PDA

View Full Version : DirtyBass - Caged in Darkness - Force rmx

force
27-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Still working on the mix for this.......I think me ears are dead or need syringing :eh:

http://rapidshare.de/files/27243588/DB__Caged_in_Darkness_rmx_.mp3.html

sash
28-07-2006, 11:01 AM
wicked tune dude. really rollin along there. some parts remind me of some surgeon tracks. shweet :)

force
30-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanx mate, dont know a great deal of surgeons stuff but cheers for the compliment :)

stjohn
31-07-2006, 07:49 PM
****in deadly
id definatley love to play this!!

production is quality too.

force
31-07-2006, 08:59 PM
thanx loads dude, i'm well chuffed now

Jay Pace
06-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Grrr... can't download. Insists I have the access code wrong.

Scumbags

Jay Pace
07-08-2006, 12:57 PM
This is very, very good.

Production quality is very high, and you've got an interesting take on the original

Pros:
Really like the style. Like the way you've dropped away from the washy pads and sounds that were always in the background, but thats probably my personal preference.
Structurally never lingers long enough to become dull, and the rhythmic changes are unexpected and original. Has a good freeform development to it - doesn't do the run of the mill predictable "all in" - "all out" - "all in again" structure.
Solid bass, grooooooves along. Good tempo as well - really doesn't need to be any faster at all.
On headphones so can't comment extensively, but the production values sound very high. Impressive stuff mate.
Good use of stereo, efficient use of space and you manage to run a lot of different elements without the mix sounding cluttered or muddy.
Lovely wubwubwubwub bass.

Cons:
Given the direction you've taken with the remix I think you need to pronounce the difference from the original a little bit more. I really like the BMB style rhythmic "edits" route with pattern changes and edits being the main drivers, but there aren't enough edits for my liking. I think the structure flows very well, but think there should be more happening within each section to drive the track along.
The panned cycling loop you run in the background is good, but I wonder what would happen to that run in mono. Be good to have more automation and changes which go beyond a straightforward L-R-L-R pan and a filter sweep. I felt it was a little overused as well, and burned out a bit towards the end. But thats because its fairly prominant and the panning is really obvious with headphones.
Felt it needed a bit more aggression. Its a really solid track but with the focus on the rhythmn I wanted it to bite in harder in places, it flowed a little toooo nicely at times. Be good to chop it up a bit, add some fairly savage edits to lead in to sections and mark out areas. Or maybe just one big fat drop in, felt the track needed one big memorable hit or break section.

Very reminiscent of surgeon/british murder boys.
Top work mate, not an easy sound to achieve, and even harder to do it well.

Really good to hear your style dude. Shall look forward to hearing more.

force
07-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the in depth comments mate....all points taken on board.

I suffered a bit of 'listening fatigue', with this and probably could have spent a bit longer thinking about the edits.

Plus the missus broke me headphones :mad:

loopdon
07-08-2006, 08:44 PM
solid workout :cool:

good production thumping -club bangor that roxors :lol:

loopdon
07-08-2006, 08:45 PM
seriously

Mindful
09-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Man this is shit hot.
love all the changes and the drums are dope, as is that bass.
Personaly like the flow of it as is and dont think that any edits are needed.

Kube 72
10-08-2006, 05:34 PM
very nice, indeed reminds me also of BMB, surgeon style, solid production...good work

teknotika
14-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Very nice, I like it and would play it :techno:
My speakers are screaming :newstyle:
Nice production, great equalized, everything on its place...
Good work Force. :toast:

force
14-08-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm well and truly BLOWN away by these comments..
Serious thanx to all those that downloaded it

278d7e64a374de26f==