PDA

View Full Version : Mini controller?

MARKEG
11-07-2006, 01:27 PM
My girl Chrissi and I have both had the Oxygen 8 for sometime now and mine's a bit mashed so I ordered the smart O2 today.. only 75 quid - couldn't believe it!!!:)

Which had me thinking. What about those times when you're out and about and you can't be arsed luggin a keyboard with you? It's happened to me on plenty of occasions. Ideally I'd like a foldable keyboard with like two or three control knobs that just pops in your laptop back nice and easy, hardly any weight. If not that, then just a USB thing with just the control knobs.

I saw some rubber roll-up thing somewhere so I suppose I could use that as long as I had the seperate knobs.

Wow all this talk about knobs is making me paranoid :lol:

Haha

Any ideas anyone?

tonyc2002
11-07-2006, 01:31 PM
that rubber keyboard your thinking off is a pile of poo. its a good idea but not very responsive and unsuitable for serious use IMO

rhythmtech
11-07-2006, 01:33 PM
if you could live without the keys you could try get one of those old phat boy controllers.. the were quite compact if i remember correctly..

also m-audio do a laptop/controller bag that fits their oxygen 8 i think (which is quite small)

massplanck
11-07-2006, 02:18 PM
I cant wait for someone to come up with audio/midi keyboard along these lines. How compact is this? ;)

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/search.do?productCode=PROKEY

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/images/product/prokey/prokey_lg.jpg

Miromiric
11-07-2006, 02:43 PM
cancer anyone?

FIK
12-07-2006, 12:03 AM
if you could live without the keys you could try get one of those old phat boy controllers.. the were quite compact if i remember correctly..

Something like the phat-boy or even a doepfer drehbank would be my choice. Lots of controls in a compact box. That is if you can do without your keys.

RDR
12-07-2006, 02:08 AM
Try the UC16 or the x-session

Nice as **** and tough to boot.

findthesolution
12-07-2006, 02:17 AM
trigger finger is the ****en ticket.

one square foot, fits in any backpack.

loopdon
12-07-2006, 02:32 AM
the new behringer one - or the uc-33

(if only the knob layout wasn't so ****ed up - there's just so much space wasted that could have been used to lay out the knobs with a bigger distance between each other - :eh: )

maybe i should build myself a case of my own for it and - while i am at it replace the awfully plasticcy knobs.

:mad:

MARKEG
12-07-2006, 03:41 AM
hmmmm.. all great recommendations!!! thanks eveyone! but no, i just want like one or two knobs, just to twidle via usb... i can use the laptop keyboard for note input if this rollup one is rubbish then.... but some way of just twidlin via a super small controller?????????

i reckon that would rock. make it sooo much easier to make music without carrying a keyboard....

MARKEG
12-07-2006, 03:43 AM
could you not make something like this simply with a circuit board and a few variable resistors? would be nice to know if there's any sites out there that could help me do this :)

rounser
12-07-2006, 04:23 AM
These look pretty titchy:
http://faderfox.de/

There was also this MIDI controller which is just one big pot. I can't remember it's name though.

FIK
12-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Edirol also do a very small keyboard. Don't know the name tough. I've seen it advertised in the magazines as the thinest controller available.

alsynthe
12-07-2006, 11:01 AM
i just got a uc16 its top notch, although knobs are a bit close together

mattboyslim
30-07-2006, 11:22 PM
i use the doepfer pocket control. its tiny, but has 16 knobs. They are a tad close together but i'm used to it

278d7e64a374de26f==