PDA

View Full Version : traktor soundcard help!!!

darkmockeray
11-07-2006, 09:56 PM
i wanna start mixing mp3's of all my non techno music. i think i need to get another soundcard if i wanna be able to cue up the tracks and listen to them in traktor......?........ i am lookin at the Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA. does anyone know if this is what i want? and is it easy to set it all up :blush: ??? any help or info would be well appreciated....... i have to go do a dub/rockNroll/ska/reggae set type of thing for my sisters engagement/house warming party in a couple of weeks and wanna have it sorted by then.... nice one :cheese:

alsynthe
11-07-2006, 10:07 PM
u can actually run the monitor and main mix form just ur headphone socket on ur laptop by using a splitter but theyd both be in mono

darkmockeray
12-07-2006, 12:09 AM
but can ya cue up one deck and have the other playing withyout another sound card?

rhythmtech
12-07-2006, 12:22 AM
you only need one soundcard mark but it has to have multiple outputs on it. the scratch amp on final scratch will do this for you (obviously you're using this if you're talkin bout using dex)

darkmockeray
12-07-2006, 10:07 AM
no im talkin bout the decks on the screen on traktor......... not using final scratch. do i still need another card? the soundcard im lookin at slots into the side of your laptop and has a headphone jack on it...........

that tetris safari fest looks savage barry.... was just sayin how much id like to see amadeus and crip!!!!!!!

alsynthe
12-07-2006, 10:59 AM
u dot need a multiple output sound card at all u can use ur onboard sound. if u get a stereo jack to 2 mono jack splitter, then plug ur headphones into one of the split mono jacks then plug ur main mix into the other, then go into the audio propertites u can assign the monitor to one either left or right mono channel and do the same for the main mix but the other channel then u can cue in headphones.

im playin at that tetris safari, gonna be a real good en!!

darkmockeray
12-07-2006, 06:37 PM
nice one........

what do people think or has anyone got one of these?

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&product=107 69&nav=2

alsynthe
12-07-2006, 07:11 PM
how much are they? as the echo indigo card u can get for around 80 quid are reallygood

darkmockeray
14-07-2006, 08:21 PM
just got one on ebay for 100euro........ and its 150 from pc world. lets hope it arrives now.......

rhythmtech
15-07-2006, 12:29 AM
u dot need a multiple output sound card at all u can use ur onboard sound. if u get a stereo jack to 2 mono jack splitter, then plug ur headphones into one of the split mono jacks then plug ur main mix into the other, then go into the audio propertites u can assign the monitor to one either left or right mono channel and do the same for the main mix but the other channel then u can cue in headphones.

im playin at that tetris safari, gonna be a real good en!!

but the your main output will be mono wont it?

alsynthe
15-07-2006, 03:40 AM
yea, i didnt say it was ideal but it works.

rhythmtech
15-07-2006, 10:02 AM
cool.. thought i was over looking something there.

danielmarshall
19-08-2006, 03:24 AM
Creative sound cards used to be good value for money. You could get a card with reasonably low latency and wicked routing capabilities (when using the kx drivers) for a few bob. This is no longer the case however.

Rather than going the Creative route, take a look at some of the M-Audio Audiophile cards. Very high quality cards with lots of professional features. You'll most likely never need to buy another sound card unless USB gets phased out for some reason:

http://www.awave.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=117_142&products_id=1595

Please note: this price is in AUSTRALIAN dollars not US.

278d7e64a374de26f==