PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Riberry, Saviola, Appiah and maybe Yaya Toure...

Will
12-07-2006, 05:51 PM
want to come to Arsenal. I think it might have been an old quote from Yaya though, not sure. Plus we're being linked with Curtis Davies and Buffon. It'd be great if we signed 5 players of that quality (I'm sure we'd only sign 1 out of Appiah and Yaya), but it'd probably be too expensive to buy all of them, from the prices I've seen...

£12m for Buffon, £10m for Riberry, £8m Davies, £4m for Saviola and maybe six or seven million for Appiah or Yaya, so that'd be about £40m from the prices I've heard and we've already spent six or seven million on Rosicky! We could probably mount a strong challenge for the title if we signed all them, though Saviola especially would be another diminuative player and we've got 4 wingers so dunno where Riberry would fit in.

Of course we've lost Pires, Bergkamp and Sol (and hopefully Cygan will take the hint), but that will mean every player at the club was brought in by Wenger and all the outfield players will be under 30, which will be good and none of those players were really regulars this season.

djfase
12-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Your having a bubble if you think you will get saviola for £4m.
If andy johnson is worth 9 saviola is worth double that.

Mind you it shows how silly the market has become

Will
12-07-2006, 05:59 PM
It's been widely reported he'd cost £2-4m, crazy though it sounds, I think he only scored 4 goals last season and he can't have long on his contract I'd have thought.

Miksta
12-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Saviola is actually for sale at around 3.6m-4m, kinda strange no one bagged him yet.

Ribery sounds a bit far fetched, he has publicy said he wants to go to Lyon

gary_human
13-07-2006, 01:16 PM
that stephen appiah looks like he is gonna become a great player - hope arsenal dont get him - come to spurs mate

Will
13-07-2006, 02:00 PM
You've got Zokora now so forget it! Appiah said he's 50% an Arsenal player... Lyon's old news, after spending time with Henry for France he's said he wants to come to a top English side and play for a French mananger - ie Arsenal.

Will
13-07-2006, 02:01 PM
You've got Zokora now so forget it! Appiah said he's 50% an Arsenal player... Lyon's old news, after spending time with Henry for France he's said he wants to come to a top English side and play for a French mananger - ie Arsenal.

Miksta
13-07-2006, 04:49 PM
ribery going to lyon mate =P

278d7e64a374de26f==