PDA

View Full Version : Pitch weak spots on turntables...

Hakka.
19-09-2003, 05:53 PM
My decks are unbalanced on pitch because I tested it with matching two of the same records... now this is fine however there are sections between pitches which fluctuate in pitch just a small amount. It seems I'm adjusting one deck by microns... either way it's too fast or two slow. I either have to adjust the other deck instead or bizarre, turn them off for an hour and go back to them.

I dunno if this is just cause there old and loosing there accuracy but when your doing a CD you want spot on perfection and it's anoying when you find you have to work against such inaccuracies.

Then again, it makes working on accurate/newer ones very pleasurable.

Anyone have any advice on 1210 repairs or maintence or idea's to help this?

acid-project
19-09-2003, 06:40 PM
had the same trouble b4, and set em up with the stobe so the were nigh on perfect @ the various dot sizes.

or this is the official way,

pitch control +- 0% adjustment

connect a frequency counter to points +tp27 -earth point , turn on the power, set the pitch control to zero, adjust pitch pot vr301 so the frequency is 262.08 khz +- 0.05 khz

pitch control gain adjustment

set the pitch to zero, pull out the conector cn102 of drive p.c.b, conect a multimeter to terminals 5 and 6 of conector cn102 on the pitch control p.c.b side, adjust vr302 so that the resistance is 2.7 killer ohms +- 0.1 killer ohms.

the above is from the technics service manual.

Hakka.
19-09-2003, 07:07 PM
until that last line, I thought you sounded well clever.

lol..

I've done a-level electronics and thought "bloody hell... what I learned may come in useful... but how much do I remember???"

acid-project
19-09-2003, 07:16 PM
hahahahaha.......me clever....hahahhahaha

should do the trick though,

good luck.

Hakka.
19-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Thanks man! :)

Barely Human
20-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Another problem that you can get with them is the fact that the pitch slider is basically just the same as a standard cross fader. And wear and tear on the rails means you lose contact sometimes making the speed change in funny ways(just like when your x fader bleeds). Try the above to callibrate the decks back to what they are supposed to. If you still have problems with it then get some replacement sliders(20 quid each i think). They are a bit of a pain to get in tho! I have the full service manual on my hdd somewhere, if you want it, give me a shout.

278d7e64a374de26f==