PDA

View Full Version : NORTH RETURNS 16TH SEPT! BRUNNEL ROOMS SWINDON

ADDI
25-07-2006, 03:12 AM
FLYER TO FOLLOW IN THE NEXT DAY OR TWO

NORTH RETURNS 16TH SEPT! BRUNNEL ROOMS SWINDON ...9pm-6am..

Technology Arena - hardstyle/ hard trance / hardcore / jumpstyle

OUTBLAST - Holland
UK Exclusive - 1st time ever in the UK for the biggest hardcore DJ of the moment .
In 2005 he closed the biggest hard dance event in the world “sensation black” for more info www.outblast.nl

BRAIN OVULATION - Italy
UK Exclusive - 1st time ever in the UK from 59 Recs the label that founded the
hardstyle movement. Check him out www.brainovulation.com

BOBBY V - Holland
Fresh from mixing the latest Blutonium Records mix cd, Bobby is one of the
unsung heros of the European hard dance scene. www.bobby-v.nl

NOIZER (holland) & ANDY VORTEX B2B
UK Exclusive - North favourites back to back bringing you only the best quality jumpstyle

MZONE
You can’t put on a hard dance party without the UK godfather of hardstyle

MARK EG
Expect all the antics as we embark on a Partytime finish from the crazyman

WRAGG
New North resident shows of his djing skills techno—hardstyle set

NICK THE KID & LOUK B2B
Crazy sw pairing kicking the night off with some pure hard trance

MCS - RIBBZ, SI THE SIGH & ACTIVATOR MC

Radical - Frenchcore/ hardcore techno/ Speedcore / Terror

BRISK & SCORPIO B2B
World Exclusive - 1st Time Ever B2B ANYWHERE. 2 hr B2B special.

PRODUCER & SIMON UNDERGROUND B2B
UK Exclusive - Yet again we come up with something extra special..amazingly this is the 1st time ever B2B in the uk for this hard working pairing.

AKIRA - Holland
English Exclusive - 1st set in England this year for Hong Kong Violence head man.

ADDICTION & DEATHMACHINE B2B
North Exclusive - addictions B2B birthday set 2 of the uks finest thrash it out

PRODUCER LIVE
North Exclusive - For the 1st time EVER @ North Producer will play a selection of Rebel Scum tunes using Ableton Live.

ANDY VORTEX
Hardcore Techno set

TONES
Hereford's finest & North regular brings it to you harder than ever before.

MCs SQUIDGY B, IMPACT

alsynthe
25-07-2006, 09:11 AM
only thing worth seeing would be producer live.

FuK-NuT
25-07-2006, 11:20 AM
i agree...

wont b as good....should have kept it going first time round.

ADDI
25-07-2006, 12:48 PM
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3876/northfrontwebam0.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9835/northinsidewebby6.jpg

alsynthe
25-07-2006, 01:41 PM
15 advance and 20 on the door????

they aving a girraffe!

Mucky Beats
25-07-2006, 02:27 PM
good to see north back

Technobitch
26-07-2006, 11:25 AM
nice to see north back, its been too long, had some really good nights there. wonder if it will be the same though.............

kai
26-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Intresting line-up but not as good as I had hoped for from this event - Technology arena looks a bit poo (except Outblast - that will be ****ing wicked if his Q-Base set is out to go by), and in Radical room only sets that I think would tempt me are Producer & Simon Underground, Producer's Ableton set and Andy playing hardcore techno - not enough to go all way down Swindon for though really! Far too much hardstyle imo.

A lack of imagination in the radical room - although tbf it is quite a fresh line-up in there, just chosen too many DJ's I don't over rate - Akira, Brisk, Scorpio, Deathmachine, Addiction etc are all not worth the 4 hour mission - good DJ's as they may be and no doubt if it were closer be a dif story - big ask though to put a line-up on that would have convinced me enough to get me to go to Swindon, but thought if anyone could do it then North could - apparently not!

Main irritation for me - NO FRENCHCORE and not enough BREAKCORE!!! = NO KAI!!!

Also - a distinct lack of HARD TECHNO sets is an irritation.

Scrap the hardstyle room and lets have some techno, thats what I say!!

Still, all good to have North back on the scene - cant be a bad thing really!

Technobitch
26-07-2006, 12:05 PM
go kai go! more techno is defo the way forward! thats what i used to love bout north!!! all the hard techno!

FuK-NuT
26-07-2006, 01:04 PM
its been replaced by pumpstyle hahaha deal with it lol

couldnt agree more guys...from the looks of it this is going down like the titanic...oh well.

Technobitch
26-07-2006, 02:06 PM
yeah but guaranteed all the glowstick waving kids will love it, even if they go just to say that have been to NORTH lol

Hopefully this is just one line up not the sign of how its going to always be, surely things can only get better.....

Frank Dogshit
26-07-2006, 02:59 PM
frenchcore.....what on earth?

kai
26-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Nah Frenchcore, or rather French Tekno as it should really be known, is ****ing wicked shit - just a shame they've advertised it as being on the music policy for the Radical room but not actually booked anyone to play a set.

In terms of what it is think the likes of Radium, or if you've heard hardtek/tribe then basically the same shit - in the words of Justin Lee Collins - "I love it, I do, I love it..."

andyvortex
26-07-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm a little confused here I obviously must have not been at North events myself...
Kai says - Also - a distinct lack of HARD TECHNO sets is an irritation. as does Technobitch
when we were at the void we had 1 or 2 techno sets in the Technology 2nd room which was mainly a hard trance room
when we moved to the Emporium we did the same but moved the Technology Arena to the main room.
when we moved to Bristol we did the same in fact when we did a couple of proper techno based nights in the 2nd room they were the most poorly attended nights - please can you clarify what you mean by hard techno sets
Kai also says - Scrap the hardstyle room and lets have some techno, thats what I say!! -
what hardstyle room????
the main room or technology arena will run like this

NICK THE KID & LOUK - hard trance
WRAGG - techno
Bobby V - hardtrance / hardstyle
NOIZER & VORTEX - jumpstyle
BRAIN OVULATION - hardstyle
OUTBLAST - hardcore
MZONE - hardstyle
MARK EG - classic finish playing pretty much whatever he wants
so out of 8 sets you have 5 different styles all based around similar bpms peaking with outblast set & rounding the night off with the 2 biggest names in uk hard dance..
North has always been a night to move ahead of the time & bring new sounds & styles to the ears of our followers

as for this comment isn't it contradicting itself
Kai said - A lack of imagination in the radical room - although tbf it is quite a fresh line-up in there
mmm I don't really no where to go with this one..
2 never before done b2bs in the uk + a producer set never before done
& Akira only English date this year

I'm definitely confused with the lacking imagination comment

Technobitch
26-07-2006, 03:34 PM
i always had a good night at NORTH and hope to again one day in the future, especially when it was in bristol!!!

you have to go with what ppl and i think you have, its just not what some ppl want, but that will always be the case after all you cant please everyone can you

as for wanting more techno, i always want more techno, thats why ppl call me the techno bitch................ :razz:

andyvortex
26-07-2006, 03:36 PM
FRENCHCORE COMMENT
at the end of the day I could have used a dozen different terminologies for the Radical room as there are so many variations over the Hardcore techno spectrum.. By Kai's comment I really guess you must know now exactly what each dj in the radical room will be playing before they do. Most of the time recently when he has been in the uk he has mainly played mid tempo dutch DNA etc...
the only time he actually played anything frenchcore over here that I've heard was at SS4
I've played stuff that would fit into the Frenchcore bracket myself lately as has Producer etc etc..
as for Frenchcore actually being called French techno where did that come from... mate in the rest of europe apart from the uk hardcore means something completely different than it does over here. Radium would tell you he makes hardcore..

Technobitch
26-07-2006, 03:37 PM
when we moved to Bristol we did the same in fact when we did a couple of proper techno based nights in the 2nd room they were the most poorly attended nights -

i thought it was always a good turn out in the techno room when i was there :techno: , apart from the last night there that was defo a poor turn out :(

FuK-NuT
26-07-2006, 03:46 PM
uz wont win...we no nothing!

FuK-NuT
26-07-2006, 03:50 PM
FRENCHCORE COMMENT
at the end of the day I could have used a dozen different terminologies for the Radical room as there are so many variations over the Hardcore techno spectrum.. By Kai's comment I really guess you must know now exactly what each dj in the radical room will be playing before they do. Most of the time recently when he has been in the uk he has mainly played mid tempo dutch DNA etc...
the only time he actually played anything frenchcore over here that I've heard was at SS4
I've played stuff that would fit into the Frenchcore bracket myself lately as has Producer etc etc..
as for Frenchcore actually being called French techno where did that come from... mate in the rest of europe apart from the uk hardcore means something completely different than it does over here. Radium would tell you he makes hardcore..

kai didnt say french techno he said french tekno which is different
and made by people who strongly believe in free tekno ala teknival
and the likes...tribe/hardtek producers like axium, desert storm, dsp (not the techno dsp), lsdf which is a sound system crew who producer under lsdf also....but that is here nor there... :eyes:

andyvortex
26-07-2006, 03:55 PM
what do you mean by techno room I imagine you mean Kay D smith, Chris liberator etc techno & if that's the case we have only EVER in the 100 parties we put on had 4 techno rooms
all at lakota as I said we used to have one or 2 techno sets in the 2nd room when we were at the void out of 6 hrs & at lakota apart from the 4 parties mentioned before we had 1 or 2 sets in the main room out of usually 9 hrs

nick_anarchy
26-07-2006, 03:55 PM
prod live and b2b with si for me .. im goin !!!

andyvortex
26-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I have no knowledge of French Tekno as you mentioned before but obviously neither does KAI as Frenchcore & French tekno as you have just described it are obviously 2 completely different things

andyvortex
26-07-2006, 03:59 PM
& I would never tell anyone they knew nothing mr FUK NUT you obviously know a lot more than me about French Tekno & obviously I know more facts than anyone about the events I've run for the past 10 yrs

FuK-NuT
26-07-2006, 04:00 PM
not massivly....some of the top end tekno stuff ie tribecore as they say
does sound similar to radium etc just not as cheesy ;)

FuK-NuT
26-07-2006, 04:03 PM
& I would never tell anyone they knew nothing mr FUK NUT you obviously know a lot more than me about French Tekno & obviously I know more facts than anyone about the events I've run for the past 10 yrs

just a bit o banter m8....u per chance ginger? (joke)

Technobitch
26-07-2006, 04:16 PM
what do you mean by techno room I imagine you mean Kay D smith, Chris liberator etc techno & if that's the case we have only EVER in the 100 parties we put on had 4 techno rooms
all at lakota as I said we used to have one or 2 techno sets in the 2nd room when we were at the void out of 6 hrs & at lakota apart from the 4 parties mentioned before we had 1 or 2 sets in the main room out of usually 9 hrs

you got a serious stress on today or what andy!?

i was saying how much i enjoyed the techno i had heard at your night Kay D smith was on of the best sets i heard there he was ****ing banging, along with triple b of course :techno: producer, mark eg they always bang it out too, guarantee if there is techno on ill be making the mission to north when i can

now chill dude :cool: , this is BOA after all most of us on here love techno ffs so we were bound to comment about it :techno:

kai
26-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Okay - fair play for coming back on that Andy - I will elaborate on what I've said as you deserve an explanation - however I'm not gonna go back on anything as at end of the day I don't see an issue in being prepared to give a genuine opinion on a line-up.

Okay first point - all the hardstyle. Sorry but can't help be dissappointed by seeing a room dominated by hardstyle - I include in that bracket hard trance and jumpstyle as at the end of the day its variations on a theme. I expected to see some element of it on the line-up but after three years promoting a primarily hard trance and hardstyle event I've got to the point where I'm sick to death of hearing it - to me it's basically the same old same old and a scene that has lost its way, or rather is heading for being pretty much as stale and crappy a scene as hard house, with the likes of Bionic and Goodgreef dominating it and ruining it imo.

Admittedly it is a growing scene and will no doubt get people in to the event, but from my personal perspective its a big turn off when I look at a two room event and see that one of the rooms is not going to interest me all night - Outblast and possibly Wragg excepted (the blurb after says techno/hardstyle - this could be of interest but would be a gamble for me).

Second point - the point I made about lack of imagination in the Radical room. First up, I did actually then immediately retract that by saying "although tbf it is quite a fresh line-up" - end of the day I type as a think and I basically looked at it initially and first thought was it lacked imagination, however on a second look in more detail saw the "2 never before done b2bs in the uk + a producer set never before done & Akira only English date this year" and realised that was being rather disingenuous.

However, I would say that I would have liked to have seen something more original than just gabba and speed/terrorcore all night - personally I would have liked to see some breakcore, hardtek or frenchcore in there as well - some of the more experimental gabba and harsh electronica producers that are out there at the moment - the lack of this kind of stuff in there is where the initial comment about lacking imagination was really rooted.

What about getting some of the Planet Mu producers on there, or people like Dolphin or The Technoist on - it would add some variety to the line-up imo. The only DJ's in that room I would really go out of my way to see are Producer and Simon Underground really - as well as your hardcore techno set (not trying to flatter - always been impressed when you've played your harder stuff) - but at the end of the day the DJ's you've gone for are popular so this is just my opinion - and as they say - opinions are like arseholes - everyone's got one!

Third point - "By Kai's comment I really guess you must know now exactly what each dj in the radical room will be playing before they do"
End of the day when the flyer states after each DJ what they are going to play then people are going to make decisions about what is going to be played in advance and decide whether they like the look of an event based on that - don't really see how you can argue with people making assumptions based on that when that is the comments after each DJ are there for.

Fourth point - Frenchcore.
I don't want to get into what each DJ on this night is going to play here - I feel thats covered above and all I can add is that noone on the line-up is really known for playing this sound or has a comment after their name stating that they will be playing a French set - so I'd rather move onto the comments you made about the terminologies.

First up - I know full well that in most of Europe that the term hardcore means something very different to it does here - the same is alse true of techno and tekno. I didn't say you will notice that Frenchcore is French techno I used the term tekno.
Frenchcore, as I understand it, is basically an evolution from the original tekno sound the Spirals took across the Channel in the wake of the CJA and that has been pushed around Europe by the Teknival movement. Those within the hardcore scene in France have since taken this sound and named it Frenchcore - however listen to it and it is basically identical to hardtek/tribe - both are derived from the same tekno sound and are basically the same thing imo - hence the comment linking Frenchcore to French Tekno as a way of explaining what it is to someone who asked - they may not have heard Frenchcore but they may have heard some tribe or tek.

Finally, I do wanna say that i am pleased to see North back again mate and I do actually hope it goes well. I was actually planning to make the 4 hour train journey down for the event when I heard the good news at SS4 and have been eagerly anticipating the line-up since. Therefore when I saw the line-up and it did not personally do enough for me to get my mouth really watering I made a comment - probably worded a bit strong in parts for which I apologise - but essentially I feel the opinions were worth saying - although I should have put more thought into the wording. End of the day its feedback for you from someone who has every intention of going to future North events if the line-ups win me over - thats something that as a promoter you should see as valuable and I hope you can take the longer comments I've made above as constructive criticism.

FuK-NuT
26-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Okay - fair play for coming back on that Andy - I will elaborate on what I've said as you deserve an explanation - however I'm not gonna go back on anything as at end of the day I don't see an issue in being prepared to give a genuine opinion on a line-up.

Okay first point - all the hardstyle. Sorry but can't help be dissappointed by seeing a room dominated by hardstyle - I include in that bracket hard trance and jumpstyle as at the end of the day its variations on a theme. I expected to see some element of it on the line-up but after three years promoting a primarily hard trance and hardstyle event I've got to the point where I'm sick to death of hearing it - to me it's basically the same old same old and a scene that has lost its way, or rather is heading for being pretty much as stale and crappy a scene as hard house, with the likes of Bionic and Goodgreef dominating it and ruining it imo.

Admittedly it is a growing scene and will no doubt get people in to the event, but from my personal perspective its a big turn off when I look at a two room event and see that one of the rooms is not going to interest me all night - Outblast and possibly Wragg excepted (the blurb after says techno/hardstyle - this could be of interest but would be a gamble for me).

Second point - the point I made about lack of imagination in the Radical room. First up, I did actually then immediately retract that by saying "although tbf it is quite a fresh line-up" - end of the day I type as a think and I basically looked at it initially and first thought was it lacked imagination, however on a second look in more detail saw the "2 never before done b2bs in the uk + a producer set never before done & Akira only English date this year" and realised that was being rather disingenuous.

However, I would say that I would have liked to have seen something more original than just gabba and speed/terrorcore all night - personally I would have liked to see some breakcore, hardtek or frenchcore in there as well - some of the more experimental gabba and harsh electronica producers that are out there at the moment - the lack of this kind of stuff in there is where the initial comment about lacking imagination was really rooted.

What about getting some of the Planet Mu producers on there, or people like Dolphin or The Technoist on - it would add some variety to the line-up imo. The only DJ's in that room I would really go out of my way to see are Producer and Simon Underground really - as well as your hardcore techno set (not trying to flatter - always been impressed when you've played your harder stuff) - but at the end of the day the DJ's you've gone for are popular so this is just my opinion - and as they say - opinions are like arseholes - everyone's got one!

Third point - "By Kai's comment I really guess you must know now exactly what each dj in the radical room will be playing before they do"
End of the day when the flyer states after each DJ what they are going to play then people are going to make decisions about what is going to be played in advance and decide whether they like the look of an event based on that - don't really see how you can argue with people making assumptions based on that when that is the comments after each DJ are there for.

Fourth point - Frenchcore.
I don't want to get into what each DJ on this night is going to play here - I feel thats covered above and all I can add is that noone on the line-up is really known for playing this sound or has a comment after their name stating that they will be playing a French set - so I'd rather move onto the comments you made about the terminologies.

First up - I know full well that in most of Europe that the term hardcore means something very different to it does here - the same is alse true of techno and tekno. I didn't say you will notice that Frenchcore is French techno I used the term tekno.
Frenchcore, as I understand it, is basically an evolution from the original tekno sound the Spirals took across the Channel in the wake of the CJA and that has been pushed around Europe by the Teknival movement. Those within the hardcore scene in France have since taken this sound and named it Frenchcore - however listen to it and it is basically identical to hardtek/tribe - both are derived from the same tekno sound and are basically the same thing imo - hence the comment linking Frenchcore to French Tekno as a way of explaining what it is to someone who asked - they may not have heard Frenchcore but they may have heard some tribe or tek.

Finally, I do wanna say that i am pleased to see North back again mate and I do actually hope it goes well. I was actually planning to make the 4 hour train journey down for the event when I heard the good news at SS4 and have been eagerly anticipating the line-up since. Therefore when I saw the line-up and it did not personally do enough for me to get my mouth really watering I made a comment - probably worded a bit strong in parts for which I apologise - but essentially I feel the opinions were worth saying - although I should have put more thought into the wording. End of the day its feedback for you from someone who has every intention of going to future North events if the line-ups win me over - thats something that as a promoter you should see as valuable and I hope you can take the longer comments I've made above as constructive criticism.

u are my hero... :cheese:

kai
26-07-2006, 04:59 PM
not massivly....some of the top end tekno stuff ie tribecore as they say
does sound similar to radium etc just not as cheesy ;)

Exactly - I happen to know the main man at Desert Storm is also involved in the import into the UK of Frenchcore for some of the main French labels - I've been at his house before now and seen literally crates full of Radium's records - clearly he see's a link between the sounds he is producing and DJ'ing and the Frenchcore sound!

FuK-NuT
26-07-2006, 05:05 PM
u heard my new one m8.....down ya street oh yes ;)

http://www.infexious.net/elretardo87/mixes/FuK-NuT%20-%20Dont%20get%20cumfy%20-%2006-07-06.mp3

kai
26-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Will download that as soon as I get home mate - at work at mo! Will post you up some feedback lataz man.

- oh and btw haven't forgot about getting those demo's to you - Rossco is all over place as just moved house and can't even get to his decks at the mo, and Focus' laptop is ****ed and won't record so gonna lend him mine to do the demo with next time I see him.

nekro
28-07-2006, 01:32 PM
i'm going for the jumpstyle

nick_anarchy
28-07-2006, 01:39 PM
wtf is jumpstyle anyway ???

FuK-NuT
28-07-2006, 01:39 PM
hahahaha wot the fuk is jumpstyle? bet it sounds justs as bad as its name...

wots next sit-downstyle? leaningstyle?

crap!

Technobitch
28-07-2006, 01:41 PM
is jumpstyle when they make the decks jump when they are mixing :scratch: :scratch:

(oh that was a joke by the way andy)

Frank Dogshit
28-07-2006, 01:45 PM
doggiestyle.

all this style shit is doin my head in.

one word for it....wankstyle. all of it.

nekro
28-07-2006, 01:59 PM
jumpstyle is the future of rave music

Technobitch
28-07-2006, 02:02 PM
really......................... lucky im into techno music then init

kai
28-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Jumpstyle is basically a hybrid of the harder Belgian techno sound and hardstyle - as much as anything its France and Belgium's take on the Dutch hardstyle sound - it is better than hardstyle tbh when done well and much less cheesy - not sure it will ever really take off in this country though Nekro.

Technobitch
28-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Jumpstyle is basically a hybrid of the harder Belgian techno sound and hardstyle - as much as anything its France and Belgium's take on the Dutch hardstyle sound - it is better than hardstyle tbh when done well and much less cheesy - not sure it will ever really take off in this country though Nekro.

kai...............will now be known as the fountain of all musical knowledge :cool:

:cheese:

alsynthe
28-07-2006, 05:54 PM
or just a plonker that likes jumpstyle

kai
28-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Haha - piss off Al!

alsynthe
28-07-2006, 06:59 PM
love u too kai

Frank Dogshit
28-07-2006, 08:05 PM
whoever makes these daft 'style' terms up needs locking in a room and torturing with white noise.

alsynthe
28-07-2006, 09:59 PM
or powerdrills

278d7e64a374de26f==