-2006, 09:06 AM
could have done his nose at least.

good lad zizou. :cool:

LittleMinx
10-07-2006, 10:45 AM
i missed it, was on da phone time i finished he was sent off

fresh_an_funky_design
10-07-2006, 12:47 PM
It was a typical cheap dirty trick by the Italian in the first place when he twisted Zidanes nipple. Zidane should of known better.

I don't think either the ref or linesman actually seen it when it happened and only after it was shown striaght aftern on the tv screens around the stadium - another reason why to bring tv replays in.

That ref although had no choice to send Zidane off was again terrible. If he is the best in the World no wonder this World Cup had been a sham because of the useless refs.

i honestly don't think materazzi twisted his nipple, i wathed the replay loads on the post match chat on bbc and i never saw that and neither did any1 else. u can hardly call the ref useless, he had to send him off. if he hadn't then it would have been a sham.

french_og
10-07-2006, 01:13 PM
I said he had no chioce to send him off but in general that ref is shocking, had a terrible game, shcoking tournament. It baffles me how FIFA can not see it.

Will
10-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Materazzi should have been sent off too. How did he come to his decision though? Can't beleive Zizou di that though, stupid way to end your career, especially for someone of his callibre. Mind you, Domenech made some bad choices, he should have taken Pires and Giuly over Wiltord and Dhooraashi or whoever it was, and I don't think he should have taken off Riberry or Henry really, I was half expecting him to be the first coach to get the sack, but he improved things a bit I guess.

Sunil
10-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Why should Materazzi have been sent off? He was being a little bit cheeky with Zidance by grabbing him, but even Zidane kind of smirked after it as if to brush it off as stupidity by Materazzi. Zidane was an idiot for doing what he did, he was the only one that needed to go.

Re: The referees - I have to agree, many of the matches I saw had some terrible decisions. The diving and play acting issues have to be addressed quick smart. Strikers should be actively sent off for diving, it needs to be stamped out of the game... it's amazing that FIFA have left it get to this stage, it's a problem that's been affecting the game badly for too long. Bring back heavier footballs, lower players' wages and no diving!

french_og
10-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Don't know if it is true or not but it has been said that Materazzi called Zidane a Terrosist from his Algerian roots?

Henry came off injured, yeah was surprised Giuly never went.

France prooved everyone wrong by getting as far as they did, I for one thought they would never get that far. They outplayed Italy yesterday also. I think it is a crime on football having Italy as World Champions.

DJsmallpaul
10-07-2006, 03:30 PM
He's a muppet, the match was shit so thank god he did butt him cause least it's something to remember the final by.

gary_human
10-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Don't know if it is true or not but it has been said that Materazzi called Zidane a Terrosist from his Algerian roots?

hmmmmmmmm . . . interesting - i think that is the big issue - even bigget than the fact italy won - wtf did materazzi say to zidane ? must have been some serious shit to do a quality headbutt like that.

zidane still a legend in my book though - my favourite ever player to watch too!

koma
10-07-2006, 05:32 PM
materazzi is a well known bastard. some of the others french players wanted to hit him too. well, they could, just after the game...

racism is very big in italy aswell, if you ask me, italian clubs and national team shouldnt be allowed to perform on tournaments like this until they sort that out.

otherwise that "say no to racism" action is a joke

BloodStar
10-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Materazzi is cunt, Zizou should get his nose..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpG4AHlZrL4&mode=related&search=materazzi

fresh_an_funky_design
10-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Materazzi should have been sent off too. How did he come to his decision though? Can't beleive Zizou di that though, stupid way to end your career, especially for someone of his callibre. Mind you, Domenech made some bad choices, he should have taken Pires and Giuly over Wiltord and Dhooraashi or whoever it was, and I don't think he should have taken off Riberry or Henry really, I was half expecting him to be the first coach to get the sack, but he improved things a bit I guess.

y the hell should materazzi be sent off? for what? putting his arm round him?

phantomdj
10-07-2006, 06:25 PM
makes me laugh that italians have racial complexes with arabs (zidane) considering they have exactly the same skin colour....

germany should be champions.... they were the better team throughout.....

italy are a joke.

fresh_an_funky_design
10-07-2006, 06:25 PM
France prooved everyone wrong by getting as far as they did, I for one thought they would never get that far. They outplayed Italy yesterday also. I think it is a crime on football having Italy as World Champions.

italy won just as fairly as brasil did in '94?

fresh_an_funky_design
10-07-2006, 06:28 PM
makes me laugh that italians have racial complexes with arabs (zidane) considering they have exactly the same skin colour....

italy are a joke.

i have never experienced racism in italy, thats not saying it dosen't exist, but i believe there is a lot more racism in spain than in italy

Francisco Scaramanga
10-07-2006, 07:11 PM

italy are a joke.

i have never experienced racism in italy, thats not saying it dosen't exist, but i believe there is a lot more racism in spain than in italy

I've never experienced it either, but I've only been there once. Its proven fact that Italys club teams and supporters are offensively racist beyond all belief though, whilst in the stadium at least. Not necessarily all, but ALOT, probably a majority at some teams. Just look at Lazio, they are all fascists, Paolo Di Canio one of their stars, and he has celebrated goals with a fascist salute to the stands, who all reply in kind. Sometimes he'll even get his shirt off to show everyone his Mussolini tattoo. Thats just one player at one team, but there is plenty more stories. And then there's the matchfixing...

But despite all that I thought they probably deserved the win last night.

As for Zidane, well gutted for him in a way, cause that was a shameful way to finish a career, but at the same time, I dont actually care, and that was pretty damn funny! Right up there with Cantonas kung fu kick. I really really want to know what was said though, cause it must have been OFFENSIVE to provoke a response like that.

djfase
10-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Yes it was ugly and yes it was also good at the same time

But,

Weve got to ask whats caused it. One minute smile the nexc that. The italian must have said summin serious as zidane is not like that. For him to react like that means it must have been severe.

I say lets what and see whats said and then he can be judged as theres certain things that will make us all react like that.

What is summin to do with his morrocan origin? Shoe/suicide bomber maybe?

fresh_an_funky_design
10-07-2006, 08:00 PM
well i just saw on the news that zidane has not said what materazzi said. will we ever find out? who knows. it dosen't matter what he said, he still deserved to be sent off.

but zidane has been sent off before for headbutting,

in terms of the racism, yes lazio are a bunch of facist twats. but most italians think that anyway. although i've spent a lot of time in italy, i have only ever been to venezia and the surrounding states. i've never been to the south, maybe there racist down there. but in the north east they are certainly not in my experience.

Will
10-07-2006, 10:20 PM
I've heard he called him a dirty terrorist. He must have been trying to get him sent off though which is worse than what Zidane did.

fresh_an_funky_design
10-07-2006, 10:32 PM
thats just speculation, with no truth to it. untill zidane says what he said, u don't know.

what gets me is the french manager saying the ref was on the italians side, and that he shouldnt have sent zidane off, can u imagine the uproar if he hadnt sent zidane off for a headbutt.

french_og
11-07-2006, 07:38 AM
I think Racism in the most countries is now a minority and probably not best to generalise a country racists and facists as a result of brain dead minority.

Think most countries will have a small element but footballers as role models should not be saying things like that if he did say it. Although not sure Zidane would of reacted like that for nothing. Although it was hardly a knockout blow - yes a sending off but doubt the italian even had a mark on him. If it wasn't a footbal match that would not of even too anyone off there feet.

phantomdj
11-07-2006, 10:04 AM
you noticed how most european teams react to black players?... i mean look at black english players who go abroad - italy, spain, portugal, eastern countries?.... it's the same in other countries where white englishmen go to darker skinned nations. it is everywhere but you have to say that portugal/spain/france/eastern european countries are the worst in europe....

no wonder they are all coming to england (besides the financial benefits).... the masses are obsequies ... idleness and dissipation breed apathy.

i dont like the term racist because it is illogical... it merely points out differences in superficial racial genetics ... ie ... someone has darker skin due to a higher content of a certain skin pigment

what we really mean is SUPREMACIST.... that's why the italians/spanish/portuguese react like they do.... they are supremacists....

if you believe in evolution and the struggle of man 'survival of the fittest' then you are illogical when you attack 'supremacist' notions.... either accept we live in a dog eat dog world where the strongest survive ... or accept the truth.

our media is a joke when it tries to make us believe this nation is a supremacist one.... we live in a PC bullshit feminist state..... no one gives a shit.

rant over.

Will
11-07-2006, 11:13 AM
thats just speculation, with no truth to it. untill zidane says what he said, u don't know.

what gets me is the french manager saying the ref was on the italians side, and that he shouldnt have sent zidane off, can u imagine the uproar if he hadnt sent zidane off for a headbutt.

Well obviously he must have said and done something pretty bad for him to react the way he did so he shouldn't get away with it!

french_og
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
I like what Gallas came out and said after about Italians being cheats as its in their blood.

Will
11-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Haha, descendents of Machiavelli, eh?

phantomdj
11-07-2006, 01:04 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/video_and_audio/help_guide/4304501.stm

'i wish you and your family an ugly death' (knowing his mother is ill)

'go f**k yourself'

DJTrubass
11-07-2006, 10:40 PM
legend! haha

Will
12-07-2006, 05:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/video_and_audio/help_guide/4304501.stm

'i wish you and your family an ugly death' (knowing his mother is ill)

'go f**k yourself'

When I clicked on the link it just took me to a help page... who said that then?

djfase
12-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Theres a statement at 7pm tonight.

ZZ is going live on french tv to say what happened. If its true what matey said id have more than nutted him

Will
12-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Ah wait, so that's what he said to Zizou then? I thought we were still on the subject of what Gallas has been saying or something...

People have been suggesting Zizou should be stripped of the Golden Ball, but if that's what he said Italy should be stripped of the World cup or at least have to replay the match. Not that Fifa would do that of course, since they seem to love Italy.

Will
12-07-2006, 06:05 PM
From Soccernet;

Since Sunday evening the whole World has been debating what Italian defender Marco Materazzi said to Zinedine Zidane to make the retiring Frenchman react in the way he did. The French captain, in his last ever professional game, thrust his head into Materazzi's chest in Sunday's World Cup Final resulting in a red card and shame for Zidane. Today, with the help of Italian lip-reader Arturo Belladini, we can reveal what drove Zidane to self destruct;

Materazzi was seen to hold Zidane's shirt on the edge of the penalty box in extra-time at which point Zidane said

"if you want my shirt so bad you can have it"

Materazzi responded

"I dont want your shirt you m***** f*****. you're a f****** old man"

As they jog away Zidane is seen to laugh at this and it is unclear how he responded due to him having his back to the TV camera

Materazzi then hit a volley of abuse

"you should've quit 2 years ago, you're a f****** has-been"

"m***** f*****! your mum is a f****** muslim terrorist and you are to, f*** you old man f*** you"

"old man, this arena is not for you anymore m***** f*****"

Zidane carries on jogging away

"you are only good enough for Tottenham now" It's at this very point Zidane turned and head-butted him.

djfase
12-07-2006, 06:22 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Superb

phantomdj
12-07-2006, 07:33 PM
im surprised he held out for so long....

cheating italians.... as usual...

they might as well invade portugal and unite the families :lol:

djfase
12-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Well from the statement i believe zz was right to nut him.

He abused his mum and his sister and if it happened in the street im sure 8 or 9 out of 10 ppl would react the same way.

Dirty itai cunt.

Altho i do hate the dirty spineless french aswell, u have got to admire when ppl like zz and henry are true class

Will
14-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah, defo sounds like he was right to nut him, the moral minority who say it's just words and making out what he did was loads worse want nutting as well!

Will
14-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Quid pro quo I say!

278d7e64a374de26f==