PDA

View Full Version : [techno] rhythm technologies - direct route

rhythmtech
21-07-2006, 02:22 PM
havent done anything new of my own in a bit.. so heres one

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-direct_route.mp3

comments and suggestions appreciated...

loopdon
21-07-2006, 03:46 PM
nice one. production is great, imo. nice nice nice. i only think it could be shortened by a minute or two possibly (start and end perhaps) other than that - rock solid, mate!!!

rhythmtech
21-07-2006, 03:47 PM
cheerz LD. might shave a little off the start alright.

loopdon
21-07-2006, 03:52 PM
matter of taste you know, doesn't make the tune any less great. - i was prolly desperately looking for something clever to say :cheese:

rhythmtech
21-07-2006, 03:54 PM
haha..

i think you're right though.. couple of bars off the start might be needed.

loopdon
21-07-2006, 06:08 PM
kinda reminds me off some of the funkier umek stuff possibly. or peeps from his camp (nastic..). well produced and simple and effective in structure. try and fit some white noise sweeps in, haha (well actually, why not?)

seriously just came back to tell you i am really enjoying this

lau
28-07-2006, 06:46 PM
have been listening to this quite some time now.... but for some reason I keep forgetting to comment about it....

Production is sweet !! Liking the breakdown in the middle of the track!!!

Only the main synth ( the one that comes in at 2.14) feels a bit weird when it first comes in... maybe becoz it fills up the mix so much...
Anyways once it is in it sounds great....

dope track.... !

Jay Pace
06-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Again, trademark style. Nice drive, energy and funk from the outset. Its pretty ****ing cool that you make tracks that are recognisably yours.

Still think you need to make better use of stereo for your perc, especially the high end. Pan the hats about a bit and it will fill up the space much more.
Although if its going to end up being played on a rig in mono there's an argument that says "whats the point".... still, makes it nicer to listen to at home.

Really like the main synth. There's a whiny whirling distorted grindy thing going I'm really not keen on though. Not sure what it adds, would rather hear the synth on its own.

Kick has punch to it and cuts through the mix beautifully.

Feels like the track lacks a little loudness overall - sure you could probably squeeze a few more db as a whole with some maximisers, and give everything a bit more punch.

Solid stuff. You're fairly prolific - how long do you spend on each track? Do you have a day job?

rhythmtech
06-08-2006, 02:43 PM
cheerz again jay..

i usually spend about 2/3 days on a track but i've sometimes managed to finish in 1!!!

i gave up my day job in feb to concetrate on gettin my productions sorted.. but i'm thinkin its nearly time to go back :( im giving it to the end of summer, then its back to the grind...

A.P.
09-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Nice one barry, when listening to this i can imagine some dude break dancing...mad eh!
Quality vocal hook an the synths an sci-fi sweeps are cool man.

Av'it!

Mindful
09-08-2006, 08:11 PM
I wanted to do some kind of dont give up the day job kinda joke but cant fault this Baz.
Love the vocal line and want it NOW!!!!
Synths are wicked on the break down.

278d7e64a374de26f==